Florida Insider Fishing Report

Anyone notice how when they do the east/northeast fishing report and talk about seabass they are showing striped seabass and not the typical ones we catch down here? How am I suppose to give this show credibility?
"He who hoots with the owls at night will not soar with the eagles at dawn"
buckpic.jpg" tuna.jpg th_turkey1-1.jpg

Replies

• ShallowMinded31ShallowMinded31 Posts: 113 Officer
    NVM....
    Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,208 AG
    Honestly, I just don't see very much usefullness in the TV reports. I DVR them..then fast forward thru the junk so I boil it down to a 5 minute sound bite...Sorry Rick Murphy. I do like the eye candy....I have a thing for spicy latino girls! Anyway, unless you are very new to fishing....Or you need someone to pump you up to go I just don't see much there. Same can be said for FS's "action spotter" too. Fish are creatures of habit and pattern.....they are, generally speaking, in the same spots at the same time every year.....that's why they can write a magazine "report" a month or more in advance.....

Besides, Other than weather....would you not go fishing on your weekend off because some guide says the bite was slow? .....this is nearly always old and second hand news anyway..... the only way to know if fish are biting...is to go!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Day TripperDay Tripper Posts: 505 Officer
    I watch the east central report and the new products, always good stuff they show for that part. The rest I FF through.
    I watch the east central report and the new products, always good stuff they show for that part. The rest I FF through.

I like Dave Farrel (sp)....the gear part is good to see all the stuff I can't afford! LOL
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • seachasseachas Posts: 66 Deckhand
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Honestly, I just don't see very much usefullness in the TV reports. I DVR them..then fast forward thru the junk so I boil it down to a 5 minute sound bite...Sorry Rick Murphy. I do like the eye candy....I have a thing for spicy latino girls! Anyway, unless you are very new to fishing....Or you need someone to pump you up to go I just don't see much there. Same can be said for FS's "action spotter" too. Fish are creatures of habit and pattern.....they are, generally speaking, in the same spots at the same time every year.....that's why they can write a magazine "report" a month or more in advance.....

Besides, Other than weather....would you not go fishing on your weekend off because some guide says the bite was slow? .....this is nearly always old and second hand news anyway..... the only way to know if fish are biting...is to go!

what he said
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,658 Officer
    I agree. I dvr it and FF most of it but do watch the new products showcase with Dave Ferrell. He is more enteraining then "pumped Up" Rick Murphy
  • CaptBlazeCaptBlaze Posts: 96 Deckhand
    :hail Mmmm Toni......
  • awFSUducksawFSUducks Posts: 255 Officer
    does anyone else think its funny that the regional captains call in and say there is a hot dolphin bite offshore in 120ft of water and the trout bite inshore is really good. and then when rick murphy reads off the region's "hot spots" he says there is a great swordfish bite in 1200 feet and the reds are hitting artificials in 2 foot depths inshore
    CaptBlaze wrote: »
    :hail Mmmm Toni......

I agree......I can take a little dose of "hot and spicy" latina...I'd like to see that in 8" heels and a Brazilian thong!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,658 Officer
    duckman. 8" heels.now that's what I call F.M.Pumps.That would make her about 6'5"grin
    duckman. 8" heels.now that's what I call F.M.Pumps.That would make her about 6'5"grin

