Where's the bait???

Ft Pierce inlet, St Lucie inlet, Jupiter inlet, Lake Worth inlet, Boynton Beach inlet, or Boca inlet....

Doesn't matter where you fish from, let us know where you found the bait, whether inshore or offshore. If we have enough members helping members, this could be a useful resource, especially in the winter when bait is scarce.

Please post details such as which inlet, what time, day and bait. Would be awesome if you're wiling to share what you caught it on also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public

Replies

• SpoonmanSpoonman Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Glass minnows were everywhere in the Manatee Pocket on Thursday. I was getting nice blue runners out at Pecks lake with a Docs Goofy jig, yellow and on green. just let it go to the bottom and a few jigs and you are on.
    Low Sea's, High Tides, Fish On
  • gradydavegradydave Posts: 90 Deckhand
    For those of us who don't live locally, some info on the actual site,i.e. L/L numbers, would be very useful as well. For example, I have read alot about a place called the NE spot and another one called shrimpers, both out of SLI I believe. I would love to know where these spots are as I fish out of FP and SLI when I come over from Tampa.

Capt. David Yates
    28 Grady White Sailfish
    Must Be Dreamin'
  • No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    Good idea Long! ;)

12/16- Plenty of runners North of Jupiter today on the middle rock pile. Perfect little candy sized ones...
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,779 Moderator
    Good idea Long! ;)

12/16- Plenty of runners North of Jupiter today on the middle rock pile. Perfect little candy sized ones...

Your thread gave me the idea Colton. Can't wait to get back out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer
    Lot's of mullet between the causeway's in F.P. just follow the pelicans.
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame
  • WIXWIX Posts: 327 Officer
    gradydave wrote: »
    For those of us who don't live locally, some info on the actual site,i.e. L/L numbers, would be very useful as well. For example, I have read alot about a place called the NE spot and another one called shrimpers, both out of SLI I believe. I would love to know where these spots are as I fish out of FP and SLI when I come over from Tampa.

Capt. David Yates
    28 Grady White Sailfish
    Must Be Dreamin'

http://www.martinreefs.com/
    Capt. David check out this site
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    On the frozen side, the Calcutta Sardines in the yellow box have been horrible, frozen in water (difficult to pull off) very soggy, and honestly, 2 out of 10 have been stepped on during processing... I saw the Capt'n Salty in Publix, crazy, but I grabbed several boxes
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • RondoRondo Posts: 761 Officer
    lots of runners mixed in with spanish at Pecks Lake, fished outside the fleet with shrimp, a little chum brings them up.
    Anything happening at the SLI buoys, bullshark or NE spot? May cut out a couple of hours early tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jayseasjayseas Posts: 811 Officer
    Bull shark had small runners. Doc or shrimp jig worked.
    jayseas wrote: »
    Bull shark had small runners. Doc or shrimp jig worked.

Thanks! I'll try tomorrow if no mullet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hefe'Hefe' Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    We'll be out Thursday in a 36' Topaz (7th Day). Shout on 73 if we find bait. Any rumor to some Cobia being caught?
    Didn't try but there wasn't anyone in those areas when I left the inlet today. Funny though, talked to a guy from Naples the other day and he said there were greenies all over over there, go figure...........
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Long, the Tequesta Publix had Capt'n Salty for $10.99, will try them tomorrow... but I head that the rocks (old bridge rubble) NE of Jupiter Inlet has been holding gogs, so I'm going to try that tomorrow as well..
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • gradydavegradydave Posts: 90 Deckhand
    WIX wrote: »
    http://www.martinreefs.com/
    Capt. David check out this site
    Thanks, that's a big help. Can I assume that the NE spot is the Donaldson reef area NE of the SLI?
    gradydave wrote: »
    Thanks, that's a big help. Can I assume that the NE spot is the Donaldson reef area NE of the SLI?

I don't think it's quite that far. It's in 35-40ft of water from what I remember directly NE of the inlet. When the bait are in, just head for the pod of boats... Didn't fish, was just checking the weather. Let them free at the boat ramp.

Got 2 nice sized runners at the red buoy today. They broke off a couple of hooks, so you may want to use something bigger than size 4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• juniorbaiterjuniorbaiter Posts: 139 Officer
    Thursday 12/20 There were blue runners and grunts at the sandpile caught on sabikis.
  • Nearshore1Nearshore1 Posts: 83 Deckhand
    Hey guys,

Headed out tm am w the by brothers down from GA and my dad. Hoping to get some live bait and search for cobia. Anybody find any out of SLI or mullet on the inside? Any help would be great!

Happy Holidays!!!
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,502 Captain
    No mullet in the pocket. Found bait (6" Blue Runners and Cobia Candy) on the yellow buoys south of Bullshark. Cobia in 100ft off the Loran Tower on the color change. Look for the birds and Good Luck...
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
    Alwaysforward,

Thanks for the early tip and all your reports. You're always a help no pun intended

Nearahore
  • nick cnick c Posts: 182 Officer
    I have gogs for sale in boca if anyone is heading out this week.
    Anyone fish today (Thursday)? Looking for a bait report for tomorrow.

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • Jupiter SailsJupiter Sails Posts: 180 Officer
    Runners are all over the reefs off the Breakers in PB. Caught about 4 dozen by just anchoring and chumming with #6 sabikis
    2016 32ST Contender, Merc 350s
  • Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,632 Admiral
    nick c wrote: »
    I have gogs for sale in boca if anyone is heading out this week.

Nick, can you pm a contact number?
    Large Runners holding on the red buoy just outside the SLI. Small runners/bar Jacks on the yellow buoys south of Bullshark and Cigar minnows & medium size runners on Shrimpers. Hope this helps someone :fishing

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • Change ordersChange orders Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Are there any bait reports for in Jupiter/palm beach ?
    Runners on the bait rocks and green roofs out of Jupiter inlet. Not thick but they're there
  • Hooked UpHooked Up Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    I'm across from the power plant. Lots of 4-5 " thread fins and some menhaden as well as small mullet. Jumped 2 tarpon last week off my dock.
  • Jupiter SailsJupiter Sails Posts: 180 Officer
    Are there any bait reports for in Jupiter/palm beach ?

Anchor up off of the breakers reefs in 25-30 feet of water. You'll have plenty of runners around the boat as long as you chum them up.
    2016 32ST Contender, Merc 350s
    I will be out to the Bullshark and Sandpile thursday, love to get some cigars, I,ll report on whats there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file