Recent Boattronics reviews!

2»

Replies

• BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,085 Admiral
    JoelW wrote: »
    After buying my first boat about a year ago, I realized that I had been sold a good depth finder with a crappy transducer. After a year of crappy returns from my transom mounted transducer I upgraded to an Airmar thru hull. Tony did a quick, clean, and thorough job. It's working great inshore, but I'm looking forward to it really paying off over some wrecks next week.

If you need any work done, give Tony a call.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
    Element wrote: »
    PM or call Tony and see if he has anything used. Im sure people upgrade and need to move their otherwise perfectly good older stuff. At the very least he will know the exact answer to your question and give you great advice.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
    po28der wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know I just had tony do a install for me.
    With simple instructions. Remove the old stuff install the new
    Stuff and make it look like the old stuff was never there. I did
    Not think it would look as nice as it did but it was great
    I would recommend him.
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    samsiam74 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks and let everyone know what a great job Tony did for me today on my new ride... Had a few things to instal and some wiring issues to clean up and Tony came through on short notice! I really appreciate a job well done and I was not disappointed. To make matters better, I got a lot of useful knowledge too and met another great forum brother! Thank you soooo much and I'll definitely be calling you to take care of the other items we discussed.
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    samsiam74 wrote: »
    Tony, everything worked perfect today! Thanks again!

Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Everyone should know their abilities and more importantly recognize their shortcomings. Mine involves WIRES. I hired Tony from BOATTRONICS to do some work on my boat today and he is someone that has surely recognized his abilities and puts them to use. You can find numerous companies to do boat electronic work BUT the pride Tony takes in the quality of his work is second to none. Its a great thing to find a source that does it right the 1st time and doesn't leave you feeling as if your check book was mugged.Top notch job at great rates and can spit fishing knowledge the entire time. If you think its expensive to hire a professional then try hiring an amateur and see what u pay in the long run. Thank you Tony. You will be highly recommended for anything with a wire attached.
    Demere wrote: »
    He's my "go-to" guy. Always been happy with him.
    Huntress was Tonys first job as a self employed business man. I think it has been 6 or 7 years now and there has been zero problems. Hard to expect that out of anything on a boat especially when electricity is involved.....and thank god cause I know NOTHING about it

Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    I wanted to take a moment to recognize Tony for doing a great job, quicker than anticipated and under budget. I had him scheduled to come to my storage lot on the north side to install my new Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2, structure scan transducer, and Sirius XM radio/weather antenna. He was there at the agreed upon time and knocked it out. Great service and knowledgable, I'd recommend him to anyone needing marine electronics work done. I can't wait to get offshore to test what the structure scan looks like, thanks again Boattronics!
    twirp wrote: »
    Tony (Boattronics) installed the add a battery system on my boat about a year ago, I have yet to hook a charger up to the two batteries that system is wired to. I have a full stereo system, live wells and Gramin running off of them, as well as the cranking battery. No problems yet....And while I'm at it, Tony fixed all the wiring issuses too. Sometimes I forget to turn the battery off, in years gone by, my battey would be DEAD in a few days. Now, I've left it "on" for a month or so, no problems, fires right up. No more drain on the batteries or whatever is was causing the issues before. I couldn't be happier!
    ReefRocket wrote: »
    Tony knows his stuff. He put a king's battery system in my old reefrocket...it died, I scolded Tony....he fixed it for free (trash under the bielge switch)...he laughed at me. He is still pretty dang good. He doesn't remember it, but he worked on my first little boat when he worked for Dean. Dean showed up one day and I got charged for two technicians...I told Dean to stay home! (not really). but Tony been at this stuff for quiet some time.
    Tony with Boattronics. Seen some amazing pictures of his work.
    Riverlife wrote: »
    x2
    I just had Tony put two digital amps (does not draw much electric) 6 jbl audio speakers and 12 inch sub. Amazing sound, clean installation and it was done in 2 hours....
    Tony (Boatronics) No amazing pictures to speak of, wish I did have a before and after though! He got all my wiring squared away and cleaned up, installed all my batteries, and stereo system among other things. I thought I needed a rewire, he called me back about 30 minutes after dropping the boat off with his professional analysis; no rewire needed, no fuss...Very fast, very friendly and most of all, VERY honest! He kept me in the loop with every step he was taking, explained to me the what's and why's.....and what he would do if it were his own boat. He could have easliy went on with a re-wire, or upsold lot's of extra labor. He isn't that guy, and that's worth more to me than anything. On top of it, he bent over backwards and worked through a storm, and late nights to have my boat back to me the next day. I assured him I didn't need it THAT fast, and I wanted him to work safe, no need to be out in lightening and the such, playing with electricity. He still had my boat back to me the next day....Good guy, great work and in my experiance, excellent one on one customer service!

