Grouprer Diging with the kids 1/20/2013 CK

With grouper season about to close we got the kids out one last time. Got to the ramp to find it empty on a sunday. Weird. Put in with a stiff 15 knt NE wind. Took our time getting to 60 ft but on the first spot we put 8 nice red grouper in the boat right off the bat. We were having some issues with the anchor holding in the 4 foot seas but after swithcing anchors that problem stopped. We moved around from spot to spot putting another 7 red grouper in the box and some real nice gags back in the water. The wind layed down about mid morning and just glassed out. Finshed the day at the barge catching just short AJ's on every drop on vertical jigs. My youngest son some how managed to put 100 grunts in the box behind our back. Cleaned fish for a solid 3 hours. I some how managed to turn my phone on airplane mode and killed my battery so I was not able to take pics on the water but did snap a few when we got back.

Replies

• Kids Ate My BaitKids Ate My Bait Posts: 1,037 Officer
    Nice job on the groupas!
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

e0855416-db02-4210-a35f-fb932b7f1510_zpsizxn0kmf.jpg
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,708 Captain
    Wow! What a haul Scott! A fine way to say so long to the fire engines till next time! 3hrs of cleaning fish? Bet you had some sore hands afterward!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice Scotty, man that cooler shot is a winner, go fry some fish.
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Thats one heck of a cooler shot. Great job as always.
  • deerflydeerfly Posts: 711 Officer
    Impressive haul for sure, that's a lot of grouper sandwiches and grunt chips too.
    "impossibility cannot be concluded from a sample of failed efforts" - Edsger W. Dijkstra
  • Scott CrownScott Crown Posts: 661 Officer
    I was happy when I opened this 150 qt. igloo. I as not as happy when I open the 100 qt. igloo and it was full of grunts. lol
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,517 Captain
    That is one cooler full of good eating....Hope you had help with the fish cleaning....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,163 Moderator
    I was happy when I opened this 150 qt. igloo. I as not as happy when I open the 100 qt. igloo and it was full of grunts. lol

I know the feeling. You'll be up to your neck in fillets though.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • HechambersHechambers Posts: 66 Deckhand
    Awesome, I haven't graduated to off shore yet, tryn to get some numbers, I have some out of carrabelle I'm probably going to hit up come snapper season. Looks like you know where the groupies are tho, nice haul!
  • redeye76redeye76 Posts: 411 Deckhand
    Nice eats. Kids sure look happy and I expect Pop is also, except maybe for the "clean up" time.
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Officer
    Good job Scott. I hope you bought those boys some nice filet knives for Christmas, they are big enough to clean fish now. (and wash boats)......
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 765 Officer
    Awesome catch.
    Fishin Rod wrote: »
    Good job Scott. I hope you bought those boys some nice filet knives for Christmas, they are big enough to clean fish now. (and wash boats)......

They clean boats, but mama says no to cleaning fish...........for now. Plus were talking grouper. Needs to be done right.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,262 Admiral
    Tell your kid to wear his hat straight, like a caucasian.

Don't you owe me a fillet?
    tankard wrote: »
    Tell your kid to wear his hat straight, like a caucasian.

Don't you owe me a fillet?

He had just woke up from your favorite spot. He's a redneck and proud of it. You know that. lol As far as fillet goes. I don't recall seeing you thoses three hours we were cleaning fish.
  • Go SkinnyGo Skinny Posts: 116 Officer
    Excellent job in the RGs. That is a TON of cleaning but excellent eats. Nicely done
    Fishing is not just a hobby but a lifestyle
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,695 Captain
    Nothing like getting Kids
    on fish Great Job :hail
    :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,262 Admiral
    He had just woke up from your favorite spot. He's a redneck and proud of it. You know that. lol As far as fillet goes. I don't recall seeing you thoses three hours we were cleaning fish.

Ahh smart kid, knows when to catch some quality zzz's on the ride home.

I saw you all from across the street, and there was no room at the cleaning table for me.
  • Slopps08Slopps08 Posts: 1,038 Officer
    Very nice catch!

Tight lines to everybody!
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    those are some big ones, congrats
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,035 Officer
    Capt. Scott score again, offshore this time. Very nice Capt.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file