Snapper, Grouper, and a few Hogs

Took out the dusky for it's 2nd fishing tripo since being completed. Had an old Navy friend comeover from Lakeland to fish with us and also brought along two of the guides that I have come to know since working at O'Neill's, Capt. Lee Blick and Capt. Craig Weaver. set out about 0800 and headed west. Got out to a snapper spot that has been good to us for the last few trips. Fishing was slow to start but picked up as we moved around the area to find the fish. Capt. Lee boated his 1st ever hook and line hogfish and then so did Capt. Craig. Tim saved the best for last and landed the biggest snapper of the trip just a half an hour before we left for the marina. Overall, 27 Mangos, 2 Hogfish, numerous grunts, scamps, red groupers, big gags, Banded Rudder Fish, and a monster Porgy were caught and some released. The Hogs ate shrimp as well as some of the Mangos. The Mangos also took a liking to pinfish and sardines.

• Mako224Mako224 Posts: 422 Deckhand
    Great report and pics. That is great looking hog fish. Wish I had some numbers that produced 27 mangos at a pop!!!:fishing I have read your build thread a few times and very impressed with the craftsmanship put into it. I am glad to see you out putting some thuds on the dock with those full fish boxes
  • Bottomfinder#1Bottomfinder#1 Posts: 1,021 Officer
    Strong work. Its my favorite thing to go do now. Get 10 dozen shrimp and get some hogs and mangos:fishing
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 2,867 Moderator
    Wow, outstanding snapper catch and some hogs to boot, great job.
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,558 Officer
    Fat **** Porgy.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 300 Deckhand
    Navy personnel who can catch fish! Who woulda thunk it possible? Great catch guys!
  • jewfish7jewfish7 Posts: 517 Officer
    Excellent trip and deep were you fishing?
  • Navy_FishingNavy_Fishing Posts: 811 Officer
    jewfish7 wrote: »
    Excellent trip and deep were you fishing?

Around 80 foot or so Almost due west of PAG
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 2,867 Moderator
    Front page...WTG!
  • Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
    Nice work!
    The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus
  • flatsrunnaflatsrunna Posts: 524 Officer
    Captain Anthony Leverett of Kingdom Business Charter's.
  • releasegearreleasegear Posts: 660 Officer
    great report and nice photos - good job with the camera!

Mike Wilhite - Fisherman/President

Born Offshore Gear

'Performance Fishing Apparel'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file