Thank you all very much for the kind words!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
  • BroughamBrougham Posts: 78 Deckhand
    Tony,

I tried to send you a PM here but it is saying that your account is full. So, I sent you a PM on the MBCforum. It's in regards to replacing my bilge.

Thanks
    Sorry about that, just cleared my box! Ill send ya a pm.

Met "Traveller" The kingfish MASTER the other day, what a cool guy!
    Traveller wrote: »
    Hi All -

This is yet another "Thank you!" to Tony Eden - the man behind Boattronics. He came out to the hotel I am staying at in Mayport this afternoon and installed my new Garmin 547, a Garmin GXM51 antenna, and a new NMEA 2000 electrical system. In the two and a half hours he worked on my boat, he not only installed the electronics I had asked him to install, but he improved every part of the boats wiring he encountered along the way.

By the time he had finished, the entire electrical system was in better shape than when he arrived.

I highly recommend Tony to anyone needing marine electronics work done in NE Florida. His work is truly first rate.
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    ChuckD wrote: »
    I didn't have any issues getting ahold of you and my livewell pump and air pump worked awesome!! Thanks for a job well done, and for coming to the house to get it done!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Haven't had a TM on my boat since I bought a 21' deep-v in 2009. Prior to that I used TMS for the install on my old boat.. think he's over on Blanding and had a great experience.

Recently had Tony do some electronics work on the boat and can confirm all the positive reviews.. great guy, professional work and fair pricing. Cant tell you how many people in the marine industry (and most other trades for that matter) that have gouged me by slipping in an hour of labor here and there. After I met Tony at the house for awhile I left him to do his thing and headed back to work so he had every opportunity to make up this or that 'delay' or unexpected whatever to add to the charges and in fact when I met up with him later to settle up payment it actually was even less than what he originally estimated/quoted. I think that might be the first time in my 20 years of boat ownership that has ever happened. I also want to mention that we originally scheduled the work for Labor Day without realizing it. I work in the hotel biz so holidays don't really exist for me, when I called a couple days out to confirm, we realized it was Labor Day and he said if I need the work done he was gonna be there 100%. We ended up just making it the next day, but the fact that he stuck by his original word meant a lot to me.

I'm currently tossing back and forth the idea of trying to get a TM on my boat... not sure how its gonna work because of bow-waterline issues/shaft length, etc... but if I do decide to go for it, I'm calling Tony first. I'm not knocking TMS in any way, trolling motors are their biz and can also highly recommend them. You cant go wrong either way.

Whatever you decide... you'll be kicking yourself for not getting a TM sooner... they really open up a new world of fishing effectiveness when it comes to creeks, rock, docks and drifting along jetties and banks. I miss having one a lot.
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Nothing but good work from Boattronics, I'm almost 2 years in and still no problems. Very affordable and quick, top notch quality work too.
    One thing I know for sure is that if I ever need any marine electronics done by someone, Tony is at the top of my list. Not only just from my personal experience, but all the great recommendations and shout outs over the years on this forum, plus he contributes a lot of fishing knowledge on here despite being knocked around for it on occasion.

