WTB Kayak fish bag

IF anyone has an extra fish bag (the type you strap to the bow or tank well) or have one that you don't use I would gladly buy it!

Post here or PM me. I'm located in Plantation, work in Miami so I'm flexible as to traveling.

Tight Lines!
Heroes On the Water
South Florida Chapter Coordinator
https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
>

2013 Hobie Outback

Replies

• LivinthedreamLivinthedream Posts: 207 Officer
    Liquid Surf is right next to the Ft. Lauderdale airport off of HWY 1. They have really nice bags for around $50. Picked one up a few months ago. Keeps ice for a day offshore in the beaming sun. Really nice zipper and they make them in house.
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 791 Officer
    Liquid Surf is right next to the Ft. Lauderdale airport off of HWY 1. They have really nice bags for around $50. Picked one up a few months ago. Keeps ice for a day offshore in the beaming sun. Really nice zipper and they make them in house.

Thats a good price. Thanks I was in the market myself.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Yea, good post - My CFS bag took a crap this weekend - zippers gave out.....kinda wanted something more insulated anyways :) TY
  • SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    Better hurry...they had 1 left after I got one on Sat...call ahead to not waste a trip cause the rest of the store and their service isn't anything to write home about. But, they have a good bag...
  • blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 587 Officer
    or go to kayakfishinggear.com they also have one for about 50-60 bucks and I have had mine for close to a yr now. It's the orange one. Delivery is quite quick too. Nevermind I just checked and are out.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Thats a good price. Thanks I was in the market myself.

Muchas Gracias senor
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    or go to kayakfishinggear.com they also have one for about 50-60 bucks and I have had mine for close to a yr now. It's the orange one. Delivery is quite quick too. Nevermind I just checked and are out.

I just checked the site - 2 bags there - one almost looks double insulated....

<---I need a new bag bad
    Saltysack wrote: »
    Better hurry...they had 1 left after I got one on Sat...call ahead to not waste a trip cause the rest of the store and their service isn't anything to write home about. But, they have a good bag...

Will do - Thanks for the heads up - Actually I called those guys about a Scottys gear head a while back and they had NO IDEA what IWas talking abou lol - I just figured it was a new guy.....lol
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280999900443

Precision Pak makes what looks to be the best - Good Insulation and a removeable pvc liner to keep the inside slime and spine hole free - love that idea :) However in talking to the guy at HOOK1, I learned that Precision Pak, make in China lost its export licensand these bags are impossible to re-stock. Also , a kayaker himself, he mentioned it was the best made bag he had ever seen, to include the popular CFS bags. SO - In doing a search, I found a few on Ebay and a couple on amazon. I ordered a large of course, being the optomist I AM :P

Snatch em up while you can, those that need one !
  • Baxter22Baxter22 Posts: 47 Deckhand
    I got the liquid bag a while back at the store in Miami they had a bunch. Funny about service they are great people but follow up is lacking but nice place to shop
    I actually picked up a liquid surf n sail bag Friday for yesterdays drift as well - Im using it, at least till my Precision pak gets here. I took it out yesterday and really liked how secure I was able to rig it - My last CFS bag was a PIA in the rough surf based on what I had to tie it to ( NO, IM NOT going to drill new holes in the yak for padeyes on a bag that will be replaced every 2 yrs or so ) Another + - Really good reflective finish makes it heat reflective and also aids in visibility - PLENTY of room inside it :) And seemed to keep the 6 water bottles frozen till 11:30 or so. Since I BOW MOUNT mine, I dodnt like to weigh it down a a ton of Ice as is screws w my tracking.......Decent amount of insulation I suppose.

Downside is that the inside liner ( Watertight at least for today - lol ) was made of some type of softer fabric, which may make for a smelly bag later on down the road, possibly...

So far so good, though and I am FAR happier with this bag than the CFS bag I had previously.

- When the Precision Pak gets here I'll do a comparison...
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    Cookinman wrote: »
    I actually picked up a liquid surf n sail bag Friday for yesterdays drift as well - Im using it, at least till my Precision pak gets here. I took it out yesterday and really liked how secure I was able to rig it - My last CFS bag was a PIA in the rough surf based on what I had to tie it to ( NO, IM NOT going to drill new holes in the yak for padeyes on a bag that will be replaced every 2 yrs or so ) Another + - Really good reflective finish makes it heat reflective and also aids in visibility - PLENTY of room inside it :) And seemed to keep the 6 water bottles frozen till 11:30 or so. Since I BOW MOUNT mine, I dodnt like to weigh it down a a ton of Ice as is screws w my tracking.......Decent amount of insulation I suppose.

