Nice Day on the water.

MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 Officer
Some pics from NE Florida!

Iolar heading north to Mystic CT. (And shooting one handed on the helm it looks like its uphill all the way too!)

2012050601.jpg

Well this tie-up should hold us!!

2012050604.jpg

Number 64 in dry dock. (USS Gettysburg).

2012050602.jpg

2012050603.jpg

Some other boats at Atlantic Marine for refits.

Golden Odessy.

[Golden Odyssey is the flagship of the Golden Fleet and is sailing seas all over the world with her support yacht Golden Shadow (66.75m) and the sport fishermen Golden Osprey (27.45m). Beside many tenders and oceanographic equipment, from May 1999 onwards a Cessna 208 Caravan Sea Plane for two pilots and eight guests was added to the Golden Fleet and is stowed aboard the Golden Shadow. The owner has considerable interest in oceanography and often makes scientific research voyages with his fleet. Because of that Golden Odyssey has a coral reef aquarium distributed over two decks and a window in the bow for Dolphin-watching.]

2010050605.jpg

The Maidome.

2012050606.jpg

The Calixe, owned by Wendy McCaw.

2012050607.jpg

Anyone have any idea what vessel this is that they are working on?

2012050608.jpg

Border Patrol heading south.

2012050609.jpg

At anchorage Fort George looking west

2012050611.jpg

Looking east.

2012050612.jpg

Crew swimming ashore.

2012050610.jpg

A "considerate" boater passing through the anchorage.

2012050613.jpg

"At Last" anchored off Kingsley Plantation.

2012050614.jpg
Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Replies

• GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,633 Admin
    Been a long time nice I thought about Kingsley Plantation.

Used to fish off the Nassau Sound Bridge for sharks.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 Officer
    Griz wrote: »
    Been a long time nice I thought about Kingsley Plantation.

Used to fish off the Nassau Sound Bridge for sharks.

Bird island is right outside of that bridge and used to be a great place to pull up a boat. But now they have put it off limits to boaters - to protect the birds, go figure!
  • Bruce LBBruce LB Posts: 3,603 Officer
    My buddy is doing some work on the Golden Odyssey. Did you hit any of the storms?
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,376 Captain
    Nice pics, Menz...those are some of my favorite stomping grounds, too. My son got a special tour of the USS Gettysburg...his buddy's dad was the CO until he was promoted to Captain of the 4th Fleet...NOT the dad you want to follow when the school does one of those "Bring your Dad to School" days.
    Bruce LB wrote: »
    My buddy is doing some work on the Golden Odyssey. Did you hit any of the storms?

Saw them starting to develop and high tailed it - caught the corner of one as we were leaving the river. But once headed south we were able to keep ahead of it. Here is a pic my daughter took on her phone and posted on her Facebook with a tag line of "Trying to outrun the storm! Batten down the hatches ;)"

563145_10101200642255142_5120430_62225575_1409205650_n.jpg
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 Officer
    The crew is putting the final touches on mine. I guess my fans are buying it for me. I'll have to act surprised.
    IMG_0060.jpg
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    CaptTater wrote: »
    The crew is putting the final touches on mine. I guess my fans are buying it for me. I'll have to act surprised.
    IMG_0060.jpg

They're going to be pi$$ed at the guy who painted on the name - he got the wrong dwarf!
    You don't think he'll have a good sense of humor about it?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 Officer
    Where are the fish? Or fishing rods?

Are you sure you are on the right site?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Here's a few from peanut island. I can say it was quite calm with the exception of a few idiots.
    8 month pregger wife and 2yr old
    DSC_0034.jpg

Boat's all cleaned up and for sale
    DSC_0031.jpg
    Next Level showed up with new motors
    DSC_0027.jpg

My 5yr old uncovering critters
    DSC_0024.jpg

Both of them.
    DSC_0020.jpg

Here's how you snorkle in 6"-12" of water.
    DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg

For Gary, got a crab and urchin.
    DSC_0008.jpg
    Not you.

You fish.

The worthless troll from Jacksonville.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Not you.

You fish.

Oh, he is that. :)
  • MACDMACD Posts: 4,756 Captain
    Not you.

You fish.

Grumpy.
    MACD wrote: »
    Grumpy.

Well he's welcome to crew it.

:rolleyes
    At least use some imagination, Steve.

OK....................
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,119 Admiral
    Not you.

You fish.

Gary, tell us how you really feel..... Don't hold back.
    Gary, tell us how you really feel..... Don't hold back.

Gary is becoming a bitter old man.

His new job must be kicking his a$$. :)
    COme on now. Let's make this thread of the year.. GO
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,119 Admiral
    CaptTater wrote: »
    COme on now. Let's make this thread of the year.. GO
    It has potential. Gary already took a shot across the bow of Menzies Trawler.

Get GT in here. Popeye and Splash will follow. Hickory Dog is sure to join in.....

Next thing you know, we will have five pages....

Now where is that picture of the burned up lamb leg?
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    I need to find another cat in a tree - That will get **** rolling.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 21,643 AG
    Gary's boss is skelator the carpetbagger yankee crook.

What's not to be grumpy about?
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Gary's boss is skelator the carpetbagger yankee crook.

What's not to be grumpy about?

Got all your paperwork up to date with that above ground tank, Peter?

• knotty boysknotty boys Posts: 1,885 Captain
    To H3LL in a handbasket!
    Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,261 AG
    doo doo
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,348 Admiral
    Polar wrote: »
    doo doo

words of wisdom.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 21,643 AG
    Got all your paperwork up to date with that above ground tank, Peter?

Even "The Man" does not know the regulations. I do, I own the tank and am a responsible biodiesler.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,261 AG
    can I run biodiesel in a 6.5 liter chevrolet turbo diesel?
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Even "The Man" does not know the regulations. I do, I own the tank and am a responsible biodiesler.

What is there to know? We regulate petroleum storage tanks. Since biodiesel ( if that's what you have in there) is not petroleum, then it is unregulated.

• SnookslangerSnookslanger Posts: 1,320 Officer
    Polar wrote: »
    can I run biodiesel in a 6.5 liter chevrolet turbo diesel?

Tater says it's indestructable, I'm sure it'll be fine.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbaaKhJZWMOL6wbI1uz1gMkBQR94dtr2Dn__x8NwzcVDRiVW5Gb-cOL-oj

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file