Help me find the right conservation organization to contribute too

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 Officer
    No-Spam-Can.jpg
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Tom HiltonTom Hilton Posts: 1,548 Captain
    There are a couple that stand out in terms of fighting for our fishing rights;

RFA - Recreational Fishing Alliance http://www.joinrfa.org

FRA - Fishing Rights Alliance http://www.joinfra.com
  • Wicked CatchWicked Catch Posts: 13 Greenhorn
  • StradlatterStradlatter Posts: 46 Deckhand
    The CCA (Coastal Conservation Association) is by far the most effective conservation group in fishing.
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    they lead from behind - FRA in my book, they were the only ones standing up for us at the last meeting - CCA had no stance??
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 3,987 Moderator
    Dog In spite of what Gary posted, quoting Denny, CCA did take a stand at the December FWC meeting. On the day of the meeting (Dec 5) I spoke to Trip Aukeman, Deputy Director - Advocacy, CCA Florida, who was in attendance at the meeting and expressed my feelings against C&R, or Sportfish Status for Permit. He told me that CCA was also against this, but there was some feelings to make it C&R in the SPZ's in the Keys, where this proposal was originating.
    Here's a portion of an e-mail I received from Trip on the day of the meeting:
    I am at the FWC meeting right now and I will call you at some point today. I can tell you that CCA is not for catch and release only for permit and we are working against that.
    A short time later, I got the phone call.

After the meeting I received an e-mail from him that CCA took the position that we spoke about.
    This guy is spamming the forum to sell his ersatz "Salt Life" Chinese/ Indian sweat shop / child slave labor "performance" , look at my lifestyle ,oriented logo shirts. Any active Florida fisherman would know what CCA is and what it has done for the fisheries without having to "discover" it here.

Its spam.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 2,972 Captain
    I was going to suggest Florida Wildlife Federation fwfonline.org however with caution posted.......further,"Wicked Catch" user name possible alert.....besides,if Wicked Catch is not worthy,will not get far with FWF
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
    By all means I'm not denying promoting my company here on the forums. However, I am very much interested in doing what no other fishing sportswear company has done and that's partnering up with a conservation organization and starting a program that contributes funds from the proceeds of WC to an organization of my choosing and therefore came here to find out what you members can recommend. If you can't contribute to that Gary I suggest you not comment at all.
    This guy is spamming the forum to sell his ersatz "Salt Life" Chinese/ Indian sweat shop / child slave labor "performance" , look at my lifestyle ,oriented logo shirts. Any active Florida fisherman would know what CCA is and what it has done for the fisheries without having to "discover" it here.

Its spam.
    FloridaOD, FWF has been added to the list. Thanks.
    FloridaOD wrote: »
    I was going to suggest Florida Wildlife Federation fwfonline.org however with caution posted.......further,"Wicked Catch" user name possible alert.....besides,if Wicked Catch is not worthy,will not get far with FWF
    By all means I'm not denying promoting my company here on the forums. However, I am very much interested in doing what no other fishing sportswear company has done and that's partnering up with a conservation organization and starting a program that contributes funds from the proceeds of WC to an organization of my choosing and therefore came here to find out what you members can recommend. If you can't contribute to that Gary I suggest you not comment at all.

What no other company has done? You mean like Simms or Columbia or Patagonia? :grin

You came here to sell your cheap Salt Life/Flats Pirate/Flats Mafia/ad nauseam "lifestyle" logo shirts.

As for this little charade, anyone who has spent any time fishing knows who those ENGOs are.

Most of us contribute time, effort and funding to these organizations without which, you would have no one to pitch your "lifestyle" to.

So I would suggest to you that you contribute your effort to understanding the issues, attend the hearings, write your legislators and act like these members who are not here for free advertising.

If you want to do both, I suggest the nickels and dimes you would be donating would be better spent buying an ad in Florida Sportsman, like everyone else does, which will keep this site available to advance recreational fishing and fisheries conservation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file