acc adds louisville

frankfrank Posts: 12,231 AG
good for louisville
they can hang
No political signature

Replies

• RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 6,781 Officer
    Why bother?
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can **** women for free!!!
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,563 Admiral
    Good for hoops!
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 25,907 AG
    Better than Maryland
    Vote for the other candidate
  • JesseJamesJesseJames Posts: 2,408 Officer
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Good for hoops!

These are all basketball oriented moves. ACC Football is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    copoutfishing.com
  • Tarpon NoleTarpon Nole Posts: 1,857 Officer
    JesseJames wrote: »

Yep. While Louisville was the best choice among the candidates, this does nothing from the money standpoint which is why FSU and clemson want out
  • peariverpeariver Posts: 855 Officer
    The SEC would welcome FSU and Clemson, I'm sure but if they were really interested in the SEC they would have jumped ship before the ACC added that $50 million dollar buyout and while the SEC was looking to add teams last year.
    peariver wrote: »
    The SEC would welcome FSU and Clemson, I'm sure but if they were really interested in the SEC they would have jumped ship before the ACC added that $50 million dollar buyout and while the SEC was looking to add teams last year.

Supposedly saban and Alabama want FSU. That's the new hot rumor.

With Bama , Mizzou, and A&M there may eh enough votes
    Florida Atlantic and middle Tennessee to CUSA

CUSA- new sunbelt
    Be- new CUSA
    ACC- new BE

What a crapfest

Edit- FIU and WkU to CUSA as well to get to 14 teams
  • runnoftrunnoft Posts: 331 Officer
    Isn't there a gentlemen's agreement in the SEC that prevents in state rivals from joining (Clemson, FSU, GT particularly).
    runnoft wrote: »
    Isn't there a gentlemen's agreement in the SEC that prevents in state rivals from joining (Clemson, FSU, GT particularly).

That's was the rumor last summer when they added Mizzou and tamu

The rumor now is there's really not a whole lot more TV sets to add to add to the sec's footprint outside of Texas and Oklahoma that wouldn't water down the conference

Adding a North Carolina and Virginia school doesn't add that much value

Now people are saying that adding an FSU and Clemson adds TV viewers (even though people on here are going to say thy dont) and quality football

Saban is rumored to be in favor and there now be enough votes to not need UF, UGA, and UT's votes

My take is its not going to happen
    Funny....for years, UF tried to help fsu get in. When fsu had the opportunity to get in, they ran to the ACC. Now IF they want back in , UF will be the roadblock because of all the money and TV audience.

I am not sure fsu really wants in. I think they like being the big fish in the little pond. In the SEC, they will likely be moreso in UF's shadow.
  • runnoftrunnoft Posts: 331 Officer
    UF's shadow.... That's interesting. Typical UF arrogance but whatever.

By the way... Nice helmet to helmet shot. I had forgotten all about that one.
    Truth hurt much?

Where is UF not ahead of fsu? just name it.

Nice facemask to helmet...it's called tackle football.
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    runnoft wrote: »

By the way... Nice helmet to helmet shot. I had forgotten all about that one.

Your own coach said it was not a head injury, but he took the shot to the chest and lost his breath.... or do you think that's BS too
    At What point do we start calling this conference the Big eAst CC?
    FSU's Conference Opponents:
    __A__
    Miami
    BC
    VT
    Louisville
    Pitt
    Syracuse
    __B__
    Clem
    NCSt
    WF
    UNC
    GT
    Duke
    UVA
    JesseJames wrote: »

Yep.....Adding Louisvile to the ACC sounds like a good move to replace Maryland.....except that Charlie Strong likely won't be with them so just another ACCreampuff.

Charlie Strong interviewed for AU this week and is looking like it might happen.
    RedBaron wrote: »
    Yep.....Adding Louisvile to the ACC sounds like a good move to replace Maryland.....except that Charlie Strong likely won't be with them so just another ACCreampuff.

Charlie Strong interviewed for AU this week and is looking like it might happen.

If Charlie strong leaves, Louisville is nothing but a bball school
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    If Charlie strong leaves, Louisville is nothing but a bball school

Mark it. Charlie Strong will leave Louisville.., at some point. Probably sooner than later.
    He wants to coach in the SEC.., and there's several respectable openings now.
    Has family ties in Arkansas.., but we'll see.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
    I agree. I wasn't sure how tight he was at UL and wasn't sure if he felt the need to stay there another year or two.....

but seeing that he is interviewing, he is obviously ready to move to bigger and better.

I see him as a very likely candidate for AU or Ark......I believe that will happen.

However, when he was at UF as a DC, he did pursue some HC jobs and never got them.....it was said that he is a terrible interviewer. Those were the rumors....I think his interviewing skills can be done by showing his progress at UL. I wish him luck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file