Reads like Timmy threw a hissy fit.

WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 Officer
Given the opportunity to employ their Wildcat formation against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday, the New York Jets didn't call Tim Tebow to the field during their 27-17 loss. Instead, wide receiver Jeremy Kerley handled the task.

Which left open the question: Isn't Tebow the designated quarterback in the Jets' Wildcat scheme?

Turns out, Tebow told coach Rex Ryan and coordinator Tony Sparano he didn't want to be used in the gimmick formation this week. An ESPN affiliate exposed that information after the game, and the New York Post confirmed it.

Tebow is frustrated by a wasted season in which he expected to have a significant role in the Jets’ offense. Yet when Mark Sanchez was benched last week for the Chargers game, it was Greg McElroy who got the assignment. Reports say Tebow was not pleased with the plan.

Rather than accept his fate, Tebow told his coaches to find someone else to run the quarterback-option scheme.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-23/tim-tebow-left-out-as-jets-use-wide-receiver-in-wildcat-formation?icid=maing-grid7|maing9|dl1|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D249444
Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 8,689 Admiral
    Can't say I blame him. The Jets have done him no favors.
  • reefchiefreefchief Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    First post but what has he done for the Jets? Just sayin.... Seems like the jags would be more intersted in trying to build a winning team.
    I don't blame tebow either... @ this point I'd just go to whoever was ignorant enough to give me a job heating up the bench... I would just like to see this new owner for the Jags at least attempt to put together a competitive team. He is an idiot if he gives up the first pick for a bench warmer. Ticket sales may go up for a few games with Tebow but it wont last if they continue to lose.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 Officer
    The only reason I posted was because the article reads a little put of character from the TT we have been groomed to know.......and his usual team player way.....
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
    Yeah... Sorry didn't take the time to read it. I've seen him stomp his foot and pout and cry far too many times, and quite honestly am a little tebowed out. Only reason I responded was b/c I was just shocked to hear the Jags are actually trying to get him, and even more shocked to see how many fans are happy he could be coming to Jacksonville. Maybe Khan is just thinking of making him the new mascot for ticket sales.... The Jacksonville Tebows.... Would be a much better plan IMHO.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral
    Reads like Timmy threw a hissy fit.

No it doesn't.

Reads like you're trolling Tim.

BS!!!!
  • Security LeakSecurity Leak Posts: 838 Officer
    A year with a classless and clueless organization has finally got him fed up. Sanchez has had 50 turnovers the last two years and the Jets were going no where with him and they still would not give Tebow a shot. I do love watching the Jets organization implode and fat **** Rex Ryan not being able to run his mouth though. Tebow is not a good QB but neither is Sanchez. Tebow does have heart and leadership which Sanchez does not.
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    I do love watching the Jets organization implode and fat **** Rex Ryan not being able to run his mouth though.

X2

I didn't like blowhard Buddy Ryan and I don't like his kids.
  • MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 345 Deckhand
    tag wrote: »
    Can't say I blame him. The Jets have done him no favors.

It was a good move to ask not to be played. The best thing for both the Jets and Tim Tebow (in my opinion) is for him to move to another team where he will be allowed to contribute on a more regular basis.

If the Jets played him and he did well, the Jets would probably be tempted to keep him around next year, and what confidence would there be that next year would be better than this year in terms of Tebow being given an opportunity to contribute in NY?

A player can certainly make polite and respectful requests of the coaching staff when the player sees those requests as being in the best interests of both the team and the player.
    “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Security LeakSecurity Leak Posts: 838 Officer
    magot wrote: »
    X2

Yep, the acorn did not fall far from the tree.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 8,786 Admiral
    Kerley's QB debut wasn't just a surprise—it worked. He threw a 42-yard pass that was among the Jets' longest completions of the season. It was also three yards more than all of Tebow's completions have accounted for this season.
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Resinhead wrote: »
    Kerley's QB debut wasn't just a surprise—it worked. He threw a 42-yard pass that was among the Jets' longest completions of the season. It was also three yards more than all of Tebow's completions have accounted for this season.

Troo Dat.

