PB STUD 11ft Plus Lemon from the BEACH!!!

New to the site and thought I would share

Went out friday night 6-29 with the site of WEED EVERYWHERE :x :x :x :x but we decided to run two lines anyway. First drop 14/0 would not hold. 2nd drop 9/0 the spider weight stuck and we were fishing. Put out a whole fresh Bonita.

Went out friday night with the site of WEED EVERYWHERE :x :x :x :x but we decided to run two lines anyway. First drop 14/0 would not hold. 2nd drop 9/0 the spider wieght stuck and we were fishing. Put out a whole fresh Bonita.

We sat around for awhile chatting and all of a sudden ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ fish on. I let him run about 75 yards harnessed up stuck the fish good and she took off!!!!!!!!!!!!! After about 1 hour and 10 minutes and a half mile down the beach later we land this PB lemon and 9/0 with 80 lbs class line. We were taken so far down the beach we did not have a tape measure but when we used my 10ft crowder as "scale" we figured she was about 10-11 ft and FAT as I have seen.
jnorman7.jpg
Jnorman2.jpg
fullview.jpg
tailwhip-1.jpg
PhotographySHark.jpg

This shark was tagged and released UNHARMED!!!!

Replies

• Gettin' JiggyGettin' Jiggy Posts: 135 Officer
    Wow! Nice catch!
    Capt. Cris Howell
    318cc Edgewater
  • capciofficapcioffi Posts: 798 Officer
    So who's up for some night time skinny dipping??
  • FlatheadfishermanFlatheadfisherman Posts: 799 Officer
    Awesome shark.
  • SeaAnchorSeaAnchor Posts: 254 Officer
    YIKES!!!
    crowder-1.gif
  • T-BirdT-Bird Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    That is so awesome. The fact that you released that beast unharmed makes it even MORE awesome!
  • Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,241 Captain
    thanks for sharing! Nice catch and release!
  • JizzoJizzo Posts: 1,356 Officer
    ^^^X2 Yeah, thanks for the report! Awesome!
    -Jon
  • meglacharchodonmeglacharchodon Posts: 120 Officer
    very nice guys brings back old memories of jax beach shark fishing
  • aitkenkingfishaitkenkingfish Posts: 150 Officer
    Nice lemon
  • Kapn SkinnyKapn Skinny Posts: 1,008 Officer
    :banana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,071 Admiral
    Tight work as usual Marshall! (Tony here) Thats a STUD for sure! Welcome to the forum, its the best one around. Lots of stuff to learn, and tons of great people that share our passion to meet. Hit me up some time @ 904-545-1270, Ill rile up Joe and the rest of the "Street Sharks" lol, and PLEASE let me know if you see any tarpon action while you are out there, Ill come RUNNING with my yak!
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • BighammerhunterBighammerhunter Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    HAHA, Thanks Tony. I still remember last year or the year before when you came out with us and you yaked out and got dragged about 5 miles up and down the beach by that Tarpoon and we watched him take you off into the sunset!!!
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,071 Admiral
    Man, that was the scarriest, most exciting angling experiance I have ever had in my life! I am foaming at the mouth to do it again now that the right time is near. Still to this day the only big beach tarpon Ive landed on my yak, but not from lack of trying! So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember me if you see some action out there, lol! Id love ta join in again on some shark action too, so let me know if ya want more company sometime. Again, cool to see ya here and we all look forward to some more big shark reports! For some reason, I just dont have the desire to surf as much as I used too around here......
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file