Flamingo: Thunder, Rains, Bugs> Just bring it!

The weather has been scattered rains, and winds I guess due to hurricane season. Also the bug levels are very high, and the roads are being work on which means delays once your inside the Everglades National Park (49 Miles from start to boat ramp).
The water is cloudy due to the mix of fresh water into salt on the front side, and dark red tea color on the back side, and light cloudy green in some parts. The heat is pretty bad on some days, and there is a nice mix of thunder storms. I have started to see more Crocs around moving and lurking, and the gators way to friendly for my taste.
I been using loud colors on the flats, and dark colors in deeper waters. Snook seem to be on the flats feeding with the Red’s, and Sea Trout’s. We had to move around to find them, or sit back and hold for an area to start working. The Red’s have been spooky! I have seen some very large Red’s, but they are very smart.
Well here are some shots:

Picture449-1.jpg
newroman5185.jpg
fishing002workon.jpg
Lady Fish:LOL
IMG_0836.jpg
290826_161844053894876_100002078474741_309070_4003827workon.jpg
9-1.jpg
Kirk with a Snook
IMG_8452.jpg
IMG_3129.jpg
IMG_1101.jpg
Blake:
IMG_3089.jpg
IMG_1136.jpg
IMG_1313.jpg
IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0837.jpg
IMG_1314.jpg
Kirk on the Fly!
IMG_1317.jpg
IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_1325.jpg
IMG_1321.jpg

Replies

• Miami101Miami101 Posts: 115 Officer
    LOL
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Nice pics! Nice fish as well. I hope that mango found his way to the table, and that Ladyfish was diced up for bait...
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • lowe-boylowe-boy Posts: 1,193 Officer
    Are you and Hialeah Angler brothers? You both have the same look
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    lowe-boy wrote: »
    Are you and Hialeah Angler brothers? You both have the same look

I seen him for some time on Florida Sports, and looking forward to fishing with him one day.
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    Nice pics! Nice fish as well. I hope that mango found his way to the table, and that Ladyfish was diced up for bait...

Let Mingo go, and yes that day used Lady to try to pick up a Shark...Kirk day has me hook on Shark, and makes the way it serve on the islands.
    You have to understand no one cook fish like this man.....I mean no one..hands down....I thank god everyday to live next to him...I post up some plates one day..omg
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 427 Officer
    Miami101 wrote: »
    The weather has been scattered rains, and winds I guess due to hurricane season. Also the bug levels are very high, and the roads are being work on which means delays once your inside the Everglades National Park (49 Miles from start to boat ramp).
    The water is cloudy due to the mix of fresh water into salt on the front side, and dark red tea color on the back side, and light cloudy green in some parts.

a) That's known as your typical summertime weather pattern, not hurricane season.
    b) I believe it's like 38 miles
    c) The water out front get cloudy when it blows like a mofo out of the west and is dark in the backcountry due to the tannins from the mangrove trees.
  • oldschoolmarceloldschoolmarcel Posts: 157 Officer
    I seen him for some time on Florida Sports, and looking forward to fishing with him one day.
    Dont do it!
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,601 Officer
    LMBO!
    friedpeacocks.jpg
    a) That's known as your typical summertime weather pattern, not hurricane season.
    b) I believe it's like 38 miles
    c) The water out front get cloudy when it blows like a mofo out of the west and is dark in the backcountry due to the tannins from the mangrove trees.

Your on the money I still picking up the lay of the land. I know you been going down to Mingo for years, and you put lots of folks on good fish. When is it that the Gag, and Black groupers start to come in? I had luck last year around Dec, but on a small one. I seen some posting of big groupers? Also trol, or live bait what your word on that....I hope to get one this year...if I get lucky.
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 427 Officer
    Winter
    Winter
    Give me more than that....don't hold out. LOL
    Give me more than that....don't hold out. LOL

Cold water.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
    Cold water.

Come on>>>
    In the winter time tie on a HUGE fat lipped diving X-rap. Much bigger than you'd think you need, and the crazier the color the better. (I have an olive and purple one that works well)

Paddle through the groves and troll the x-rap, wait for rod to double over, reel in gag without him breaking you off in the groves.

It sounds crazy, until i did it once with a buddy. The grouper want to KILL those plugs and I still don't understand it. People do the same thing offshore too, the gags will come out of the woodwork.

Tight lines
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    In the winter time tie on a HUGE fat lipped diving X-rap. Much bigger than you'd think you need, and the crazier the color the better. (I have an olive and purple one that works well)

Paddle through the groves and troll the x-rap, wait for rod to double over, reel in gag without him breaking you off in the groves.

It sounds crazy, until i did it once with a buddy. The grouper want to KILL those plugs and I still don't understand it. People do the same thing offshore too, the gags will come out of the woodwork.

Tight lines

Sounds good that is good information. That what this site is about putting out good vibes.
    I have to try it this year, or hook up to see if we can make a trip of it via mother ship, or yak.
  • FishinNoleFishinNole Posts: 407 Officer
    Nice pics. Looks like you had a great time.
    Sounds good that is good information. That what this site is about putting out good vibes.
    I have to try it this year, or hook up to see if we can make a trip of it via mother ship, or yak.

I'd be down to paddle with ya on the yak. Shoot me a PM next time you're going if you have space available for me and my boat. I'll throw down on gas/parking/bait/beer whatever
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    I'd be down to paddle with ya on the yak. Shoot me a PM next time you're going if you have space available for me and my boat. I'll throw down on gas/parking/bait/beer whatever

Now you are talking that is what I'm about..I will hit you up...to see when.
    Just bring it!
    friedpeacocks.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file