Search old posts for electronics, trailer repair, marine mechanic or boat detailing and there's a few names that come up over and over..there's a good reason for that.
    tony is the man :USA

Thanks guys!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    here goes.So i bought a used 2008 beavertail osprey about a month ago.well two weeks after i got the boat it sat in the garage for a couple weeks before my first ride.Well lets just say the first ride scared the hell out of me and my bro.a little case of mudbutt if you will.The boat came with volvo penta ql trim tabs that were on the fritz.So were cruising at top speed and one tab gets stuck all the way in the down position and the other comes all the way up.needless to say it turned the left tab into an emergency brake so hard left turn which almost through my bro out the boat.i sent a message to boattronics on the forum. I called his number and left a message. Then my phone range within minutes of leaving message it was some guy named Todd.I also received a reply on the forum from Tony.. Well Todd says they were about a month out but he said they would see what they could squeeze in. A few days later Todd says he got me on the to do list maybe 10 days out. They both came by the house to check it out to see what they were getting into.Good deal for me so we plan on changing out the trim tabs to lencos but theres these nasty holes from the previous volvo tabs. "No big deal" says Todd,so he books the fiberglass/gelcoat guy the same day. We also decided to change out the livorsi controls to a standard set that was a little user friendly. Enough of the rant i got brown stuff on my nose by now. Maybe Tony can post pics. It was a tough little job but they came through. Thanks Tony, Todd , and fiberglass guy who i cant think of At this time.

They even threw in some secret fishing spots that no one knows about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!buahaHahaHaaaaa

Thanks Rob!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    kajo wrote: »
    Great job on the uninstall and reinstall of the GPS unit
    And trouble shooting and fixing live well

Thanks!!

Quality job

y9y5y5ev.jpg

dysugyja.jpg
    y9ypuhes.jpg
    2yjymu5y.jpg
    6y3aha4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Called Tony this morning about putting a small stereo on my boat and checking out some other wiring issues. Said he was 3 weeks out but would get with me if something opened up.

Phone rang about an hour later and he said he could knock it out today! Stoked to have some tunes and the other wiring issues resolved after only about 2 hours of his time - thanks bud!

Thanks Bob!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    oneleg wrote: »
    Finally found a great tech for my electronic woes on board Reel Pirate. Been experiencing intermittent problems with my Lowrance system for a while with mounting frustration at finding a good tech to troubleshoot & fix my problems. Such a relief to find Tony from boatronics. He systematically went through the process of finding the problems and fixing them, all while explaining to me how the different components work together. I will definitely use him the next time I have any problems. His partner Todd also did a great job with quickly scheduling me in a busy time of the year. Great job guys!

Thanks capn Diane!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Sea Snake wrote: »
    Well I had been putting it off for too long and finally decided to hire Tony at Boatronics to come and check out my electrical and see about moving my batteries from a wet box to the console, shifting some weight and getting high and dry topside....(I just never liked my batteries buried out of sight out of mind ). Called a little while back and he said his first opening was Jan 27th...I said cool my birthday easy to remember !! Sop I made it my present to myself !!

Also had a lot of unnecessary wiring laying around in the bilge and Tony cleaned all that up for me too, and got my bilge pump float switch back in working order....

Anyhow back to having peace of mind as I head offshore...knowing that my electrical stuff is easy to access, at my feet and high and dry.

Tony did a very nice job....much appreciated !!

Steve

Thanks Steve!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Happy belated B-day Sea Spader!
    Tony does good work!
    Brian

Thanks Brian!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    sydngoose wrote: »
    well..if you want the best, call Tony or Todd. They have worked on my Parker in the past and the work is A1! there is no contest in the NE when it comes to marine electrical or vessel management.

