Action Packed Morning In Ft.Pierce! 12/1/12

We were really looking forward to getting a wading trip in with the new Unfair Lures so Chris, Dad, and myself hit the water this morning. Showed up to a glassy calm river and immediately got a nice trout on the Rip N Slash. We all caught a few jacks and ladyfish before I stuck a nice 20 inch trout! The wind starts to pick up and then I hook into a good fish! It's not jumping and feels pretty heavy. Pull it up beside me and up comes an absolute monster of a ladyfish. My personal best for sure. :grin Now we go down a little further, battling the stiff 10mph east wind(we were on the west side). I'm hooked up again! This time with another just over slot trout. Not even 5 minutes later, Dad is hit right beside him! Fish on! Up comes a big trout! After some short runs, we land the Gator!! Dad's personal best wading trout caught on the Rip N Slash! Unfair Lures got a lot of attention today!

Replies

• Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    All nice fish, wtg.

Are those fake gills hanging out of the lures? That's some good detail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,701 Captain
    Nice trout! I love trout, especially on top water. Good job and good report. I am courious about the lure too. Guess I'll take the flats boat out tomorrow!!
  • snook87snook87 Posts: 1,707 Officer
    Wow that's a lot of action!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inshore OnlyInshore Only Posts: 77 Deckhand
    What is your tackle setup for catching those trout (rod/reel size, line, leader)? Awesome trout!
    Redfish 10'
  • capt_toddttcapt_toddtt Posts: 159 Officer
    Nice report fellas!
  • Joupdog1Joupdog1 Posts: 1,416 Officer
    Fi$h2nguyen - That is gills on the lure. Just one of the many features that come with the Unfair Lures.

Snook87 - Thank You!

Inshore Only - I use a Penn Fierce 3000 on a 6'6" Berkeley Lightning Rod. 20 pound braided line with 30 pound leader(in case you hook into a good snook or something, you wouldn't want to be broken off).
  • BearmaticBearmatic Posts: 576 Officer
    That is a nice bunch of fish looks like you some good action most of the time. That is what acounts guys ACTION!!
  • FLDXTFLDXT Posts: 2,476 Captain
    Great report as usual Joup!
    I nominate Joup for the Engel cooler they are advertising for posting reports in your section...just saying.
  • evergladeskid243evergladeskid243 Posts: 269 Officer
    Bold move fishin the west side with an east wind... looks like it payed off!
  • Lazy BonesLazy Bones Posts: 940 Officer
    that lure did some work.

That first pic is sick
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    nice job!
  • DemarzacDemarzac Posts: 204 Officer
    Are those fake gills hanging out of the lures? That's some good detail.

That was exactly my initial reaction too. The detail on that lure is incredible.

That's a slob of a trout your dad nailed there, and that ladyfish is getting into mini-tarpon size.
    "If you want to play an up-tempo, fast-skating game, we can play that game. If you want to muck and grind in the corners and along the boards, we can play that game too."-Famous Coach
  • lanjamlanjam Posts: 173 Officer
    Good job consistently!
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Demarzac wrote: »
    That's a slob of a trout your dad nailed there, and that ladyfish is getting into mini-tarpon size.

Seriously, biggest Ladyfish I've seen I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
    Demarzac wrote: »
    That was exactly my initial reaction too. The detail on that lure is incredible.

Best part about the lure is that the fish think it looks as good as we do. Proud to carry it on treasurecoasttackle.com
  • snook87snook87 Posts: 1,707 Officer
    Is treasurecoasttackle.com a licensed business?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    snook87 wrote: »
    Is treasurecoasttackle.com a licensed business?

Yes we are. We have a State of Florida resale certificate and also a business licence in Martin County. We are an online retailer only, we do not have a store front.
  • mandaferretmandaferret Posts: 932 Officer
    Superglue red hackle fibers to a mirrolure.
    Superglue red hackle fibers to a mirrolure.

1. These gills are not just "superglued", they are lifelong, meaning, you cannot pull them out, even if you tried.
    2. They come with premium Triple Grip Style hooks, unlike the MirrOlure hooks that everyone complains about.
    3. They are not molded in 2 pieces like a Mirrolure, and will not pull in half like I have had them do several times. Unfair Lures are ultrasonically welded together to insure that something like that will never happen.
    4. The split rings are positioned so that if you change your treble hooks for single hooks, they will ride correctly, unlike Yo-Zuri or MirrOlure who use a double split ring to get them to ride correctly.
  • Shore-riderShore-rider Posts: 46 Deckhand
    Owned
  • BigJoupBigJoup Posts: 171 Officer
    My biggest issue with ALOT of lures is the fact that you pay good money for them and then change the hooks because the manufacturer got cheap where it counts the most!
    Treasure Coast Battery & Alternator 772-287-0301

Treasure Coast Tackle www.treasurecoasttackle.com

"That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well"- Abraham Lincoln
    Point is, much better lure for the same price as a mirrolure
  • DemarzacDemarzac Posts: 204 Officer
    BigJoup wrote: »
    My biggest issue with ALOT of lures is the fact that you pay good money for them and then change the hooks because the manufacturer got cheap where it counts the most!

That is so true, not to mention the same being the case with mediocre>inferior split rings. Then ya gotta part with $15-$20 for a decent pair of split ring pliers. Quasi-racket.
    "If you want to play an up-tempo, fast-skating game, we can play that game. If you want to muck and grind in the corners and along the boards, we can play that game too."-Famous Coach
  • BigJoupBigJoup Posts: 171 Officer
    I will add one caveat to the hook and split ring discussion, if you just grab the hook with your pliers and hang the fish from it to shake the hook out then it doesn't matter what hooks or rings are on it. I'm sure that's an obvious point to make.....but who knows.
    Treasure Coast Battery & Alternator 772-287-0301

Treasure Coast Tackle www.treasurecoasttackle.com

"That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well"- Abraham Lincoln
  • BonecrackerBonecracker Posts: 111 Deckhand
    Joupdog1 or BigJoup got a question for yall! Went and checked out Unfairlures.com and love the look and design of these new lures. Do the mullet and greenie plugs act like a twitch bait or do they sink faster? Can you purchase these plugs now on-line as I live near Tally and see no dealers listed??
    2006 2200V PATHFINDER / VMAX HPDI 200HP :USA
    2012 MAVERICK 18-HPX / YAMAHA F115
    2001 HELLS BAY WATERMAN / 25 MERC - SOLD
    2014 BEAVERTAIL ELITE / YAMAHA F70 -SOLD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file