Snipe

rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
Have any of you started seeing many snipe?

The water is still a little high on the area I normally snipe hunt. I went out Sunday and did a lot of hard walking and only got up six birds. They got up farther away than normal or I'm shooting worse as I only hit three. two good kills and one crippled. The crippled one got away from Marly, but I guess she retrieved better than I shot.....

Hopefully as the water goes down a little more, I'll find more birds.
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Replies

• Toothy ThangToothy Thang Posts: 1,412 Officer
    I've only seen, 1-2 a day until Saturday.. jumped maybe 20.
  • fishsniperfishsniper Posts: 54 Deckhand
    they are here.
  • Lc-hunter86Lc-hunter86 Posts: 2,926 Officer
    Yup they are here...hunted a snipe qouta with a friend last week and jumped 20-30 of them. Only managed 5 kills though lol. I decided to challenge myself with the single shot 20gauge :)
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,964 AG
    I've seen them on the drained lake up here. What habitat do they like best? there is very little water where I've seen them.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    micci_man wrote: »
    I've seen them on the drained lake up here. What habitat do they like best? there is very little water where I've seen them.

They like mud
    Your lake ought to be eat up with em
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,964 AG
    I'm sure it is but the "mud" is far and few between and it would take lots of boot leather to find/get to it. The dove are easier to find and shoot :smile
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Lol I did the same things a few years back went out with my buddy we were probably 20 at the time I carried my 20 gauge topped JR from H&R was my first shotgun I got when I was 9 took a few shots to get used to it again but we laid out our limit of hoodies and tagged a few snipe in the process what a blast
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,459 Admiral
    Jumped two out of a drying up water hole on Saturday. Missed 'em both, though. Hard as heck to hit with the ought six!
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • TurkeymasterTurkeymaster Posts: 210 Officer
    We were covered with them this past weekend while duck hunting.LOL they were becoming a pain.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth ...
    Ronald Reagan
  • campertopcampertop Posts: 719 Officer
    Limited out the past two weekends, Fri, Sat, Sun down south here. They are here.
  • FloridaBoyFloridaBoy Posts: 284 Officer
    They are thick here, a lil south of you
  • mccrackermccracker Posts: 354 Officer
    campertop wrote: »
    Limited out the past two weekends, Fri, Sat, Sun down south here. They are here.

coordinates please

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file