Frog Gigging!

Hey guys, was interested in learning about frog gigging. Anyone know where and when you can go? What about equipment? Any and all information welcome.

Replies

• Comanche-pupComanche-pup Posts: 245 Officer
    Go to southernairboat.com and post this same question, you will get more info then you ever dreamed
  • screamin seamanscreamin seaman Posts: 1,492 Officer
    Go to southernairboat.com and post this same question, you will get more info then you ever dreamed

I was just about to respond the exact same as you!
    Signature
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,791 AG
    Winter is not the time to gig frogs.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • cracker4112cracker4112 Posts: 601 Officer
    micci_man wrote: »

It sure can be in south Florida...nighttime low above 65* and you're in business.
  • Comanche-pupComanche-pup Posts: 245 Officer

That's when they are the largest, but like he said about 65 is it
  • Oldfox1939Oldfox1939 Posts: 521 Officer
    Caught a lot of frogs as a kid with a cane pole, about 3-4 foot of line and a trebble hook with feathers.

Just dangle that feather hook down towards his head and he's yours......sapp.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,791 AG
    It sure can be in south Florida...nighttime low above 65* and you're in business.

I'm used to the winters in N Fl and wasn't thinking about S Fl.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • cracker4112cracker4112 Posts: 601 Officer
    I'm used to the winters in N Fl and wasn't thinking about S Fl.

I hear ya Micci, its a big state! We have the airboats keep us awake all night long frogging during duck season down there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file