baitcasting reel question

i want to buy a baitcasting reel for both saltwater and freshwater lure fishing in florida...........how is the new revo inshore?(black one).....can throw how heavy lure?..........or the other recommendation

Replies

• fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    Shimano Curado is nice...
  • triumphricktriumphrick Posts: 534 Officer
    Ditto the Curado...much better made as well..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    KeyWest 268 BF 150's
    "Lisa Anne"

"RICK'S REEL SERVICE, IT'S MORE THAN REPAIRS"

http://RICKSREELSERVICE.COM
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,058 Moderator
    Curado or Daiwa Coastal for low profile, Daiwa Luna for round
  • DylanLeeDylanLee Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    how is the daiwa coastal?is the max drag enough?
    how is the daiwa coastal?is the max drag enough?
    Curado or Daiwa Coastal for low profile, Daiwa Luna for round
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,757 Captain
    don't know anything about the Daiwa baitcasters.... but like the above posts I can recommend the Curados. I have several anglers that use them a lot and I've done routine maintenance on at least ten of them. Very well built reels with little to go wrong (and all of my guys are using them for heavy salt/backcountry stuff with braid in the 30 to 60lb range...

In my own arsenal it's mostly Calcuttas in 250 and 400 sizes. They're alright for the salt - but I wouldn't recommend them for freshwater work. If you look around a bit almost any of the old Shimano Bantams were great reels for both fresh/salt and you can still find parts for most of them....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Officer
    I've been a baitcaster guy for a while, using Shimano's, particularly their Citica "D" line which is a step below the Curado. Recently, during the course of switching from right to left hand retrieve, I was enticed to get a Revo. Mostly because of the reviews, spool breaking system, and that, wow, 24lb. drag they advertise. I have fished it for a while now, and it is a nice reel. Don't let the big drag # persuade you, though. You'll never get close to that in regular use.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
    ok~~~i will buy a curado:)
    thank you~~are the curado cu300e saltwater reel?
    thank you~~are the curado cu300e saltwater reel?~~~
    They are not saltwater specific but Shimano approves their use in saltwater. No probs but dont expect to neglect it like a senator and have it not develop issues. That reel is probably the benchmark in LP baitcasters. It will treat you right.
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    oh~~~thank
    ......how is the Chronarch??it's can use in saltwater?
    DylanLee wrote: »
    ......how is the Chronarch??it's can use in saltwater?

Its a great reel. Any shimano you pay more than$100 will be approved for saltwater use.
    nuevowavo wrote:
    oh~~~~~~thank you.i think i will buy this one.
  • pinoyboykevpinoyboykev Posts: 35 Deckhand
    If you're interested in the curado, also take a look at the new daiwa lexa 300. I have both a curado 300EJ and the lexa 300. I definitely prefer the lexa 300 since it feels much more solid and refined. Also, it is cheaper than the curado 300.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file