Bahama island hopping

saltygator11saltygator11 Posts: 129 Deckhand
Slow fishing but a good billfish bite. Jumped a white, landed a striped around 250. At the same time of the striped had a blue 500+ jump but lost it. Landed one yellowfin, two blackfinn and a small dolphin. Plenty of debris and weeds but no fish to go along with it. Weather maybe getting in the way of fishing now.

Replies

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,473 Admiral
    good job catching a stripe in the bahamas, never saw 1 over here. he must be lost.
    what part of the islands are you in?
  • saltygator11saltygator11 Posts: 129 Deckhand
    Fishing off the west end. Hearing at the docks fish are real hard to come by
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,052 AG
    Fishing off the west end. Hearing at the docks fish are real hard to come by

I can confirm that after 13 days at OBB....
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,963 Captain
    Slow fishing but a good billfish bite. Jumped a white, landed a striped around 250. At the same time of the striped had a blue 500+ jump but lost it. Landed one yellowfin, two blackfinn and a small dolphin. Plenty of debris and weeds but no fish to go along with it. Weather maybe getting in the way of fishing now.

Thats a pretty good day in my book , especially for West End. I would try farther East,10-15 out from West End. Usually a nicer concentration of weed and birds.
    We have been all over. Left Great harbor today on 6-10 seas g
    Got 2 yellowfins 40 and 47. Hard day of fishing but well
    Worth it, back at home base Freeport nOw
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,473 Admiral
    have you seen any more striped marlin over there? ;)
    No fishing today, resting up for tmrw. Saw a boat leave this morning, will report with what I hear later in the day.
  • captinmitchcaptinmitch Posts: 5,807 Officer
    have you seen any more striped marlin over there? ;)
    :Popcorn
  • skinneejskinneej Posts: 358 Officer
    Next Level wrote: »
    Thats a pretty good day in my book , especially for West End. I would try farther East,10-15 out from West End. Usually a nicer concentration of weed and birds.
    Wouldn't 10 miles EAST of West End put you on top of the bank in about 2-3 feet of water?
    skinnej.jpg
  • skinneejskinneej Posts: 358 Officer
    Gary M wrote: »
    I can confirm that after 13 days at OBB....

Please tell us more. I'm considering going over there next weekend, but if there aren't any pelagics biting, then we might just do yellowtailing or something. Any intel you have would be great.
    skinnej.jpg
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,052 AG
    OBB is pretty much of a transient Marina so there's not a lot of fishing outta here. But, the dolphin that I have seen here are not big and we did not score ourselves the other day......and the fish cleaning table has been quiet......

I saw a guy cleaning a small tuna and I asked him if he needed a Saltine Cracker to eat it on....... it was so small! The dolphin that he also was cleaning was born last week......
    Fished from Freeport to Bimini and Bimini to Ft. Liquordale skunked both days. Must of seen 50 buckets and assorted FAD but nothing on them. No need to run the weeds nothing on them. Tight lines boys!
  • quickreleasequickrelease Posts: 287 Officer
    Striped marlin ehh??? Ya dont say? Catch any dog tooth tunas mixed in with those yellowfins brotha?
    Quickrelease_1298509_n.jpg
    Yeah just so happens we all make mistakes as did I. It was a blue, but I'll take a mistake on the forum no harm no foul. Tight Lines and good luck out there!
    First Billfish
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    nice fish! get a little kids fish pic book so some in here don't get bunched up.. :) great fish to eat there .. hope you had some wasabi, salad and rice..
  • quickreleasequickrelease Posts: 287 Officer
    Pretty work...i was just giving you a hard time..nice yellow
    Quickrelease_1298509_n.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file