Huge Bobcat!

rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
I was checking the smoker on the patio a couple minutes ago. I looked up and sitting on the other side of the pond is a cat that "appears" to be a 75# cat!:willynilly
I know the world record bobcat is under 50#, but this thing sure looks a lot bigger than that.

I run in the house to get my "binoculars" so I can see it up close, thinking I'm going to see a long tail, but it is a light colored bobcat or somebody chopped the tail off a panther.
It has to be the big cat that Biggator and I saw once before. I have a lot of young turkeys at the moment and baby ducks are also in the pond.

Joe just had something kill and eat one of his geese and a couple chickens. This big cat seems to always somehow avoid "Punishment". He'll eventually make a mistake and get caught in the coop....
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Replies

• pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral
    Your bobcat and bacon writtin' is eerily similar to Reck's wimmins writtin'. :grin
    "Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" - Buddy McCoy :hail
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Didn't you shoot a neighbor's "bobcat" recently? :)
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    Menzies wrote: »
    Didn't you shoot a neighbor's "bobcat" recently? :)

Define "recently"....
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    Why shoot a bobcat?
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,084 Officer
    Calusa wrote: »
    Why shoot a bobcat?

Cuz it's just like a regular cat, 'cept bigger an easy to scope.
    :mad **** .....

Go fishing!
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • spinfreakspinfreak Posts: 5,204 Officer
    Why shoot a bobcat?

Why not?
    Exiled Dungeon Master of The Freakshow :cool:
    YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! Seriously. Do it for yourself and loved ones. You have issues
    Why shoot a bobcat?

because they are hard to run down and choke to death.:shrug
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Why shoot a bobcat?

Because, Loosa ...
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    I have a lot of young turkeys at the moment and baby ducks are also in the pond.

I've got a bunch of little turkeys too. And several bobcats. I ought to shoot 'em, but I don't.
  • drkpttdrkptt Posts: 1,927 Captain
    A guy took a series of photos of a gator sneaking up on a bobcat in his backyard in Tampa last week. If that's really a 10 ft gator then that cat is huge!

http://baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/5/30/this_is_florida_gato.html

7-gator-bobcat-stalk-5-30-12.jpg
    drkptt wrote: »
    A guy took a series of photos of a gator sneaking up on a bobcat in his backyard in Tampa last week. If that's really a 10 ft gator then that cat is huge!

http://baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/5/30/this_is_florida_gato.html

That would have required 2 shots at my house.....
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,246 Officer
    Look at the black rimmed ears and the little tufts of fur at the cheeks on the cat. Definitely a bobcat. :grin
    fish_stix wrote: »
    Look at the black rimmed ears and the little tufts of fur at the cheeks on the cat. Definitely a bobcat. :grin

Okay. I'll take your word for it. Although I've got a couple of pairs, I don't "study" on bobcats. The coloration is just wrong though.
  • Look Out BelowLook Out Below Posts: 3,778 Captain
    I run in the house to get my "binoculars" so I can see it up close,

Rusty you know this was the wrong piece of equipment to grab to finish of this dilema. :wink
    smilie_dance.gif
  • treetopflyntreetopflyn Posts: 3,937 Officer
    Looks more like a Lynx
    drkptt wrote: »

• Ramblin' ReckRamblin' Reck Posts: 2,701 Officer
    Your bobcat and bacon writtin' is eerily similar to Reck's wimmins writtin'. :grin

PD, all good country boys grew up listening to their dads, granddads and uncles telling stories on the front porch after a good supper while the wimmins cleaned up. And of course, the art was passed down.

I'm reminded of a tru story about my dad. The word was out that the fish were bitin' on the Little River. Only happened a few times a year when the water got just right. Usually in the dead of Summer, when the water was low, and the shoals had a gentle flow. The fish would congregate in the deeper corner holes, and a good mess could be caught to feed an entire family.

