Florida Sportsman OT BASH 2012 - Party In Rusty's Pasture! Again!

Replies

• magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    I don't know where to start. Well, yes I do . . . with the hospitality of the Rbutt family, not only in hosting the outstanding shin-dig, but by welcoming two old washed up war-dogs into their home. Y'all made Reck and I very comfortable. Much appreciated. :USA
    The caliber of the vittles has already been well documented. I'll just say th_stupid.gif.
    It was great meeting y'all, well worth the 836 mile round trip. Most of my pics are repeats of what's been posted. Here's a few:

Reck and I showed up after dark. Rbutt was about to get the Grillzilla stoked up. That boy knows how to start a fire.
    DSCN0944.jpg

Saturday morning I rolled out of the rack at 0615 and was greeted by this. And so it begins.
    DSCN0951.jpg

Right at daylight, Fishon refreshed the fire. He wanted it blazing good as they towed it a half mile through the woods. What could go wrong? :shrug
    DSCN0949.jpg

Out past the swamp, Rusty-Butt's pasture is a beautiful thang.
    DSCN0953.jpg
    DSCN0952.jpg

Rbutt making sure there was enough wood.
    DSCN0955.jpg

Soon the relaxing began. Reck and Rbutt and Miz Trey in the background.
    DSCN0957.jpg

Shortly after he started eating Fishy Girl's deviled eggs, Swts sent Polar to his room.
    DSCN0967.jpg

With Polar out of the way, BLT tried to put the moves on Swts. Coincidence? I think not.
    DSCN0970.jpg

Toni and Hook trying to catch that little boy cow. Later, Trip Trey and Hook would do unspeakable things to the poor little feller.
    DSCN0960.jpg

Hook's boy getting a drink of ice water. If that energy could be harnessed, Hook would never have another electric bill.
    DSCN0979.jpg

There was some good singing, and there was a lot of bad, really bad, singing. The only good singing was by FishShrimpSnorkel.
    DSCN0972.jpg

I had a great time. Thanks to all y'all who worked so hard to make it happen. :USA
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,638 Admin
    Our most gracious host Rusty with Blue Chigger and his son. Boy was hungry! :grin
    DSC_0394.jpg

The gentleman on the far right is John, aka Fly Hooker. John hooked everyone up some some fine Tequila as well as several other types of "spirits". They were feeling no pain by the end of the night.
    DSC_0396.jpg

That's Dennis, Go Mongo in the middle. It was great meeting you Dennis!
    DSC_0400.jpg
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 Officer
    I don't care where I am or what I'm doing, I WILL BE AT THE NEXT ONE. Awesome thread, it's almost like I was there. Well done everyone!
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • fishonhensonfishonhenson Posts: 4,395 Captain
    every year we say we need to do this more often. lets figure out how to do another in the spring.
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

Member #60928, joined May 11, 2006
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    every year we say we need to do this more often. lets figure out how to do another in the spring.

Great idea!
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 19,975 AG
    I don't know if it was the smoked shrimp or the sausage but I have a nicely earned ring of fire today.
    :BUNNY gestapo

• mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 Officer
    gandrfab wrote: »
    I don't know if it was the smoked shrimp or the sausage but I have a nicely earned ring of fire today.

That actually made me snortle!
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,261 AG
    The buffalo wing dip! although awesome, you dont wanna be near me today!
    what was really cool, that many different people grouped together, with alcohol & not one confrontation occurred, showed the character of the people.
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

The buffalo wing dip, might have helped with the ring of fire.(still well earned and enjoyed)

what was really cool, that many different people grouped together, with alcohol & not one confrontation occurred, showed the character of the people.
    I keep saying nicest bunch of strangers one could ever meet.

Rhonda and I were saying the same thing. There was more than a little alcohol flowing, with more than one that had to be picked up or dropped off.....; yet I never noticed even the beginning of a confrontation.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
    I took gandy out back and whooped his butt
    You know every once in a while you meet someone new and right off the bat you realize that there's something special about that person, something different, something that sets them apart from regular people. I don't really know how to describe it, they have a certain charisma that just radiates from them and kind of hypnotizes you. You could sit and listen to them talk and tell stories for hours on end and it wouldn't even matter what they were talking about and you would just want to hear more.

