Official FSF Big Buck Contest

huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,284 Admiral
RULES
1. Each hunter may enter as many bucks as they want but only the largest will be counted. Only members who establish a FS Forums account prior to July 28, 2012 are eligible.
2. FLORIDA DEER ONLY.
3. All hunters must submit a picture of themselves with their deer (try to keep them clean & w/o excessive blood).
4. Scoring is done on the total gross of antler length to the nearest 1/16 of an inch with inside spread included (B&C gross with inside spread & all abnormal points included). Use this score card to score, skipping the subtraction of column 3: http://www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/SC_whitetail_nontypical.pdf
5. Photos must include the official FS Big Buck Contest Chit (see below).
6. In the event of a tie, the total tine length without mass will win.
7. Open to all ages, no fees necessary. Enter your deer when you shoot it. No preregistration required. This is an honors system event. We will trust that you killed your deer in FL. BE HONEST!
8. You will be required to submit a copy of your score card with your picture when you post it.
9. Chuck Echenique will abstain from participation and act as arbiter for the contest.
10. Winners will be notified via PM and public announcement will be made March 8, 2013.
11. Prizes and rules are subject to change at the discretion of FS, it's staff and their arbiter.
12. All decisions are final and not up for review, except by FS staff.

PRIZES
Public Land.............................................Private Land
T-Shirt from FS..........................................T-Shirt from FS
Deer grunt tube from Rebel Yelp Calls.............Deer grunt tube from Rebel Yelp Calls
Deer mount from Buck & Boars Taxidermy........Deer mount from Bob Dorta Taxidermy
Other prizes will be posted as we receive them

Official Chit: make sure you put this in your photo (either in color or in B&W)
Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.

Replies

• flydownflydown Posts: 6,450 Admiral
    That's the chit? Interesting colored chit... Mine's never had pink in it. Lol!
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,699 Captain
    So there's nothing for smallest legal buck finally?
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,284 Admiral
    Sure there is... you get to eat it.
    That should be prize enough in my book.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

Haha good answer, us southern guys are going to have a rough go.
    You southern guys need to stay in Down4dacount's hip pocket! And while you're in there, tickle him every once in a while so he'll smile!
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,683 Captain
    Batemaster wrote: »
    Haha good answer, us southern guys are going to have a rough go.
    WHY?
    Some of the biggest deer posted on here last season were from south of the lake
    There's definitely some good ones down here. I'm on some private land this season so let's see what happens between that and public land.
  • Lc-hunter86Lc-hunter86 Posts: 2,926 Officer
    huntmstr wrote: »
    RULES
    1. Each hunter may enter as many bucks as they want but only the largest will be counted. Only members who establish a FS Forums account prior to July 28, 2012 are eligible.
    2. FLORIDA DEER ONLY.
    3. All hunters must submit a picture of themselves with their deer (try to keep them clean & wp/o excessive blood).
    4. Scoring is done on the total gross of antler length to the nearest 1/16 of an inch with inside spread included (B&C gross with inside spread & all abnormal points included). Use this score card to score, skipping the subtraction of column 3: http://www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/SC_whitetail_nontypical.pdf
    5. Photos must include the official FS Big Buck Contest Chit (see below).
    6. In the event of a tie, the total tine length without mass will win.
    7. Open to all ages, no fees necessary. Enter your deer when you shoot it. No preregistration required. This is an honors system event. We will trust that you killed your deer in FL. BE HONEST!
    8. You will be required to submit a copy of your score card with your picture when you post it.
    9. Chuck Echenique will abstain from participation and act as arbiter for the contest.
    10. Winners will be notified via PM and public announcement will be made March 8, 2013.
    11. Prizes and rules are subject to change at the discretion of FS, it's staff and their arbiter.
    12. All decisions are final and not up for review, except by FS staff.

PRIZES
    Public Land.............................................Private Land
    T-Shirt from FS..........................................T-Shirt from FS
    Deer grunt tube from Rebel Yelp Calls.............Deer grunt tube from Rebel Yelp Calls
    Deer mount from Bob Dorta Taxidermy............(Still waiting for another certificate from taxidermist)
    Other prizes will be posted as we receive them

Official Chit: make sure you put this in your photo (either in color or in B&W)

Working on another taxidermist for the contest as we speak guys! This should be good! Can't wait!
    Thanks Thomas. Got your PM.

• BentleyBentley Posts: 91 Deckhand
    Great!! looking forward to it!
    Thanks to Thomas Venuti for his help in securing another donated mount for the contest. Each winner will now get their trophy mounted free of charge.

Not a problem Chuck! Glad I could help! :thumbsup
  • DoradoDreaminDoradoDreamin Posts: 1,821 Captain
    huntmstr wrote: »
    Thanks to Thomas Venuti for his help in securing another donated mount for the contest. Each winner will now get their trophy mounted free of charge.

Nice :thumbsup
  • boarslayer14boarslayer14 Posts: 32 Deckhand
    So the deer has to be hard horned to score?
    So the deer has to be hard horned to score?

The deer has to have horns to score. If you kill a velvet deer and he's vastly larger than any other deer scored, so much so that there's no discrepancy in calling him the winner, then by all means you will win. However, if he's only an inch or so larger, I will make a determination at that time as to how to approach the scoring of that velvet deer so it's fair to all. I can tell you now that I will probably take a poll of the hunters entered into the contest as to whom they think should be awarded the prize.

South zone season starts Saturday. Make sure you take pictures of entries with the official FS Big Buck Contest "chit" below.

FSBBCChit.jpg

That's the Chit, Chuck!
    We gotta get that on a shirt!
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,580 Officer
    Batemaster wrote: »
    We gotta get that on a shirt!
    without the rainbow colors
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]
  • DONY 1DONY 1 Posts: 557 Officer
    ^^^this
    Don't cost nuttin to be nice
    God created rainbows, man perverted them.
    flydown wrote: »
    God created rainbows, man perverted them.
    I don't think it was men :wink
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    [IMG][/img]
    Ray struck again today. Just got the picture.

• AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,683 Captain
    Hope he didn't forget his "chit". Saw it of FB. Nice deer
    Ray lost his "chit" a long time ago. :rotflmao

Goodness ray...I was right when I said you've sold your soul!!
    Guys I have my CHIT but it was in my pants
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    [IMG][/img]
    Guys I have my CHIT but it was in my pants

Well played...
  • DoradoDreaminDoradoDreamin Posts: 1,821 Captain
    Maybe I missed it but how do folks post their bucks for the contest? Do they email the information to Chuck? I thought I would see a sticky for submissions. Not that I will likely get a buck with any chance of winning :willynilly
    Just post it right here, Rob. But don't forget your chit!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file