34 Inch Snook caught @ Blind Pass-Sanibel Island (Vac Pic Intense) 10-28-12

We just got back from a week long trip down in Sanibel Island , awesome and gorgeous place to relax, do some fishing and enjoy the fine eatery's and drink some beer, ( Most establishments had some sort of Live entertaiment). Fishing from the surf was very slow and a little disappointing for this time of year , so we headed down to Blind Pass in Captiva to hang out. The fish were more active down there with average size 20 to 24 inch Snook being caught along with some Black Drum off the bridge along with a assortment of other fish. There were a ton of mullet and white bait running the shoreline at BP so the cast net came in very handy. As soon as the tide turned and started heading out I landed this big 34 inch Snook which made my trip. I threw in alot of Pics, thought I would share them with you guys, hope you enjoy. Only thing missing were Bran, Steph & Bo. Always good to get back to the Big Bend. :USA

P1040633.jpg
34 inch Snook taken down at Blind Pass-Released
P1040635.jpg
P1040636.jpg
Bridge at Blind Pass
P1040637.jpg
P1040640.jpg
Fished from this shoreline most of the time
P1040641.jpg
P1040652.jpg
LightHouse at the South end of Sanibel built in 1884, used to be surrounded by trees but Hurricane Charley took care of that
20121021_193206.jpg
My daughter Corri and Son-in-Law Matt
P1040645.jpgP1040644.jpgP1040650.jpg20121021_104118.jpg
Scooters and Bicycles were the top choice of transportation
20121021_103948.jpgP1040603.jpg
Corri and Matt in Captiva
P1120128.jpg
My dog Ramsey-dogs are allowed on the beach with a leash
P1120059.jpg
Ramsey and Riley
P1040622.jpg
20121021_110008.jpg
The coastal landscaping was second to none
P1040624.jpg
P1040601.jpg
Bee colony
P1040625.jpg
P1040612.jpg
Eats from RC Otters
P1040608.jpg
Looking North towards Boca Grande
P1040619.jpg
P1040598.jpg
P1040653.jpg
P1040597.jpg
P1040629.jpg
P1040631.jpg
P1040655.jpg
SunSet

Replies

• Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 787 Officer
    Looks like a great vacation.... thanks for sharing. Congrats on the Snook.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,614 Captain
    Awesome Ponce...sounds like it was a great time. The snook was icing on the cake.

I've visited there and it is a pretty cool area.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Cool vacation pics. Nice fish too. WTG mang!
  • Liquid TheropyLiquid Theropy Posts: 608 Officer
    Nice little snook!! Beautiful area of Florida. Can't beat the views and fishing! WTG!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AKA Flatheadcat
  • Kids Ate My BaitKids Ate My Bait Posts: 1,037 Officer
    Nice pics and trip Ponce. Looks like you had a good time. Love that snook :hail
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

e0855416-db02-4210-a35f-fb932b7f1510_zpsizxn0kmf.jpg
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Sounds and looks like a great place to visit Ponce. Nice snook! Thanks for sharing.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,517 Captain
    Great looking Snook...:Rockon
    How was the no see ums at the pass? During the summer months they can tote a person off...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Redbonz wrote: »
    Great looking Snook...:Rockon
    How was the no see ums at the pass? During the summer months they can tote a person off...

Thanks guys, the noseeums were pesky the first day then they went away and never had another problem.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,708 Captain
    Almost like driving to the Bahamas ain't it Ponce? Spend lots of time down that way way back when and still love to go out there when I'm down visiting my Fam!! So glad you got Yer Snuke in the Infamous Blind Pass! Yer lucky on the No-see-ums as they can flat carry you away some days! Looks like You got Yer well deserved Blast down Yonder! Next time bring Yer boat w/ Ya!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 765 Officer
    You had a great vacation. Nice catch
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 Officer
    The lighthouse is on the east end. :wink

Glad you had a good time.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • csanderscsanders Posts: 471 Officer
    Awesome pics Ponce... Thanks for sharing. You guys really know how to do it right!
    The lighthouse is on the east end. :wink

Glad you had a good time.

Gary you are right on-somebody had to take care of this rookie :grin

csanders wrote: »
    Awesome pics Ponce... Thanks for sharing. You guys really know how to do it right!

CS, sometimes I just have to get away and what better place to do that than Garys playground :hail
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    csanders wrote: »
    You guys really know how to do it right!

They dam sure do, CS. I think this 'un takes the cake though.

Beautiful pics, BBC.
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    awesome snook, kevin. :cool
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Officer
    **** it looks like you guys were miserable down there.:blowkiss Great snook Ponce.
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • CatfishCatfish Posts: 527 Officer
    Wish we could've made it down. Gotta save a little money with the new addition on his way. Looks like a good time as usual. I'm glad you found a good sized snooker in there.
  • InshoreSlamInshoreSlam Posts: 111 Officer
    Ponce, glad to see you did good down here! Great pictures also...looks like a nice relaxing time! Let me know next time you come down and ill take you out on the boat and show you some areas... I havent been out in a couple weeks due to this terrible wind! Hopefully this weekend. By the way.. nice hat! GO GATORS. Im still recovering from the terrible georgia loss!!
    Ponce, glad to see you did good down here! Great pictures also...looks like a nice relaxing time! Let me know next time you come down and ill take you out on the boat and show you some areas... I havent been out in a couple weeks due to this terrible wind! Hopefully this weekend. By the way.. nice hat! GO GATORS. Im still recovering from the terrible georgia loss!!

Thanks AJ for all the good advice on the area. beautiful place you got down there, I might take you up on that the next time I`m down that way :applause
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    Nice line sider Kevin and great pics, thanks for sharing. I love it down there
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,035 Officer
    good stuff for sure, and thanks for sharing. The beach bite seems to be hot in the early spring late summer from what i remember, but the fishery is always good down there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file