Florida Sportsman OT BASH 2012 - Party In Rusty's Pasture! Again!

Replies

• Slopps08Slopps08 Posts: 1,038 Officer
    Agreed!

26' Sailfish! My kid
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    SwtCheeks wrote: »
    Yes sir they are.......we've got ourselves some fresh meat!!! The NEW forum HOTDS!!! e5088447.gif

Relay the word to Jennay that i was asking about her
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • awatawat Posts: 450 Officer
    For a spur of the moment decision when I didn't have to work this weekend, I made the right call to drive up to the pasture.
    I had a very good day and it was great to meet all of you who were there, ESPECIALLY Joey Buttons and Popeye. Nothing like I pictured
    in my head!
    Thank you Rusty and family for hosting it, and thanks to all that provided the great eats! I'm still wanting Ribs and bacon shrimp kabbobs!
    Never thought of them before but they are definately on my menu now!
  • Jay GJay G Posts: 703 Officer
    I'm a disapointed I missed this one, it looks like everyone had a great time. Hopefully next time.

Jay
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,657 Admin
    Jay G wrote: »
    I'm a disapointed I missed this one, it looks like everyone had a great time. Hopefully next time.

Jay

You missed s good one Jay and we missed you.

Hey I didn't get back in until late last night but as soon as I get into the office this morning ill post up the rest of the pictures. I'll also update everyone on the great turnout and what we raised for Hospice!

We got some great pictures too so make sure you check back!!
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    Anyone that's been to any of the OT Bashes can attest to the fact that if Don ever decided to retire and get out of the automotive business he could easily start up a restaurant or catering business and would be extremely successful. He really grills and smokes up some of the best BBQ you'll eat and he does a fantastic job of organizing everything when it comes to the food and getting everyone fed. As usual bud you went way out of your way and did a fantastic job. :beer

DSC_0341.jpg
    DSC_0342.jpg

The sausage came from a local place and was smoked to perfection
    DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0358.jpg

The chicken was incredible. Juicy and the flavor was awesome.

DSC_0344.jpg

Now Rusty picked up the pork butts locally and I don't know what they marinaded these in but they were some of the best I've ever had

DSC_0345.jpg
    DSC_0361.jpg

Frank shows up with some beautiful beef ribs and they just came out great. Thank you Frank and you need to share the rub recipe with us. I loved them.
    DSC_0346.jpg
    DSC_0360.jpg

The pork ribs had a little kick to them with the Byrons Butt Rub I used and came out perfect.

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg
    DSC_0359.jpg
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    Really we could have fed everyone twice with just the side dishes that everyone brought. Absolutely incredible food.

I made the mistake of not making some name tags to put in front of the side dishes so everyone would know who brought them. I wont make that mistake next year. Once I post up the pics of the sides, if you know who brought them please post up that info. I know a few but not all.
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    Anyone that's been to any of the OT Bashes can attest to the fact that if Don ever decided to retire and get out of the automotive business he could easily start up a restaurant or catering business and would be extremely successful. He really grills and smokes up some of the best BBQ you'll eat and he does a fantastic job of organizing everything when it comes to the food and getting everyone fed. As usual bud you went way out of your way and did a fantastic job. :beer

Don has no equal when it comes to the smoker!:applause
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,074 Admiral
    I really wish I would have been sober enough to remember to go back for seconds and thirds of that great BBQ! Coleslaw was excellent too!
    Again, I'm not sure who brought these but **** they were good!
    DSC_0355.jpg

We had a couple of different types of Cole Slaw and pasta salads that were out of this world. You guys did a great job.

DSC_0357.jpg
    DSC_0356.jpg

Nancy's red beans and rice

DSC_0351.jpg
    DSC_0352.jpg

Needless to say, there was no shortage of deserts

DSC_0364.jpg
    DSC_0350.jpg
    DSC_0349.jpg
    DSC_0348.jpg

Oh and I didn't get any pictures but 001, Ben, hooked us up with two huge bushels of some of the best oysters that were smoked on Dons grill. They came out fantastic and two bushels went pretty quick. Thank you very much Ben!!
  • fishonhensonfishonhenson Posts: 4,397 Captain
    I have to give mad props to fly hookers coconut cake.

A really big thank you to all that helped, no one person can do all this, without a doubt it is a great group effort. It's really fun watching the people get involved, you can learn a lot of new techniques that way.
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

Member #60928, joined May 11, 2006
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,262 AG
    Mad props to all yall again! Now Im freaking hungry looking at those pictures!
    kodiakzach wrote: »
    I really wish I would have been sober enough to remember to go back for seconds and thirds of that great BBQ! Coleslaw was excellent too!

