Replies

• treetopflyntreetopflyn Posts: 3,937 Officer
    Why would they want him? There are a lot better choices available. The only thing he has proven is that he can't run an offense without Kellen Moore. I hope they come 2 their senses and he stays right where he is for a long time.

Oh never mind I see he coached there before now it makes sense. Still hope he stays put.
  • BayGatorBayGator Posts: 1,496 Officer
    I hope he stays as well. An OC with a new team going 7-1 in the SEC with multiple come back wins on the road, I will take that any day of the week.
  • RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 6,781 Officer
    Why would they want him? There are a lot better choices available. The only thing he has proven is that he can't run an offense without Kellen Moore. I hope they come 2 their senses and he stays right where he is for a long time.

Oh never mind I see he coached there before now it makes sense. Still hope he stays put.

UK would be making a mistake if they went with him. The concept of being an OC in the SEC and then trying to take on the job as HC. All they have to do is look at Tally to see how poorly that concept worked for them and they get to choose from the best recruits in the country.
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can **** women for free!!!
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    Pease would also be making a HUGE mistake. No coach in the past 25 years has gone to UK and been successful.., in football.

The last one that was somewhat successful, was Fran Curci, former UM QB.
    Ended up badly as well..,
    NCAA sanctions.

If Pease wants to be a head coach, even though he has roots in Lexington, he should wait till Muschamp gets his 1st NC.
    Shouldn't be too long now. :cool
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
    RedBaron wrote: »
    UK would be making a mistake if they went with him. The concept of being an OC in the SEC and then trying to take on the job as HC. All they have to do is look at Tally to see how poorly that concept worked for them and they get to choose from the best recruits in the country.

If they want to beat uf then they will go with Pease, since FSU's HC is 2-0 against uf and about to be 3-0. Only difference would be that FSU's HC ran a top ranked Offense when he was a OC in the SEC. Pease is running a CRAP offense ranked #102 in the Country. Again I hope he stays right where he is.
    [QUOTE=Tumbleweedhe should wait till Muschamp gets his 1st NC.
    Shouldn't be too long now. :cool[/QUOTE]
    :rotflmao That's funny right there I don't care who you are.

STAY ON TOPIC..

AddenDUMB:
    The real 'funny' is how long it'll take the offensive genius in Tallahassee.
    An over abundance of talent.., an un-abundance of brain matter.
    Keep waving the Gatorade towels though....
    Steal HIS calls?

:2funnee
    AddenDUMB:

More with the personal insults.

modalert.jpg
    the offensive genius in Tallahassee.

Yep he has the #7 ranked offense in the country:hail
    I like the guy and the direction he is taking the offense. Yes, it sputters and looks like garbage at times but with the 102nd ranking you would expect that. I don't think the same should be said about a top 10 offense, but it has.
    Wait a second.....when Jimbo was Head Coach in Waiting and running the team with old man Bowden feeding pigeons on the sideline....Jimbo does not have to take responsibility for the poor quality of the team.....not even his pizzpoor offense.

When jimbo is officially Head Coach and the offense if "highly rated".....Jimbo gets crddit for it and NOT his OC.

Oh....I know....everything good now is due to Jimbo.....everything bad is still on Jeff Bowden.
    BayGator wrote: »
    I like the guy and the direction he is taking the offense.

This makes tree happy. I hope your not alone.
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,277 Moderator
    Lay off the thinly veiled insults please. :nono
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
    Yep he has the #7 ranked offense in the country:hail

What will FSU's defense do when they finally play a team with any sort of defense?
    Like I said. 8-1, hopefully close out at 11-1. I'll take it.

He got closer this year than Jimbo who has been building a program for 6 years.
    RedBaron wrote: »
    What will FSU's defense do when they finally play a team with any sort of defense?

Guess we will have to wait until the bowl game to find out since they won't play one until then,
  • dlagatordlagator Posts: 780 Officer
    Guess we will have to wait until the bowl game to find out since they won't play one until then,

These are the comments that make me truly believe that you have no idea what you are talking about....Because UF will BY FAR be the best defense FSU has seen, with a close 2nd going to NC State :rotflmao But I also understand that you love to jab...So I'm sure you don't really believe that.
    Wait again.....UF is raknked higher than FSU in the BCS Polls.......

you are :hail all about FSU's ranked offense yet you now want to ignore UF's ranked defense. So which is it....do rankings mean someething or not? Perhaps you just cant contain your excitement about finally being "back.....next year!....and you mean it......this time.....no really,...next year is the year'.

Besides....I asked what will happen when you actually face any sort of defense? So far, you faced the 3 marching bands. 4 cheerleading squads, and one Glee club.

By the way.....fsu won't be facing a defense in the Bowl game either since they will get the cakewalk to the BCS bowl that comes with being in the AllCreampuffConference.....and then they will be matched up in the bottom of the barrell bowl with a Big East matchup that no one will want to see.
  • OnewolfOnewolf Posts: 655 Officer
    Pease may turn out to be an OK OC in the SEC but his credentials as a HC candidate are really suspect. He was just a 'caretaker' of the existing Boise St offense for one year and he inherited a 4 year starter at QB. The UF offense is basically Dumpster Fire V3.0 but that's not entirely his fault. Hopefully DF V3 will be good enough to beat the Noles in 3 weeks.
    *** Tidewater 2100 Yamaha F150 ***
    *** Native Watercraft Magic 14.5 ***
    *** www.onewolf.org ***
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Why would you want to go to coach UK football , when you would always be second fiddle to UK BASKETBALL. Plus Vandy can beat you.
    PONCE wrote: »
    Why would you want to go to coach UK football , when you would always be second fiddle to UK BASKETBALL. Plus Vandy can beat you.

Probably because with the crappy offense he has put on the field at uf it might be his only shot at a Division 1 HC job he ever gets.
    How many years did Jimbo take to get fsu's offense out of the toilet?....assuming it is out now.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 13,658 AG
    Phillip Fulmer
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    gatormark wrote: »
    What the latest on dumbo

Hmm interesting.

modalert.jpg
    Pease isn't going anywhere.

He's the highest paid assistant coach/ offensive coordinator in the country.
    Pease isn't going anywhere.

He's the highest paid assistant coach/ offensive coordinator in the country.

What waste of $$$$
    #102 ranked offense.
    Time will tell...

We KNOW that's the case in Tallahassee.
    SOME have yet to learn.., but they will, eventually.
    Even you noles won't put up with quality recruiting classes, and failing classes on the field.
    You, yourself, have/has said this.
  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,802 Captain
    It would be bad for UF to have him leave after 1 year. Even if the offense has sputtered this year, it would be an advantage to have some continuity instead of the 4th OC in 4 years.

These kids aren't all that bright to begin with. Another playboook will just set them back farther.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file