It was also so woefully underthrown that even I could have intercepted it.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    magot wrote: »
    X2

Right on Mags
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 699 Officer
    reefchief wrote: »
    I've seen him stomp his foot and pout and cry far too many times

You have? Can you please provide details of when/what you saw? I'm very interested in your story...
    Bob [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16 ft. Carolina Skiff J series with 25 hp Yamaha tiller - Wounded Knee
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Tebow just called out Ryan-- claimed he never said he wouldn't run the wildcat.
    He said his integrity is more important than football. Everyone probably already knew Ryan as a blowhard. Now you can add lying in front of the blowhard
  • treetopflyntreetopflyn Posts: 3,937 Officer
    Just another spoiled entitled football player. Shocking I tell you just shocking!
  • JesseJamesJesseJames Posts: 2,408 Officer
    Just another spoiled entitled football player. Shocking I tell you just shocking!

Welcome back Tree 'ole buddy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    copoutfishing.com
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,126 Captain
    Great college qb and ever better person.

However, as said many times, does not have pro qb abilities.

That being said, anything that will help the jags move away from Fl has my support. I hope they spend/trade too much and bring TT to Jax. In all actuality, they shouldn't have to give much to get him, it doesn't seem there are any other teams competing for his services.
    Hoping for better luck next time......
  • SeminolekenSeminoleken Posts: 3,489 Officer
    RennieRae wrote: »
    You have? Can you please provide details of when/what you saw? I'm very interested in your story...

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg
    2012-09-01_19-51-23_295copy.jpgr8yvdx-1-1.jpg
  • RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 6,781 Officer
    One of the greatest cfb players of all time.......outstanding quality person......but he does not have the abilities of a prototypical nfl QB. He could be successful in the NFL if a team would adjust to fit him but that would not be a smart move.
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can **** women for free!!!
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,471 Admiral
    RedBaron wrote: »
    One of the greatest cfb players of all time.......outstanding quality person.......

And as the latest report points out he didn't say or do the most recent items that were originally reported.

Shocking, a man who walks the talk.

Good for Mr Tebow (gators and he still suck though)
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,659 Captain
    Best bet for Tebow is the CFL.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,395 AG
    Hoge is a f***wad. He deserves to be fired, what an ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,897 Admiral
    Given the opportunity to employ their Wildcat formation against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday, the New York Jets didn't call Tim Tebow to the field during their 27-17 loss. Instead, wide receiver Jeremy Kerley handled the task.

Which left open the question: Isn't Tebow the designated quarterback in the Jets' Wildcat scheme?

Turns out, Tebow told coach Rex Ryan and coordinator Tony Sparano he didn't want to be used in the gimmick formation this week. An ESPN affiliate exposed that information after the game, and the New York Post confirmed it.

Tebow is frustrated by a wasted season in which he expected to have a significant role in the Jets’ offense. Yet when Mark Sanchez was benched last week for the Chargers game, it was Greg McElroy who got the assignment. Reports say Tebow was not pleased with the plan.

Rather than accept his fate, Tebow told his coaches to find someone else to run the quarterback-option scheme.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-23/tim-tebow-left-out-as-jets-use-wide-receiver-in-wildcat-formation?icid=maing-grid7|maing9|dl1|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D249444

I don't say this lightly but you sir are a dolt who has no clue.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,395 AG
    DuPont wrote: »
    I don't say this lightly but you sir are a dolt who has no clue.

He's far from a dolt, just quoting what someone fed the press and the press ran with it as gospel. (no pun intended)

Going to NY was a terrible decision made by Tebow. Why are both the Redskins and the Panthers giving this type of QB a fair shot and not NY? I wish the Jags had a QB leading them to a playoff berth and win. LOL at Gene Smith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    nav you didn't just compare Tebow to RG3 and Cam did you. :nono
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,024 AG
    nav you didn't just compare Tebow to RG3 and Cam did you. :nono

Really. Neither one of them won a National Title. :wink
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Timmy beat New York last year and made their defense look quite bad in the process. I wouldn't put it past the Jets organization if they got Tim on their roster simply so they would never have to compete against him head-to-head
    Flash college football is not the same as Pro football. There is a reason that none of the NFL teams want him.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file