Unreal Bite at Hopetown Poicket

FS RickFS Rick Posts: 113 Officer
Ran the Dos Amigos to Boat Harbour for our best 3 days ever. Started with a white and a few Mahi on day one, caught a blue and few mahi on day 2, and then finished with 3 blues, and a white on day 3.

Stayed at beautiful Boat Harbour, and they are working on putting some small boat packages together to make it easier for more Florida small boats to get there. I'll keep you informed on what I hear.

We were on the heels of the Custom Boat Shootout. 36 boats. 92 billfish! Mostly whites and blues.

Replies

• lt20lt20 Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    Wow. That's great fishing. Plastics or dead bait?
  • FS RickFS Rick Posts: 113 Officer
    One white on small BB canyon Prowler, and one on a naked ballyhoo.

One blue on BB Abaco prowler, and 3 on blue and white Ilander heavyweights and ballyhoo.

Can't figure out why we catch so many blues on blue and white Ilander heavyweights over ballyhoo. We only pull 4 at a time.
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 806 Officer
    Nice work!!!

Hobbit free zone!!

• C2 H5 OH manC2 H5 OH man Posts: 108 Deckhand
    Rick, great work. I will be running over either Fri or Sat. What radio channel will you be on?? Also what speed are you trolling? Tony B.
  • FS RickFS Rick Posts: 113 Officer
    Looks like our weekend plans have been waylayed. Broken door hinge on our crewmembers plane.
    We stand by on channel 71. Trolling speed is all about sea conditions. We pull blue and white Ilanders, and Black Barts. We'll pull as hard as the Ilanders will allow. I think we get better action out of the BB's if we pull them in close while we run the Ilanders in back. As long as I can keep my Ilanders from bouncing out of the water, I'll speed up.

We pull one naked medium with a 1/2 oz bullet weight under the chin, directly behind the teaser for whites. I hate whites. they are evil creatures that have no souls. In other words we stink at catching whites.
  • captinmitchcaptinmitch Posts: 5,807 Officer
    FSRick wrote: »
    I hate whites. they are evil creatures that have no souls. In other words we stink at catching whites.
    :rotflmao

True that.
    Tight work.
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    I was told by a great white marlin fisherman that if the whites get going ... have ... a sharp hook, a lota line, and a good drag set.. then turn around and don't look at them..! a piece of nylon webbing folded over with 7 - 9 wire 'without a hook' catches them really good.. :)~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file