LTB: Weimeraner

RRRRRR Posts: 8,218 Officer
We want a male puppy weimeraner.
Good blood lines. Good genes.

We have a blue, and have had 3 weims over the past 20 years.

We are looking for a buddy for our four year old blue
and his two small dog buddies.

We have an acre fenced yard for dogs to run around and play
with inside kenneled nightly keep.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Bruce LBBruce LB Posts: 3,603 Officer
    I love my weimeraners.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 Officer
    I love those dogs - very loyal. How about a Visla instead....or maybe a GSP?
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • RRRRRR Posts: 8,218 Officer
    Our blue weim, Buster, needs a buddy who
    can run him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And you are saying a Visla or a GSP can't?
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,137 Admiral
    Well...... If you want, I will help you research lines and breeders, decipher health clearances on the litter parents and even give opinions on specific litters, sires, dams, etc.

I have been helping Coldair and he has a pup reserved from a breeder I located.

Ask him if he thought I was helpful.....

Let me know if you want help.... Glad to do it if you like....
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    I've never seen a Weimaraner that wasn't bat**** crazy
    And what do you mean when you say Blue?
    Distinct blue is a serious color fault in the breed.

Are you talking about the silver grey color?
  • twirptwirp Posts: 1,118 Officer
    They have blues and greys...they blue is more of a darker grey, they're beautiful. I have a grey and she is NOT bat crazy, very loyal and very layed back. She will run and play, and get the crazy run going for a bit, but thats it. I found mine in the Crystal River area, I'll see if the breeder is still around, she had two pairs of breeders for both blue and grey. Full paper work and details dating back to when she started breeding them. Dallas is almost 7 and she has not had one single health issue to date. She is one hell of a hunter/stalker and listens very well. She is currently sleeping under the covers at the foot of my bed....all 75lbs. of her. Spoiled *** dog....wouldn't have it any other way!
    Pathfinder-Logo-300x103.jpg
    twirp wrote: »
    They have blues and greys...they blue is more of a darker grey, they're beautiful. I have a grey and she is NOT bat crazy, very loyal and very layed back. She will run and play, and get the crazy run going for a bit, but thats it. I found mine in the Crystal River area, I'll see if the breeder is still around, she had two pairs of breeders for both blue and grey. Full paper work and details dating back to when she started breeding them. Dallas is almost 7 and she has not had one single health issue to date. She is one hell of a hunter/stalker and listens very well. She is currently sleeping under the covers at the foot of my bed....all 75lbs. of her. Spoiled *** dog....wouldn't have it any other way!

Coat and Color
    Short, smooth and sleek, solid color, in shades of mouse-gray to silver-gray, usually blending to lighter shades on the head and ears. A small white marking on the chest is permitted, but should be penalized on any other portion of the body. White spots resulting from injury should not be penalized. A distinctly long coat is a disqualification. A distinctly blue or black coat is a disqualification.
    Straight from the breed standard
    http://www.akc.org/breeds/weimaraner/index.cfm

I only bring this up because if you someone starts making inquiries with breeders about a blue weim puppy, they are likely to get less than favorable responses. Breeding against standard is frowned upon by most breeders.
    Keep in mind that better breeders often have waiting lists and screening procedures for puppy buyers. Speaking the correct lingo can be important.

Ironically..... I am showing Merlin today.... Weims have the same ring time in the same ring as ACDs

1:45 PM
    7 - A ustralian Cattle Dogs 0-4-(2-1)16 - Collies (Rough) 5-7-(2-2)5 - R etrievers (Chesapeake Bay) 2-0-(2-1)
    13 - Weimaraners 5-6-(1-1)
  • Bruce LBBruce LB Posts: 3,603 Officer
    I've never seen a Weimaraner that wasn't bat**** crazy
    I have 3. Only one of them is part bat dung crazy.
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,386 Officer
    I love those dogs - very loyal. How about a Visla instead....or maybe a GSP?
    This is our Visla. The best dog I've ever had. She loves everybody.
    The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Yeah, Johnny, help would be appreciated.

Buster, our blue weim, is more of a dark gray.

here he is the day we brought him home when he was 8 weeks old

2.jpg

21.jpg

compare him to Bullet (a true gray / silver) we had about 10 years ago
    he died of a snake bite, good dog that I miss a lot

5.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    here is buster at 8 months

buster.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Okay I will start checking some things out.... I took a look today at the dog show. Just kind of checking them out....

The dog you have now is a mouse gray.... I did not want to sound or come off as anal about the color thing, but if you start asking breeders about a color that is against the breed standard you will shut some doors or at least get off on the wrong foot...
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 Officer
    What do they do when one comes out "blue"? Take out behind the Piggly Wiggly?
    jcbcpa wrote: »
    This is our Visla. The best dog I've ever had. She loves everybody.

Nice Critter you have there.

pupraiser wrote: »

If one did.... Neuter it and place it.....

But blue is not really in the cards... Its just shades of grey
    pupraiser wrote: »

And it is only the Animal righters nuts that do the piggly wiggly thing.... But you knew that already. Tell Ingrid I said hey....
    we got a pup yesterday
    he is a beautiful little guy

big feet and slate blue eyes

very brave, curious, and playful

I'll post some pics in the coming days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file