10lb Sheaphead

My neighbor Bruce and his little ones, went for a quick trip yesterday afternoon!!! Finishing the last of Dads live shrimp, Ashley hooked into a MONSTER sheephead!!! She was so excited, I heard the story three times while getting the camera ready!! They also caught a bunch of whiting and trout!!! Bruce did a great job putting his kids on fish, and thats what its all about!! Those kids we hooked and ready to go again!!! Hopefully the spot holds for the tourney.... we shall see!!!
DSCN0301_zps833c77b6.jpg

Replies

• SaltwaterMarshSaltwaterMarsh Posts: 266 Officer
  • arunramarunram Posts: 1,628 Officer
    What a beast!

Arun.
  • MJP8251MJP8251 Posts: 105 Officer
    That probably would have won first prize!
  • Kapn SkinnyKapn Skinny Posts: 1,008 Officer
    :thumbsup Spidey sense!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aitkenkingfishaitkenkingfish Posts: 150 Officer
    Awesome fish
  • king 1king 1 Posts: 257 Deckhand
    very nice:thumbsup
  • kajokajo Posts: 4,619 Moderator
    awesome!! love seeing that
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,070 Admiral
    Thats a stud right there! Great job with the family team work!
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • james007james007 Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Thank's for posting the picture Brandon. :) My kids Austin 3,James 6, and the best fishing girl a dad could ever have Ashley 8 caught this 10.
    1 pound sheepshead late Monday from a public dock along with 8 whiting and numerous blues using live shrimp and popping the head and tail off bottom fishing. Thank you so much to the gentleman I believe named Tommy who has a house across from the convenient store at Blount Island and sells fresh shrimp for allowing us to use his scale as Brown's creek fish camp had closed already. My name is Roger but have only met Brandon a few times and I am the worst at remembering names so no worries.lol I have been taking all my kids fishing since they could walk and as many of you know it can be hard keeping track of them as they run around but wouldn't have it any other way as fishing with them is so rewarding and has so many wonderful memories. Thank's again Brandon for posting and Tommy for graciously allowing use of his scale. :)
  • yelowfinnyelowfinn Posts: 97 Deckhand
    That's a monster!! Great catch!!
  • pilingjunkypilingjunky Posts: 2,044 Officer
    Ashley,
    There are guys on here, including me, that have fished for 20 years and never hit the ten pound mark. That's a fish of a lifetime!!!
    Nice job!!!!!!!!
  • TokenToken Posts: 41 Deckhand
    That's a big fish!
  • Joy-SeaJoy-Sea Posts: 37 Deckhand
    Great fish congrats
    Ashley,
    There are guys on here, including me, that have fished for 20 years and never hit the ten pound mark. That's a fish of a lifetime!!!
    Nice job!!!!!!!!
    I think I met you a few weeks ago on the sawpit bridge with your little girl. :)
  • ReeltightReeltight Posts: 204 Deckhand
    Wish I had that fish for the El Cheapo!
  • SnaphappySnaphappy Posts: 1,375 Officer
    Great thread! Reading it put a smile on my face. Good job all the way around.
  • ChippyDieselChippyDiesel Posts: 457 Officer
    Thats a beast! I find it ironic that so many of us drop loads of money into boats with hopes of catching this fish.... and a 10 year old girl fishing from a bridge catches this! lol
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Officer
    Thats a beast! I find it ironic that so many of us drop loads of money into boats with hopes of catching this fish.... and a 10 year old girl fishing from a bridge catches this! lol

With shrimp too!!!
  • knotenoughknotenough Posts: 925 Officer
    AWESOME!!! My son would be happy with a fish HALF that size!!! Amazing!!!!
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,894 Admiral
    :hairraiser
  • MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 345 Deckhand
    Nice Fish.
    “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pond scumpond scum Posts: 118 Deckhand
    Nice fish!
  • ReelSavage89ReelSavage89 Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Sorry Roger, I have no idea where I got bruce from. haha I told you im the worst with names. At least I got Ashley's name right, anyways ya do did an awesome job putting your kids on fish looking forward to fishing with you one day!!
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    congrats that thing is a stud!
  • BadfishBadfish Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Sorry Roger, I have no idea where I got bruce from. haha I told you im the worst with names. At least I got Ashley's name right, anyways ya do did an awesome job putting your kids on fish looking forward to fishing with you one day!!
    I look forward to fishing with you as well Brandon but at 250 lbs. I might sink your spare kayak.lol
    I appreciate all the kind comments and my daughter was already hooked on fishing but even more now. :) She baits her own hook and wants me to let her fillet the fish but will wait on that for a few more years. Some lucky sportsman is going to have a great lady to fish with them one day and not complain about them going unless she is not invited.lol I will also share the location of where she caught it soon as it's a underfished area holding trout,reds,flounder,whiting etc. and hardly anyone is ever there and no boats in sight or kayaks and want others to get in on the action as well. :)
  • bartybbartyb Posts: 69 Deckhand
    Congrats to your daughter! REALLY nice fish!
    james007 wrote: »
    I will also share the location of where she caught it soon as it's a underfished area

Wont be for long :nono
  • KBGKBG Posts: 186 Deckhand
    Thats awesome! Her smile says it all. Great fish.
    The welfare of the state depends on the morals of its citizens.

http://probowsociety.net/wp/

http://www.tbof.org/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file