You did a pretty good job on your first go round Zach. :grin
    DSC_0362.jpg

FishyGirl, Robin, helping out
    DSC_0363.jpg

Gary who brought the outside theater taking a break from football to get something to eat
    DSC_0373.jpg
    You did a pretty good job on your first go round Zach. :grin
    DSC_0362.jpg

It was the coleslaw...... I wondered what got him.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
    that or the pressure of trying to sing next to me. I was definitely flexing the golden pipes saturday.
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

My older, much much older, brother Don sippin his Margarita.
    DSC_0365.jpg

My little brother Frank. Them beef ribs were off the hook Frank!
    DSC_0371.jpg

Some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. BnT, (Brody), Sharkattack, (Jaron), chief osceola, (Joe) and their buddy Tony who was the designated driver. I'm so glad you guys were able to make it, it really was a pleasure to finally meet you. And as you'll see here in a minute, these boys can eat!
    DSC_0372.jpg
    that or the pressure of trying to sing next to me. I was definitely flexing the golden pipes saturday.

Toni and Tori have videos of the singing.....
    I get royalties if they post them, I hope there are some of tori or toni singing (I use that term loosely)
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

I get royalties if they post them, I hope there are some of tori or toni singing (I use that term loosely)

Tori has the singing voice all bad singing voices are compared to......
    By the way, I cannot thank Roger, Fishshrimpsnorkel, enough! Roger is an outstanding musician and provided the entertainment for the bash again this year. You sounded awesome bud and everyone just loved you! Thank you so much for playing and being a part this every year!!! :hail :beer

DSC_0375.jpg
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 19,979 AG

1239156423375.gif
    :BUNNY gestapo

• Capt'n. ChumbucketCapt'n. Chumbucket Posts: 1,366 Officer
    "Anyone that's been to any of the OT Bashes can attest to the fact that if Don ever decided to retire and get out of the automotive business he could easily start up a restaurant or catering business and would be extremely successful. He really grills and smokes up some of the best BBQ you'll eat and he does a fantastic job of organizing everything when it comes to the food and getting everyone fed."

Yes, but can he do Parm Puffs?
    Specializing in poor life choices since 1954.
    looking at the plates, maybe next year we should get platters or McDonalds trays for everyone
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

Frank, did I see you sneakin a pork rib? :wink :grin
    DSC_0376.jpg

This is one of Rusty's neighbors, aka Blue Chigger Joe (Rusty will have to tell you that story, and BigGatorChomp Mike, aka Fluffy.
    DSC_0378.jpg
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,001 AG
    Food looks great and everyone has smiles. looks like a great time. :beer

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,262 AG
    By the way, I cannot thank Roger, Fishshrimpsnorkel, enough! Roger is an outstanding musician and provided the entertainment for the bash again this year. You sounded awesome bud and everyone just loved you! Thank you so much for playing and being a part this every year!!! :hail :beer

DSC_0375.jpg
    Dude jammed his butt off! I had fun singing what ever the heck song that was I butchered with yall
    Polar wrote: »
    Dude jammed his butt off! I had fun singing what ever the heck song that was I butchered with yall

I'm pretty sure is was "Play that funky music, white boy".......
    9Ball Mike and his lovely wife Dawn. They came to the first OT Bash out at my place and we've been friends ever since. Glad you could make it again bud!
    DSC_0379.jpg

This is Rusty's non-huntin, non-fishin brother Marty. :grin Great to see you again Marty!
    DSC_0380.jpg

The wreckin crew finally made it to the food.
    DSC_0381.jpg

Don actually put his Margarita down for a minute to sample some of his cookin and the awesome sides.
    DSC_0382.jpg

Andrew, my littlest Threat, was mad that I was bothering him while he was tryin to eat his Mac and Cheese. Sorry bout that bud.
    DSC_0384.jpg
  • SwtCheeksSwtCheeks Posts: 1,836 Officer
    Polar wrote: »

oh is that what that sound was??? I thought the poor calf was screaming in pain again :rotflmao
    “Life is GOOD and I like it that way!
    The wreckin crew puttin a hurtin on some BBQ
    DSC_0385.jpg

A bunch of happy people enjoying some great weather, awesome food and better company.
    DSC_0383.jpg
    DSC_0386.jpg
    DSC_0388.jpg
    DSC_0389.jpg
    DSC_0390.jpg

The outdoor theater
    DSC_0392.jpg

The camping area. They had a whole little village set up
    DSC_0393.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file