Homosassa 7/24 inshore with new neighbors

Mike contacted me from Coneticut by reading our fishing reports. His Mom and dad bought a place in my neighborhood and love to fish but are new to saltwater fishing. Mike and his wife are here on a visit and asked if I would take His wife Laura, his Mom Patty, His dad Eric and himself out and show them the ropes. I agreed and he picked today and another day to make 2 trips. My plan was to start by looking for redfish in some easilly accessable areas then work the inshore flats for trout. The guys worked rattle traps and spoons while I helped the ladies by pitching cutbait as we moved along the shoreline. Everything fell into place as we got 3 reds on artificials and a pair for the ladies in bait. 2 of the reds one on a spoon and one on the rattle trap were a perfect 27 and 26 1/2 inches the others were lower slot fish. We moved onto the flats and picked away at the trout all with mirrodines and bombers. The best trout was a solid 19 1/2 and the others were mid slot fish.. A nasty storm moved in and put an end to a great day on the water. Once again the Nature Coast showed it's best!

IMG_0021-2.jpg
IMG_0023-2.jpg
IMG_0022-2.jpg
IMG_0025-1.jpg
IMG_0024-2.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg
This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Replies

• Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Posts: 775 Officer
    Nice going! Looks like you showed them what our area is capable of producing.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • gbaswolfgbaswolf Posts: 268 Officer
    Those are some healthy looking Reds. WTG Kyle.
    Tight lines!:fishing
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,052 Captain
    Sure hope they were using sunscreen. :rolleyes
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,035 Officer
    nice going Kyle, nice to see the redfish bite happening
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Great report as always.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Those are some very nice Reds
  • inshore77inshore77 Posts: 54 Deckhand
    Way to put them on some fish Kyle!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,509 Captain
    Looks like the are loving it.....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • walkerkbwalkerkb Posts: 174 Officer
    What a day - 5 Reds & some Trout!!! I have to get over and get on some Reds with you. I have been wanting to get a Red for a longgggggg time. Way to go!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,207 Officer
    Way to go, Kyle. We could'nt get any Reds on top water today and even switched to to a spoon for a while.
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Posts: 872 Officer
    I feel ashamed of myself every time I read your reports LOL! Nice job findin them folks some fish!
  • Kids Ate My BaitKids Ate My Bait Posts: 1,037 Officer
    Kyle you cannot keep the Troutman tag if you keep this up.
    Is there a Redman57 on here already? :huh
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

e0855416-db02-4210-a35f-fb932b7f1510_zpsizxn0kmf.jpg
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Kyle you cannot keep the Troutman tag if you keep this up.
    Is there a Redman57 on here already? :huh
    I think I will leave anything with the word RED out of my label:wink
    The name troutman was given to me by my fellow fisherman on Lake Ontario. When the salmon were running I would go way out of my way to find 10-20 pound rainbow trout! Rainbow trout were my target all year round up north even when trolling for walleye on Erie we would set a rod or two for rainbows.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file