Well that's Ramblin Reck (Buddy) and Tom, better known as Magot around here. Two very special people. I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to finally meet you Tom and so glad I was able to see you again Buddy.

DSC_0239.jpg
    DSC_0401.jpg

God bless both of you.

:USA
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    Another thing I noticed was kids being kids. They were climbing trees, playing football, running around and having fun. The three boys that wrestled in the sand in front of the barn had a blast.

It's great to see a bunch of kids that can enjoy being outside.
    Polar wrote: »
    I took gandy out back and whooped his butt

I let my oldest girl take care of you, I didn't even break a sweat .

You know every once in a while you meet someone new and right off the bat you realize that there's something special about that person, something different, something that sets them apart from regular people. I don't really know how to describe it, they have a certain charisma that just radiates from them and kind of hypnotizes you. You could sit and listen to them talk and tell stories for hours on end and it wouldn't even matter what they were talking about and you would just want to hear more.

Well that's Ramblin Reck (Buddy) and Tom, better known as Magot around here. Two very special people. I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to finally meet you Tom and so glad I was able to see you again Buddy.

DSC_0239.jpg
    DSC_0401.jpg

God bless both of you.

It was an honor to have them here. Flyhooker brought a little of that Kentucky water over Friday night and we got to listen to a few tales while we got the smoker going!
    Is Flyhooker alive and well today? ;)

DSC_0239.jpg
    DSC_0401.jpg

God bless both of you.

couldn't have said it better myself. they both exceeded my expectations
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

• SwtCheeksSwtCheeks Posts: 1,836 Officer
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed was kids being kids. They were climbing trees, playing football, running around and having fun. The three boys that wrestled in the sand in front of the barn had a blast.

It's great to see a bunch of kids that can enjoy being outside.

Exactly what kids should be doing! They got lots of nice fresh air in their lungs and plenty of exercise......I bet they slept great!!
    “Life is GOOD and I like it that way!
    Is Flyhooker alive and well today? ;)

He was back a daylight Sunday picking up trash. He recovers quickly......
    I saw that, I was shocked!
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    The buffalo wing dip! although awesome, you dont wanna be near me today!

I love that stuff! Linda told me how to make it, but I don't remember. I must have had food poisoning at the time affecting my memory. I'll have to IM Bruce Pound and get refreshed.
    I can only imagine how fast something like that would get defused.
    If something like that did happen.

I saved this pic, a hero & me

DSC_0259.jpg
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

I think the first man out was Joey Buttons.

IMG_6151.jpg
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    I think the first man out was Joey Buttons.

IMG_6151.jpg

that made me lol, sorry Joey
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

Joey, was awfully inquisitive on about my chest hair, and how often I have to shave lol
    he said he doesn't like hairy chests, it tickles his nose when hugging
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

My oldest Threat, #1 son Nick hanging out with Mr McCoy
    DSC_0402.jpg

Don, Bruce and Ben.
    DSC_0405.jpg

hooknline. **** that boy can eat!
    DSC_0406.jpg

Mike and Dawn and behind them is Ol Mucky, Bo, and his family. So great to meet you bud and we need to set up a lobster trip!!
    DSC_0407.jpg

Swts and Bree, Chris and Brian. So glad you two where able to make it! It was really nice to be able to hang out with you guys again.
    DSC_0408.jpg

Donna and Rhonda
    DSC_0409.jpg

Jim Frank and Scott.
    DSC_0410.jpg

Thats Joe, Slops on the left with Marty and Rusty
    DSC_0411.jpg

Everyone enjoying new friends and great food.
    DSC_0412.jpg

Well that's it for the daytime pictures but I have a bunch that were taken after dark that I'll post up here after lunch. Lookin at all this food has made me hungry!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file