New Kayak: Now I'm Really Hooked!

It looks like my love for kayak fishing has finally become an addiction. After becoming the proud new owner of a Wilderness Systems 14 Commander a few weeks back, I have been trying and trying to get on the water. Busy schedule it seems. Finally, about a week ago, I was able to put her on top of the Jeep and head out in search of some reds that had been (and still are) my mind for quite some time.

I have been finding some redfish pushing water and occasionally tailing, a pleasant surprise for me. The last new years I have fished hard around the St. Lucie and this is the first year I have consistently found the reds. I have fished them in my buddies skiff, but nothing was quite like standing up in the kayak, as silent as can be, and pitching to a fish just a cast away.

I have been out there a couple times in the past week and done fairly well. No pictures of me here, they are on a buddies camera, hopefully will get them soon. Been fishing with a couple different groups of people, all of which make the experience that much better. I think I have even made a couple believers in kayak fishing. I hope to be posting here quite often. Here are some pictures, enjoy!

Couple guys that I think are now officially hooked too. Damon on the left, Brian on the right.

My Jeep loaded up!

Mark with a release! Many of you may know Mark from his blog.

Safely released.

The rig!

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,211 Moderator
    Nice and welcome to the NMZ!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • jvanpeltjvanpelt Posts: 410 Officer
    My name is Jim and I also have a kayak fishing addicition. Welcome to the program.
    :USA:fishing
  • ChobeeboysChobeeboys Posts: 417 Officer
    My WS Ride 135 i just got may lead to my downfall, oh well at least I am highly trained at eating MRE's
    Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
    Ned Dolan
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,618 Captain
    Now that you are hooked, there is no turning back. Keep the post comming.
  • HookMeUpHookMeUp Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    :mad

Looking forward to fishing that same area next week...

JR
  • Welcome to the nmz I know the feeling of being hooked lol
  • FS ChrisFS Chris Posts: 51 Deckhand
    Thanks guys! Glad to be back. Many know me in the Southeast forum as "NoSlack". Without a boat the last year or so, I have found a new love in kayaking. Most importantly, I'm saving loads of dough in gas money!
  • levosgienlevosgien Posts: 164 Officer
    Nice report, nice CJ
  • blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 587 Officer
    I too am hooked and would much rather be in my kayak vs. a boat! While in my kayak I have just about no boundaries. The deep blue water of the Atlantic is what I consider my recliner! Welcome to NMZ!
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Now that you are hooked, there is no turning back. Keep the post comming.

^^ yep, yep - Welcome to your newest addiction :)
  • summer dazesummer daze Posts: 883 Officer
    Hi my name is Rick, I've been addicted for about 8 years now and I'm not looking to be cured !! It's funny, since I purchased my new PA12 ( about 1 month ago ), my 22' Pathfinder has NOT seen the water...
    jgocnk.jpg
    Tight Lines..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file