What are some good flys for trout and reds

getdagaffgetdagaff Posts: 28 Greenhorn
What are some good flys for trout or reds

Replies

• dunflydunfly Posts: 54 Deckhand
    I like big gurglers for trout. The topwater stricks are dramatic. For subsurface I generally use clousers and schminnows. For redfish but two favorite flies are kwans and toads.
  • MUSKEGON MANMUSKEGON MAN Posts: 51 Deckhand
    Pink over white clousers catch almost everything. Just vary the size. My fishing buddy has taken over 58 different species using that fly. Kinda' takes the fun out of tying.......:banghead
  • Bob1shBob1sh Posts: 43 Deckhand
    Lol yah Clousers for sure, Chart/Pink and white or a black on black.. Both with minimal flash and different sizes find different fish.
  • Blk.FlyGuyBlk.FlyGuy Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Black on black clouser.
    TEAM: Next Generation Anglers
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,175 Captain
    For trout it depends on where you're targeting these fish, and how old they are. Schoolies are opportunists, that don't care what the pattern is just as long as they can fit it in their mouths. The larger females can be pretty clever, and you'll want to put more effort into your approach and your presentation. No fly is too big for a 30" trout. Deer hair sliders and large synthetic baitfish patterns will almost always work if you manage to see them before they see you. Redfish aren't so tough, just keep it simple.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file