Biscayne 5/20 TROUT AND SNOOK

hay guys decided to day to change thangs up a bit. me and my bro headed to biscayne to meet dave who was kind enough to show us a hot trout spot. as we paddled out through this canal i was trolling a soft plastic and got slammed by a monster snook the broke of immedietly. ow well kept going we rounded the corner and dave spot tailing bones my bro makes a cast hooks up runs like a bone but ends up being a cuda. we alll catch a few cudas here and there looking for bones. got to see my first tailing bone. so with no luck with the bones. dave takes us out to the trout spot. between the next 2 hours we have fun catching good size trout with some keepers in the bag 2 overslots an 1 in the slot. dave leaves and we head to the closest marina to get ice. we come back 30min later thinking that the bite was shut off. but boy where we wrong and we managed to get both our limits with aaron my bro with the biggin. we start to make our way back since we cant keep no more trout so as soon as i get back to the creek from the morining i let back a salt and pepper bass assassin on the way back along the mangroves. about 10min later all i know is chaos my 2500 sahara is screaming rods are tangled, i get control of the situation and start fighting the fish not sure what i got. i fight him for ten min, i see the fish and its a nice snook possible slot i get him yak side and get him in about a 26inch fish got my pics and sent him back. trout where hitting the gulpshrimp. Dave thanks so much for your knowledge and hospitality.

NewImage1biscayne.jpg

NewImage4davetrout.jpg

NewImageaarontrout.jpg

newimage3biscaynesnook.jpg

NewImage5troutcatch.jpg

pic from saturday the one that got away

grouoer.jpg
:fishing
OCEAN KAYAK: PROWLER 13

Replies

• palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,618 Captain
    Nice trout and snook Frankthetank.:thumbsup
  • clearchoice18clearchoice18 Posts: 118 Deckhand
    when are you guys going back? it be nice to team up, never done the trout fishing and snook, that's a bonus.
  • Baxter22Baxter22 Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Glad to meet you and Aaron and the snook was a nice bonus. As I left early I went back and invited a couple of trout home for dinner just before sunset.
    Hope to make it up your way soon.
  • LivinthedreamLivinthedream Posts: 207 Officer
    That's nice!
  • bassmaster2bassmaster2 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    where is that exactly? ive never seen any part of biscayne with mangroves like that.
  • LokiLoki Posts: 141 Officer
    Good trout fishing in the bay this year. Nice job both days.
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 863 Officer
    where is that exactly? ive never seen any part of biscayne with mangroves like that.

its not up to me to share the location its up to the founder if he wants to share. with anyone else.
  • Dj Dan DecibelDj Dan Decibel Posts: 142 Officer
    nice man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    yeah it was such a great time. the only thing i wish turned out differently is my bad sunburn. but other than that a great time with family and new friends
  • levosgienlevosgien Posts: 164 Officer
    Nice job on the trouts, snook and grouper.
    This is a spot WAYWAYWAY south WAY south:) PM me and I would gladly take any one out and happy that Frank respected the spot. I know I could open a can of worms trying to "keep it a secret" but I don't operate that way. Just sharing what I know and passing along what others shared with me.Peace
    baxter22 that's awsome the way you think, and it's cool that you want to share a spot. so one of mine is behind the miami seaquarium nice tarpons rolling and if you get lucky and see the emplyees dump the fish that they don't use you will see the tarpons feeding. throw a fillet of ballywhoo and throw it at the wall and hold on. by the bridge you got big jacks also the bad part is the boats, and currents. but the beach is right there so it's an easy launch, next i'm going to hit the mangroves across the bridge to see if any good snapper bites. so next good spot i find i will let you know. also looking to make a trip to mosquito laggon to get bull reds. i will post it before going.
    i wouldnt just tell your spot out like that, its cool to pm anyone that you trust but everyone can access that
    that's ok frank as long as everyone has a good time there's enough fish out there for everyone. i just wouldn't say other peoples hole out of respect, but some of mine, i wouldn't stress over it. :beer
    Thanks clear choice I appreciate it and I have known about "feeding time" for some years now. Good spot to go for the Atlantic sleigh ride. For sure let me know when you are heading to Flamingo and i will get the bug suit out. School is out for me soon and July the skeeters are big but so are the fish! That is a closer drive for me too.
    cant wait to go to everglade city, going to hug the beach in the yak in the morning for tarpon and snook
  • LonnyLonny Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Hi Frankthetank. Great pics and great angling, thanks for sharing. I live down by the Deering Estate and jut got an Ocean Kayak Scrambler to work those flats by me. I've been throwing Gulp 4" swimming mullets on the grass flats looking for trout but only came up with a small one. I've tried a couple different size jigheads but just seem to get chewed up by little snapper and pinfish. What were you using for bait and were you chumming at all?
  • HookedHooked Posts: 391 Officer
    Great report and sorry about that nice grouper that got away.
    Lonny wrote: »
    Hi Frankthetank. Great pics and great angling, thanks for sharing. I live down by the Deering Estate and jut got an Ocean Kayak Scrambler to work those flats by me. I've been throwing Gulp 4" swimming mullets on the grass flats looking for trout but only came up with a small one. I've tried a couple different size jigheads but just seem to get chewed up by little snapper and pinfish. What were you using for bait and were you chumming at all?

i use the 4inch gulp shrimp i find that its the best overall lure in my arsenal it will catch anything. and that the bigger trout are following bait school (mullet an pilchards) and just stay in about 3-8ft of water on the grass. grass is important.
  • LonnyLonny Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks. What size and brand jig heads were you using?
    i switch between doa 1/4oz and bass assasin jig heads 1/4oz i mainly use 1/4oz or lighter. color to me dont matter but chartuese is fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file