Epic Bloody Sunday 4 E$ and Team MD 20/20(10 /13 on Gaffers 2/3 Sails AND STUD Hoo!)

Had a 1/2 day lined up on my boat Sunday AM for trip with kids.
Wind was HOWLING 20+ at dawn and I did not feel comfortable so i called them to re-schedule.
I heard MD20/20 was rolling out, and they were kind enough to pick me up for the day !! :crowd
Man I was stoked for "work" as the recent weather has put a hurting on guides, captains, dive boats
Total last minute I literally RAN to the dock.
We get up off Lost Tree and it was pretty Snotty. N/NE at 15-20 and 3-5'.(plus)
Got set up and pandemonium break loose with a triple of gaffers and a sail on long kite. :hail
(With just 3 of us on board and 2 kites and 3 flats we had our hands full.)
Gaff the fins, clean release on the the sail. 2 minutes later "whoomp" there it is", another double of dolphin about 15lbs a pop!
Then the most dramatic wind shift I have ever experienced occurred.
Bowed up on a fin and look over to see both kites taking a dive, as wind went to 0MPH for about 5 minutes.
I saved my kite w the Tanacom, but the other took a dip and was retrieved unharmed.:wink
Then wind started HONKING out of the West and then slowly shifted NW then back to N in 155 off Tiara.:huh
In no time we were pushed S of LWI in 200' and it is now 20-25knots and 4-6' PLUS

Shot a quick video of Captain Adrian (aka Bad-***) getting tight in the slop

Put kites back out and a wolfpack of wahoos CLIPPED 2 kite baits CLEAN. I had a flatline upwind
(on a baloon w 20lb test and 40lb fluoro and a circle hook) 10 minutes later Baloon goes streaking across the surface and I get tight!
OMG this fish put on AFTERBURNERS and DUMPED 200+ yards in one BLISTERING run. Then he turned and charged the boat.
Upon strike I called WAHOO, and was STOKED to see lit up stripes under the transom. I prayed the 40lb would hold and fish was barely hooked in corner of mouth. Gaff finds mark and HIGH 5's!! (Hook fell out as fish hit the deck!!)

Set back up and now I have a sail take the balloon and greyhound all the way to boat!
Catch another double of gaffers and ended up with 10 fins, 2/3 on sails and a nice hoo for the "kicker".
Awesome day on the water and I am HUNGRY for work with all the recent weather cancellations.

Please consider E$ if you can ever use a hand putting MORE and BIGGER fish IN the boat!
I can mate, run the boat, good w people and have completed OUPV 6 pack, working towards 100 ton master by Jan1.
Soon I will be promoting E$ Sportfishing trips aboard my 30' Grady White w twin 300 Suzukis.

Little Bob is having grilled hoo , ride pilaf and greens!!
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
emoney991@outlook.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    That's a great day!
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    You da man e$! I bet you couldn't tell how choppy it was in that ride!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    awE$ome job as always Eric!!!

Congrats on the 6-pack...

Sent from my Droid
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    Solid job as always! Congrats on the license
  • BluewaterspearoBluewaterspearo Posts: 123 Officer
    Awesome day Congrats. The wahoo and the phins are in!
  • Slopps08Slopps08 Posts: 1,038 Officer
    That was an awesome day! Congrats!

26' Sailfish! My kid
  • Martin LocalMartin Local Posts: 557 Officer
    lookin' good E. looks too rough for bob
    MartinSig012-1-1.jpg
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,374 Captain
    Hell of a day. Nice work man.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,257 Officer
    It was a GREAT 1/2 day!
    We called it at 11:00 when wind got to 25+
    Little Bob got IN on the action!
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    emoney991@outlook.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angryanglerangryangler Posts: 328 Officer
    Great job! :hail. One of the best offshore reports I've seen in a while!
  • soflah3soflah3 Posts: 589 Officer
    Nice work E :hail
  • Dominic74Dominic74 Posts: 727 Officer
    Nice Job E$ ! That's an epic day in some sporty seas and congrats on your captain license.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,107 Captain
    Congrats on a great day of fishing and thanks for the report!
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • Pain ReliefPain Relief Posts: 45 Greenhorn
    way to go E$! see ya out there soon!
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Great job E$. Can't complain about that 1/2 day
  • Bluewater AnglerBluewater Angler Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Sounds like an great day full of Action!! Awesome pic of the Wahoo all lit up!! :beer
  • Cmart104Cmart104 Posts: 226 Officer
    Those are some sporty seas! I'm sure that boat had no trouble with them though. Decent rig for sure.
  • alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,658 Captain
    Great report. Do you use the balloons to keep the bait away from the boat and the sea anchor?

***THE GUY IN MY AVATAR IS BLAIR WICKSTROM***

• BearmaticBearmatic Posts: 576 Officer
    Looks like Bob is going to have his share of fish for a while, nice catch in the seas slop.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,347 Admiral
    Pretty awesome day E, congrats. Was planning on going out and putting the kites up myself with the boys but had an unexpected trip out of town come up and had to bolt. Sporty always seems-to be fishy for me as we'll
    alacrity wrote: »
    Great report. Do you use the balloons to keep the bait away from the boat and the sea anchor?
    10 4 Alacrity ! Balloon acts just like a bobber and we can send baits well clear of the massive sea anchor. ( 12' para tech)
    emoney991@outlook.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    Nice job money and congrats on the license!
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,040 Captain
    Hey Eric$ looks a little rough out there but you saved the day. Very nice ride how did it take those waves? Was Bob out on a flight on the post?
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
    LET'S GO wrote: »
    Hey Eric$ looks a little rough out there but you saved the day. Very nice ride how did it take those waves? Was Bob out on a flight on the post?
    Bo let me tell you that 40' Sea Hunter is a wave crushing machine. NO WAY I'd have fished my boat!
    Bob was "grounded" by FAA but at least he got a piece of wahoo for diner!
    emoney991@outlook.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedRichRedRich Posts: 241 Deckhand
    E$ on board = fish in the boat!

Great report and congrats.
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Another great day with E$...... And congrats on the license man...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • FRIGATEGEARFRIGATEGEAR Posts: 77 Deckhand
    Good work Capt
    Good work Capt
    Thanks for encouragement. Nice when a plan comes together
    emoney991@outlook.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WIXWIX Posts: 327 Officer
    nice work. little to snotty for us
  • Lori Jo FishingLori Jo Fishing Posts: 666 Officer
    Awesome E$!!! Great haul. Weather's getting cooler, but your still hot.
    And after reading this report that's why i like fishing this time of year. Yeah theres a lot of rough days, but they seem to bite better than when it's calm. At least for us. And you. Lol. Thanks for another great report. Can't wait to get a wahoo like that. Was hoping to get out thurs & friday, but the forecast doesn't look good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file