HELP! IRS STILL HOLDING MY 2011 TAX REFUND

kbkeyskbkeys Posts: 688 Officer
My accountant forwarded my 2011 tax forms to the IRS in late march. I was informed by the IRS in april that my tax refund had been claimed by someone who provided enough ID to generate the refund before the IRS picked up on the scammer. I get nowhere in trying to communicate with any agency that can tell me ****'s going on. It's several k so it's major for an old schoolteacher! Anyone else know about this federal F**kup?

Replies

• King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,131 Admiral
    Samething happend to a friend of mine. His accountant said he had about a dozen or more of his clients who had the same problem. Good luck!

I wish the would have used mine then they could have paid the thousands I owed! :grin
  • dolfanjoeydolfanjoey Posts: 1,119 Officer
    I have seen it take a year for it to get straightened out. Did you or your accountant fill out the form 14039 and send a copy of your drivers licenses and ss card. The phone number to the identity theft unit is 1-800-908-4490. Call them at least once a week. If it looks like they are not doing much. Call the tax payer advocate program.
  • GJBenn85GJBenn85 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    It takes a while for it to be straightened out. Have had this happen to a few clients and it took anywhere from 6-12 months to resolve.
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,658 Officer
    Good luck to you. F***in thiefs
  • JesseJamesJesseJames Posts: 2,408 Officer
    F***in thiefs

Yeah, and F the people who claimed his return too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    copoutfishing.com
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 Officer
    Gotta pay for Obama care somehow and china doesn't want to do it.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,278 Officer
    Get used to the IRS holding your money
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file