Well, since I'm 5'8" it would put me in a nice neighborhood...don't you agree...LOL!!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • CaptBlazeCaptBlaze Posts: 96 Deckhand
    :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree :Agree
  • holymackerelholymackerel Posts: 232 Officer
    it is pretty funny how it works that way.:confused:
  • hodgie2411hodgie2411 Posts: 244 Officer
    I think Toni in a Bikini doing the whole show would really improve ratings!!!!
    Yeah, lets all write in and tell them ditch Rick Murphy and give us Toni in a thong and spike heels....No more DVR and fast forward for me!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • reelcheckreelcheck Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    OK maybe I'm missing something BUT...they highlight a particular species both as a focus for the show AND the topic the various guides speak about. However, when they do the summaries they don't even mention the "target" species. I quit watching when it was on before, tuned in to see what might have changed for the better and quit watching it now. I've met Rick...nice enough guy... has a good gig going so I say hoorah Rick.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    I just cant figure it out, Is Rick Murphy a nice guy or is he full of himself confused0006.gif
  • EricLEricL Posts: 322 Officer
    full of roids
    Who cares abput Rick? IDC if he's the salt of the earth or a total toolbag.....He's just another guy who goes fishing.
    It's Toni that I care about.....and the G-string and 8" pumps.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Redfish ChuckRedfish Chuck Posts: 107 Officer
    I think you guys need to get out more.... I think it's funny how Rick Smurfy always puts a hand on Toni and seems to slide closer and closer to her each week. She really isn't that hot, I would give her a 5 1/2 on a scale from 1-10
  • HicatchfishHicatchfish Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Who cares abput Rick? IDC if he's the salt of the earth or a total toolbag.....He's just another guy who goes fishing.
    It's Toni that I care about.....and the G-string and 8" pumps.

This thread is useless without pics....toni_gonzalez_wide.jpg
    She really isn't that hot, I would give her a 5 1/2 on a scale from 1-10

Yeah.... hardly worth *YOUR* time stud..LOL!!!!

leave her to the old guys with bad eyesight....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
    The reason I quit watching is why you guys love it....funny. Toni is an insult to woman who fish and actually know what they are doing. When they showed her a live shrimp and she squilled, I was done and tuned out. They could easily have someone like Robin Carpenter (Jim Ross's girl) or Cpt. Crystal Murry on there - they both look good and could fish many men under the table.
    "America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 879 Officer
    I think you guys need to get out more.... I think it's funny how Rick Smurfy always puts a hand on Toni and seems to slide closer and closer to her each week. She really isn't that hot, I would give her a 5 1/2 on a scale from 1-10

C'mon man she is definitely more than a 5.5! I mean we are comparing to "average" women, right? Out of TV personalities she might be a 5.5, but as far as regular girls in my area she is more like a 8-8.5 for sure. Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Capt. Tyler VollmerCapt. Tyler Vollmer Posts: 414 Officer
    It's all about T&A in that line of work and sex still sells. Same rules apply to radio. I can't listen to the radio anymore without hearing "**** rock, beer, and cleavage"! :huh What the hell does that have to do with music, especially if I can't see the beer and cleavage!
    FishyGirl wrote: »
    The reason I quit watching is why you guys love it....funny. Toni is an insult to woman who fish and actually know what they are doing. When they showed her a live shrimp and she squilled, I was done and tuned out. They could easily have someone like Robin Carpenter (Jim Ross's girl) or Cpt. Crystal Murry on there - they both look good and could fish many men under the table.

Oh come on! an insult?...She's trying...cut her a little slack.

I like looking at young ladies in Tee backs and high heels... Red blooded American male here. Are there "more qualified" fisherwomen out there?...Undoubtedly yes..... Will they dress up in a thonger with heels? .....if so, I'm watchin'!!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • ShallowMinded31ShallowMinded31 Posts: 113 Officer
    T&A
    beer and cleavage!

i'm listening...
    Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
  • optimistic Angleroptimistic Angler Posts: 531 Officer
    FishyGirl wrote: »

That's sexual discrimination, Toni replaced Whit Watson and he was even more squeamish then she is. That job is to produce the show. They call it driving the bus and they say they can't do it with out someone that can drive the bus.
    That's sexual discrimination, Toni replaced Whit Watson and he was even more squeamish then she is. That job is to produce the show. They call it driving the bus and they say they can't do it with out someone that can drive the bus.

Whit didn't know anything about fishing either...

If Toni is the "bus driver"...she can blow my horn anytime! LOL!!!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    It's all about T&A in that line of work and sex still sells. Same rules apply to radio. I can't listen to the radio anymore without hearing "**** rock, beer, and cleavage"! :huh What the hell does that have to do with music, especially if I can't see the beer and cleavage!

who honestly listens to the radio anymore anyways?
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file