Downside is that the inside liner ( Watertight at least for today - lol ) was made of some type of softer fabric, which may make for a smelly bag later on down the road, possibly...

So far so good, though and I am FAR happier with this bag than the CFS bag I had previously.

- When the Precision Pak gets here I'll do a comparison...

I have had the liquid surf and sail bag for about a year now. I clean mine after every use with bleach kitchen/bath cleaner and it takes the smell right out. I rinse it well, then let it dry on my patio. It has not effected the color or bag in anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
    Thats great to know - On the Creative Feathers bag, using any chemicals at all broke the bag down a bit....Thanks for the heads up !
    @ Cookinman. What will you do with both bags once the precision gets here?

Which ever turns out to be your favorite I'd gladly take the other off your hands for a fair price. If you plan on keeping both (two kayaks) then by all means I'd love to hear the comparison reports.

Let me know, tight lines!
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    Zimmer - Im not sure yet. Im gonna try em both out and see which Im gonna keep. May end up selling one - not sure yet. Either way they are not too terribly $$ new. The Liquid was like 63 or so and the Precision pak on Ebay new was like 49.....Im likin the design of the Precision but have yet to try it out in the sun....
    Sounds good to me. Tight lines out there!
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    I just got the precision pak and so far it looks to be the better of the 2....Its WAY more padded ( insulated ) but slightly smaller than the Liquid ( which is just HUGE.....)

Not sure when Ill bet to paddle test it, as the HOT weather has passed us, but since they are discontinued, Id recommend picking one up off Ebay or Amazon ASAP. I may just buy a second and store it away somewhere....Yea, it looks that good :)
    Thanks for the awesome, unbiased review. I'll look into that precision pak, what size did you end up with?
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    I ended up w the LARGE.
    Its quite long, AND it comes w an insert as well - Thought it would be thicker, but it will suffice as a way to keep my drinkin water un slimed by my catch....lol All kidding aside - I think the reason Im keeping both is so that over the summer when it gets super hot on the water, Im gonna put the precision inside the liquid bag - since the liquid is bigger. All in all the total $$ was like $40 something on the Precision Pak and like $60 for the Liquid Bag - The total was STILL less than the CFS bag I bought last time either will give double the insulation let alone both on the hottest days offshore....
  • MaLMaL Posts: 176 Officer
    i heard the inner bag gets punctured easily.
    let us know how it goes.
    I may just do 2 layers of mylar thermal bags filled with ice packs inside my center hatch so there's no water to leak out. at least till i get a real bag.

then again for the price of a catch-bag i could replace my crate with a cooler and get a better tackle box for the center hatch on my ride135 and probably some beer.
  • ThundercleeseThundercleese Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Cookinman, was the Precision Pak bag easy to mount to the bow w/o extra hardware?
    Yes, it looks like it would be - but then again I dont know what you have to mount to - With any deck bag, a bowline running in a v down the bow makes it easy. I installedmine on the scupper pro with two screws...easy as pie.

Ive decided to sell my Precision Pak for $43 plus shipping or pickup and no shipping. Its NIB and never used. After dumping the yak on Saturday, Ive got some gear to replace :)

Its a better made bag than the one Im keeping, ...But since its NIB, it will be easier to sell :)

Dont need the extra bag now - lol
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    Yep - Same one.
    Looks like I got my price tags mixed up - Sry bout that - :cookoo

The Liquid Bag, that im keeping was 62.00....so this one I will sell for cost + shipping or cost plus pickup.
    Good catch, thank u!

Edited post....
  • Peter111Peter111 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    I have genuinely a fishing bag in my Kayak when i purchase this it si on the lest bottum side of my Kayak but i was thinkigna day ago to purchase a new Fishing Bag as extra because this is small in size which bag i have in my Kayak...
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,547 Captain
    Peter111 wrote: »
    I have genuinely a fishing bag in my Kayak when i purchase this it si on the lest bottum side of my Kayak but i was thinkigna day ago to purchase a new Fishing Bag as extra because this is small in size which bag i have in my Kayak...

Maybe get a dictionary too.:wink

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file