Thanks bud!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    bro schro wrote: »
    I recently posted to the forum for some help on with a through hull transducer. Tony was quick to post up his number and give me some advice thank you so much Tony,and a shoot out to Greg captain's table on this form for sharing his knowledge with me as well. And thank you to the Florida sportsman page.
    Tony is the man there is nobody better in the business!!
    Tony acts like a woman but is the man with electronics!

Thanks yall!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    I knew the right guy would chime in....Just a quick note, my boat had a battery drain on it. If I forgot to turn the battery switch of, the cranking battery was dead in less than a week. I had Tony clean up the wiring while installing my stereo, that drain is non existent now. I don't recommend it, but I have left my switch on for at least a month once, and the boat fired right up. I guess what I'm saying is, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to electronics.

Thanks bud!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    JohnH wrote: »
    Just want to say thanks to Tony. I had some issues with my surface temp readings on the boat so I called Tony to discuss my options. We determined that I needed to replace and relocate the transducer because the one mounted in the bilge was the default source for my depthfinder. I also had a problem with the size if my HDS 7 Gen 2 Touch. I just couldn't see everything I wanted when I split the screen 3 ways so I really wanted a larger screen. I was limited with the space on my console but still wanted the 12" HDS. Tony fixed that too. The installation looks better than new. I'm desperately trying to get out this weekend to check it out if my schedule allows.
    As an additional benefit Tony hooked me up with another guy who was looking for a decent deal on a new depthfinder so I sold the old head unit to save a little cash in the process. All in all everyone is happy.
    I'll offer my endorsement to Tony at Boattronics to anyone thinking about adding or modifying their electranics.

Thanks John!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Badfish wrote: »
    Shout out to Tony, he came by late on a Friday and had my new-to-me GPS installed before my trip today. Great work, great dude. Thanks!

Thanks bud!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    subcreep wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks again Tony for getting my boat up and running, I really appreciate the quality of work! It's nice having working trim tabs again!

Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Just wanted to spread the truth. I talked to Tony about a month ago and let him know the issues I was having as well as the upgrades that I wanted to make. He gave me the specific make and model of all the parts that I would need and kept in touch with me while waiting on the parts to be delivered. One we had the parts in hand we set up the installation date and he was right on time. His work was that of a professional craftsman and he even answered my ignorant electrical questions. I would highly recommend him and he may be looking for a new investment guy :wink. He added an anchor light to the motor cowing, Livorsi led navigation lights to the center console and 2 new 16 feet LED strip lights to the inside to completely pimp out the green lantern. I would post pictures but without proper glasses your retinas would be completely burnt:cool:

Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Demere wrote: »
    Tony's the best. He fixed a bilge pump problem in my boat that was "impossible"- that is till Tony got a hold of it.

Thanks guys!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Flickerjim wrote: »
    Finally got my chance to make an offshore run.. We left this am, and headed east as fast as the Palm Beach would go.. Stopped at MR and fed the Sharks a couple times.. Ran north to AJHole and bumped around finally finding the fish.... Bait was squid, total tally was 1 GreySnapper, 1 ERS, 1 trigger, hand ful of BSB.. All and all fun day.. In by 1pm. So that's when I met Tony from Boattronics at the house.. My Christmas present was a Garmin 74dv.. He was able to hook it up without any snags. Props to Tony for being able to get the job done on short notice, and ended up being cheaper than his quoted install price... DOUBLE SCORE!!!!!!! Thanks!!!

Thanks Jim!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    mlaco wrote: »
    After owning a bunch of 38 Fountains, we switched things up in the summer of 2015 and bought a 390 Seavee. It has been an excellent platform for our fishing and travel, but we really wanted to update the electronics. We shopped and reviewed all of the major players in the industry and decided to go with Simrad equipment and have a local NE Florida company handle the installation, set up, and support. I took care of removing the old equipment, and making an acrylic face plate, and installing the fusion stereo, and mercury key switches, and anxiously awaited the package from Simrad.

