Wahoo Smackdown! Where it sits...

2»

Replies

• alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,660 Captain
    My phone better ring!

i generally do not fish tournaments unless i am "required" to do so (client).

***THE GUY IN MY AVATAR IS BLAIR WICKSTROM***

• CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,763 Captain
    Alacrity usually doesn't fish these things but he is a hell of a nice guy, good fisherman . I'd love to see him in it but not my call and I won't push him. That being said I hope you can whip up a team and join us... From what I see we have a lot of guys with game eyeballing this thing and i'm thinking the competition is gonna be real tight...
    Few more inquiries coming in but a lot of people sitting on the fence to see how many get in. If everybody did that we'd have nobody. If all those on the fence however come to the "in" side we're good to go with a full house...

For those that are signing up please make sure you ley us know how many shirts of what sizes you need. Also for those that need rooms at the resort those are limited in number so don't get caught short... I published the rates earlier and at those numbers I would expect the rooms, cottages and suite to be gone quick...
    Even girls can do it so whats your excuse? Lets keep the signups rockin!

Wahoo12.jpg
    Quick shout out thanks to Black Bart, Canyongear Lures, Gray Taxidermy, Mitch Roffer, who have come on board to make the prize pile grow! :)
    Slow but sure... Another team.. NetWork has crossed the fence and all the way signed up... 17 on the "in" list...
    Finally we have our site set up with a tab so you can directly sign up!

http://www.biggameclubbimini.com/big-game-tournament.htm
    Another $130 Value bonus to our anglers just got finalized. Roffs will be providing sst and analysis charts to all crews attending the tournament for each fishing day! If you are in, make sure I get your email addresses so the reports can be sent directly to your lap tops ... We will print some out at the office but we prefer that you get it emailed directly to you. These customized charts are a "don't leave home without" thing in many of the tournaments i fish up north and they save a load of fuel down here looking for where the good water edges are!
    We've had a couple drop off the "in" list to schedule conflicts but added a couple new ones that fully signed up so were still sitting around 17 at this time which this far out is pretty good. If you are signed up please drop me a message with your email address so I can forward to Roffs. They will email your sst analysis' directly during the tournament... If you wont have access to computer while there let me know so I can get copy made in office to give to you...
    One off but two more in tonight so were at around 18 right now... Sign ups and reservations at..

I mentioned a while back about the fuel voucher program over there. PLEASE bring a copy of your cruising permit and a fuel receipt to the captains meeting so we can get you that $300 break!

The calcuttas will be run on island CASH ONLY... $3200 across the board or break it down as you wish. Again plan ahead. Cash only on island....
    We will also have a raffle and a 50/50...

If anyone has additional ideas or comments on calcuttas please let us know and if you have something you'ld like to add to the raffle please let us know also...

Calcuttas
    Level A- Over all Daily $500
    Level B- Largest Wahoo Daily $500
    Level C- Over all 50/30/20 Split $500
    Level D-Largest Wahoo 50/30/20 Split $500
    Level E- Over all winner take all $1000
    Dolphin $50, Tuna $50, Most Cudas* $50, Top mate $50

* Cudas will be donated to shark lab...
    Entries continue to trickle in... The "in list " is hanging at 18 but I'm seeing a lot of foot dragging about signing on the dotted line... If the weather goes bad we're not going to force you to come and refunds will be available ... I know how these sign ups go but its all new to management. They're not going to order a mountain of shirts and food based on saying " in" ... I don't want to come up short on anything needed. Its not like we can run to the store or print shop and get caught up quick.
    Please,,, if you are "in" make your reservations or get signed up at the link provided. Heck, just call the island and let them know you intend on coming so we can get a better idea of how much to order.

http://www.biggameclubbimini.com/big...tournament.htm
    Ok word came from the office today... The tee shirt order needs to be made by Oct 30. If you are not signed up by then you will receive a generic tee shirts rather than the official Tournament collectors ones... They are not willing to risk a bunch of cash thats already tight based on saying "I'm in"... I tried hard to get them to make extras but I understand where they are coming from with them being new to the tournament world.
    Word from the island is that bite is on... Again tight lips as to specifics but some real slobs in the mix... I'll be at Hopkins Carter this Saturday and at the Lauderdale Boat Show next week so if you happen to be there swing by and say hello... Questions gladly answered and sign ups on site if you are ready to get off that fence...
    Spent day at Hopkins Carter Sailfish Kickoff tourney... Couple of the in list showed up and registered. Thank you guys.!!!.. Will be back at it tomorrow... Stop by and say hi...

PS... Music was great and food out of this world. Tomorrow they are doing two pigs and two swords!!!
    For those "in" or "on the fence"... Early sign up where you will get the good collectors shirts will end next Monday. That order needs to be placed, printed and shipped to the island.
    We will be at the Lauderdale boat Show in the Bahamas Booth this week... I'll only be there one day or perhaps two but Mike Weber will be on site for the duration...

The boats that have already signed up and the next three will receive a bottle of rum at the captains meeting... :)
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file