Have you ever had that feeling, when you knew the deer should move?

Jaden killed one opening morning, a good one at that. She’s hunted a few times since but Jordon has hunted hard at least 15 times passing on spikes and 4 pts that she chose not to shoot but not really seeing many deer at all . The temps have been bad but bucks were being killed in the area so we kept going. Today was the 5th evening in a row she has hunted. With the temps dropping, front moving in and a light rain I knew we needed to go and before I called her she called me and told me “we needed to go because they should move” so we went. we were in the stand and she was down I could see and we were talking about that’s why it’s called hunting and killing and being consistent in going helps.
Long story short, it was 5 min before shooting time, pretty dark and a doe runs out in the plot. It was overcast and getting dark quick. 2-3 minutes go by with her looking around and Jordon saying “there is a buck back there somewhere” and he steps out facing us at 70 yds.
Just then I look to my left and a smaller buck comes out 30 yds from us (50 yds from the others) and heads to the other deer which is what we needed to turn the other buck for us. I told her if she couldn’t see him good to let him go and we’d see him later and then BOOM!! And she says “I got him dad, I seen him buckle” which I didn’t from the muzzle blast but I did see him going low, fast and in a straight line. I knew she hit him good. Went to the house to get a light and a bloody 45 yds later there he was. Perfect slight quarter to double lung and no guts.

I’m a proud dad fellas, as I know the rest of you dad’s are too.

150 lb 8 pt

IMG_9449.jpg
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    Congrats to all of you Tommy. I know you're proud and you should be.
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Officer
    Good thing you got them girls to show you how to get it done. WTG Jordon!
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • StonewallStonewall Posts: 848 Officer
    :thumbsupWay to go!! That's awesome and way to hang in there and not give up Jordon.
    Can't never did try!
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,355 Admiral
    Thanks for shaking, Tommy. That's so dang cool for you guys.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,159 Admiral
    That's awesome memories!

They moved like crazy after the rain ... Saw bb but he didn't like what I was offering
  • stanwillstanwill Posts: 375 Deckhand
    You got it down right Tommy.
    You should be so proud of both of them,You are raising them right.
    Just an old ,fat man that likes to fish
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,571 Captain
    Good hunt!
    Proverbs 13:3
  • RhettleyRhettley Posts: 1,545 Officer
    Heck I'm proud for you! Congrats to Jaden!
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 2,748 Captain
    Congrats! Good job
    Got a call yesterday Tommy from a friend up here that has 3 girls and no boys

He's making a great effort to get them in the woods and on the water, he's not having the success your having....your a blessed man!
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    very nice job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • line dancerline dancer Posts: 233 Officer
    Congrats to you and her.
  • Nat-LightNat-Light Posts: 451 Deckhand
    Great Job!
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    wishfishin wrote: »
    Good thing you got them girls to show you how to get it done. WTG Jordon!

THIS!! Your girls are some deer SLAYERS!
    hooknreds wrote: »
    THIS!! Your girls are some deer SLAYERS!

2 young men have some excellent padnas coming their way one day, heck of a FIL too.
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,102 Captain
    Congrats to her.

I told LineDancer the same thing last night. Only difference is he didn't see a deer! He went from crazy buck movement to nada yesterday. Hopefully he'll get back and give his report this afternoon or tomorrow, it'll be a good 'un, I promise!
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,571 Captain
    omegafoo wrote: »
    Congrats to her.

Hopefully he'll get back and give his report this afternoon or tomorrow, it'll be a good 'un, I promise!

I saw that on FB.... Gah!
    Proverbs 13:3
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,960 AG
    Thanks guys. It was a fun hunt and a great shot. Yes foot, I am blessed and thank the good Lord daily for these girls and the time we spend together :worthy

I hunted until 11 this morning and just got a bite to eat and some dry clothes. going back to sit the middle of the day but I'm going to a stand with a roof on it......
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,837 Captain
    That is wonderful Tommy, I know you are proud and she is happy.
    Heard lots of shooting on the lake today, late into the morning, doing some work out that way.
    F the feds
  • bbbbbb Posts: 955 Officer
    Poor deer walk out in front of a killer last night. Tell her congrats from the Tyre kids. Now she can get back to chasing boys.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,960 AG
    Bodine wrote: »
    Heard lots of shooting on the lake today, late into the morning, doing some work out that way.

I heard it too while I was hunting on the SE side of the lake. 2 guns and they shot until I left at 11. Probably 2 boxes of shells between them. Where were you working at?
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,837 Captain
    On Centerville just before town, next to the Methodist Cemetery.
    F the feds
  • KnuckleheadKnucklehead Posts: 1,418 Officer
    :cool::thumbsup
    Don-Knotts-don-knotts-22921303-197-200.jpg
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 3,533 Captain
    Sweeeet!!
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • tagtag Posts: 8,686 Admiral
    The smile says it all. Great job.
  • manleymanley Posts: 875 Officer
    You have many reasons to be proud. What great kids, and what a great dad!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file