Tony Eden Mr. boattronics showed up with boxes of new gear and got to work. We decided that 2 NSS12 EVO 2's would fit the helm perfectly, and we would use the wifi capability to add additional screens in the tower and cockpit. Simrad has an awesome app and interface that allows full control of the system from the Ipad's we use in the remote locations.

We rounded out the system with a 1KW chirp transducer, 6KW Halo radar, gofree wifi adapter, Simrad VHF, 3D structure scan and an amazing auto pilot that is integrated into the system without an additional head. It truly is an amazing system and the ease of operation, and very short learning curve is refreshing. Tony worked very quickly, and the finished product was awesome.

Immediately following the install, we set off to test the equipment. The weather looked good for a trip to the east side of the gulfstream, so we set out in search of yellowfin tuna. The electronics were amazing to use and helped us score some quality fish, in fact the bite was so good, we turned around and went the following week as well!

Here are some pics of the install and the following fishing trips:

IMG_1827_zpszybkcnra.jpg

IMG_1831_zpsbyqr3yda.jpg

IMG_1835_zpsenjsomiw.jpg

IMG_1837_zpskwr3wk21.jpg

IMG_1844_zpsbnayebld.jpg

IMG_1855_zps74dcp0j2.jpg

IMG_1858_zps5kpl3jfh.jpg

IMG_1883_zpsewdzlmtv.jpg

IMG_1868_zpswxb1jmom.jpg

IMG_1911_zpsjzljn7oa.jpg

IMG_1916_zpsophjrq8h.jpg

IMG_1912_zpsgv5kynh9.jpg

IMG_1943_zpska9vzgmc.jpg

Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    Thanks for the props bud! I really enjoyed working on this boat, thank you guys for the opportunity and for letting me tag along offshore!

I got some more pics you might like.....

Helm shots

20160127_183630_zpsoqgwwhey.jpg

20160127_172728_zpsx8qnd9r6.jpg

20160127_172839_zpsqoi6cadu.jpg

20160127_172232_zpsgm9ryg9g.jpg

Console wiring

20160127_173715_zpssiuowb2t.jpg

IPad in the tower. The industrial strength Velcro will not loose it's grip in any sea condition.

20160127_182900_zpsunwuzo8v.jpg

20160127_182910_zpsw1dh2ope.jpg

20160127_182825_zps8ok1bpij.jpg

IPad in the cockpit

20160127_183040_zpshdfs8qzc.jpg

The award winning Halo radar. This radar truly represents a leap forward in technology. It does better using only 25 watts of power, to do what used to take over 6000! They are saying that this radar is built to last a lifetime..... it has no Magnetron to fail and uses solid state and new motor technology. It was incredibly easy to mark and follow birds, and extremely easy to use.

FB_IMG_1453816614042_zpspvebxkxf.jpg

Here is a video I made of our tuna trip!

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?212840-1-30-Offshore-TRULY-EPIC!-10-Blackfin-15-Yellowfin-and-a-wahoo-aboard-Sweat-Equity!

Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    StayinLazy wrote: »
    I just want to give thanks and credit where it is due! I took my Mako bay over to Tony to get some wiring cleaned up and a few issues resolved. I have had quite a few electrical demons haunting me with this boat and I knew it was far beyond my knowledge......enter Boatronics on the MainStage! Long story short, dropped the boat off, explained what was needed and boom, it was done. One of the issues I had been having was the motor not starting on one battery but firing right up on two. Well when I left the boat with Tony I forgot to leave the key like a dummy, so he had no way of testing the starting issue. So when I picked it up late that night and got it home, the next morning I go to start it and it was doing the same thing. After many many many chats back and forth with Tony trying to figure out what it could be, he told me to bring it back and we will figure this out once and for all. I tried a new battery switch, making sure the batteries were good, swapping batteries around, still nothing. I take it to Tony and a few hours later he called and said we've got it figured out and fixed! What a relief that was. So thank you to Tony and the crew at Boatronics for the phone calls, guidance, advice, patience and MOST of all for standing by your word and your work!

My pleasure!
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file