1-16 out playing

My wife and I fished up around the Salt River today. What a great day in the back country. We casted plastic on 1/8 oz jigs. My wife does not like treble hooks so that was an easy fix. We only got one under size trout but oh boy we landed some nice trout over slot and a Spanish mackerel all in the skinny water. We did have to bring a couple fish home for dinner only because they were eating so hard they swallowed the bait deep.
Captain Bill Boynton

Support Catch and Release

• troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Nice fish there Bill. Looks like a fine day on the water. The offshore was nill yesterday.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • river1river1 Posts: 86 Deckhand
    We did not get the numbers of trout that the four of us old guys got. but still a lot of quality trout and the macks really give a nice fight
    gota love this area..
    Captain Bill Boynton

Support Catch and Release
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,092 Moderator
    The trout are liking the warm weather fo sho.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Great looking fish. Nice and healthy. Thx for the report.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,775 Captain
    Nice job. Sounds like your day was a good one. It was for sure a trout catching day!!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,510 Captain
    Very nice.....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Looks like a pretty nice day out there, that Trout has some serious color happening.
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,035 Officer
    rare to catch those macks back there, but looks like you had a good day
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,694 Captain
    river1 wrote: »
    We did not get the numbers of trout that the four of us old guys got. but still a lot of quality trout and the macks really give a nice fight
    gota love this area..

Hell Captin, had I seen you out there and knew who you were, I'd have followed you around like a puppy dog follows a kid! Looks like you found some Bigunz upriver!! I was pokin around up off the main river for a while to but no macks for me, not even out in the Gulf but the two snukeletz & one pushin keeper size (if we could keep em!) I caught made up fer it!! There sure are some fine lookin spots in that river, maybe too many> They all look good! Like the Groovanator says> I'll be back!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Capt.ZacharyCapt.Zachary Posts: 110 Officer
    Great Trout, I hope this cold weather doesn't shut the bite down completely....
    Fish till your arms fall off.....
  • deerflydeerfly Posts: 711 Officer
    very nice trout and decent mack too. I caught a little mack on fly way up inside porpoise bay couple years back, definitely a surprise to me.
    "impossibility cannot be concluded from a sample of failed efforts" - Edsger W. Dijkstra
  • Kids Ate My BaitKids Ate My Bait Posts: 1,037 Officer
    WTG on the feeshes!
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,059 Captain
    It's more fun when you find them yourself, no? :)
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    Very nice Capt. my lovely and I did pretty good Wednesday over in Kyles back yard as well. Will be posting up soon. Computer issues

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file