PENN Defiance

Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
I am looking to get an entry level conventional combo to break into the grouper/snapper game. I like the price point of this combo, and was just hoping for some feedback from anyone with experience using this.

I plan to troll deep diving plugs in 30-40 feet of water ie... Mann Stretch 30's. I also will use it to bottom fish cut and live bait.
The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus

Replies

• Angler ManagemntAngler Managemnt Posts: 1,072 Officer
    I'd go with the squall for that or the Avet mxl. The defiance doesn't handle the bottom too well and the drag won't be firm enough to handle trolling the plugs without steady slipping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.anglermanagementfishing.com
    Check out our Charter Fishing Videos: Click Here

Click Here for the 2017 Annual Seminar Details
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Look around for a 'like new/lightly used' Penn 113HN 'Baja Special' for ~$150-$175 & put it on a ~$75 Ugly Stick XH (Tiger Lite) Jigging Rod & you'll have a ~$250 Combo that will last (almost) forever & handle (almost) anything you'll ever hook...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file