Now, my daddy was the Mayor of our little community of Berlin. There must have been 20 or so fishermen and wimmins fishing along the banks of the prized river. He had lots of friends, but hell most were prolly kin. He was a **** good fisherman. I remember on that day, he caught a Blue Catfish that weighed 8#-6*. We all caught lots of Bluegills, Shellcrackers, and the most prized Redbellies.

Well, Dell (short for Delma, his given name) would squat down to his ankles without touching his butt to the ground, which was certain to gather all sorts of redbugs. He had occasion to break wind. It was not a small toot. Rather, it was a screaming, shrill symphony, the likes of which I have never heard before nor since! As he sat near the waters' edge, the sound ricocheted up and down the calmed waters of the Little River. He had the entire crowd rolling in laughter!!!

"Dell just farted".

Tru story, I was sitting right there.

Sayin... Reck
    AuthorHouse.com

Walk.gif
    "Dell just farted".

Sayin... Reck

I reckon you was, Reck. I reckon you was.
  • prowlin4redsprowlin4reds Posts: 953 Officer
    PD, all good country boys grew up listening to their dads, granddads and uncles telling stories on the front porch after a good supper while the wimmins cleaned up. And of course, the art was passed down.

I'm reminded of a tru story about my dad. The word was out that the fish were bitin' on the Little River. Only happened a few times a year when the water got just right. Usually in the dead of Summer, when the water was low, and the shoals had a gentle flow. The fish would congregate in the deeper corner holes, and a good mess could be caught to feed an entire family.

Now, my daddy was the Mayor of our little community of Berlin. There must have been 20 or so fishermen and wimmins fishing along the banks of the prized river. He had lots of friends, but hell most were prolly kin. He was a **** good fisherman. I remember on that day, he caught a Blue Catfish that weighed 8#-6*. We all caught lots of Bluegills, Shellcrackers, and the most prized Redbellies.

Well, Dell (short for Delma, his given name) would squat down to his ankles without touching his butt to the ground, which was certain to gather all sorts of redbugs. He had occasion to break wind. It was not a small toot. Rather, it was a screaming, shrill symphony, the likes of which I have never heard before nor since! As he sat near the waters' edge, the sound ricocheted up and down the calmed waters of the Little River. He had the entire crowd rolling in laughter!!!

"Dell just farted".

Sayin... Reck

:applause
    Survival is not mandatory.....
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    I run in the house to get my "binoculars" so I can see it up close, t.

Binoculars, or a monocular with assisted aiming lower unit booger fingered bang switch boom stick?
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
    IJoe just had something kill and eat one of his geese and a couple chickens. This big cat seems to always somehow avoid "Punishment". He'll eventually make a mistake and get caught in the coop....

Bait a wild predator with geese and chickens, and he deserves punishment for eating them?

Build a coop that protects your prized chickens.
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,473 Admiral
    what happened with the gator/cat? Cat finally realize he was about to be prey?
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Cat ran off.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    Bait a wild predator with geese and chickens, and he deserves punishment for eating them?

Build a coop that protects your prized chickens.

Careful Loosa, you may get the dreaded tree huger title

beat_dead_horse2.jpg
  • RRRRRR Posts: 8,218 Officer
    I would not shoot a bobcat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,520 AG
    ow the deuce did a gator sneak up on a cat?

Unless it was a Kentucky Wildcat

ba dunt ziiing
    It just amazes me that a guy moves to a piece of property where bobcats and maybe other predators have been living for thousands of years, buys some baby chickens and then expects them to not attract predators. Thousands of years all was ok there until this guy and his chickens show up. Now bobcats are to be "punished".

:twothumbsdown
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
    It just amazes me that a guy moves to a piece of property where bobcats and maybe other predators have been living for thousands of years, buys some baby chickens and then expects them to not attract predators. Thousands of years all was ok there until this guy and his chickens show up. Now bobcats are to be "punished".

this is good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,473 Admiral

well they kill fawns and turkeys too not just livestock.

Plus they make awesome mounts if the taxidermists is worth his salt
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
    I have no problems with them killing
    fawns and turkeys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file