Any suggestions for a good lunch in Marathon for a rainy Sunday?

Well, looks like fishing is washed out. Have to run down to Marathon. Any suggestions for a good lunch spot? No lazy days.

Replies

• southseassouthseas Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    Sparkys in KCB....great food priced right. The Island Fish Co....great ssetup and view, food is great but little pricey. A
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Officer
    I like the Pizza Hut across the street from the airport. It has been a couple of years since I ate there, I don't guarantee it is still there.
  • JoeGiulJoeGiul Posts: 453 Deckhand
    Sparky's is a good spot for lunch. My wife likes the lobster tacos.
    Joe G.
    Lighthouse Point
  • Piratelooksat40Piratelooksat40 Posts: 92 Deckhand
    Ended up at Sparky's. Thanks for the tips.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Officer
    Maybe I will try Sparky's next time myself. I flew down there for something to do and it was an easy walk to the Pizza Hut but I probably could have borrowed a car.
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    Burdines for a burger and skinny fries! :thumbsup
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    How did you like Sparky's? Why did you say no Lazy Days? Bad experience? I go to Key Colony Inn for lunch a lot, good food, cheap price, just no view or atmosphere.
  • Steel M anSteel M an Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    Fish Tales right beside Vaca Cut on the hwy. Delicious lunch and early dinner fish sandwiches and dishes. Great people running it!
  • Piratelooksat40Piratelooksat40 Posts: 92 Deckhand
    How did you like Sparky's? Why did you say no Lazy Days? Bad experience? I go to Key Colony Inn for lunch a lot, good food, cheap price, just no view or atmosphere.

I have a place up at Long Key. Lazy Days North is the closest place to our place, so have been there a bunch. First off, I wanted something different. Secondly, I am not as excited about Lazy days as most on the forums. I think their service is really bad, and the food is okay. I can put up with crappy service for fantastic food, or great service for okay food, but to me they offer poor service and just okay food, so I usually choose something else. We usually go out to eat in islamorada and wanted to try something new in Marathon. The funny thing is that when we go to marathon, we always go to Key Colony Inn. That is the only place we go down there.

Sparkys was pretty good. Exactly what we were looking for. A good dive bar with descent food. I would definetly go back!
  • flbluerunnerflbluerunner Posts: 700 Officer
    Next time try Frank's excellent and reasonable.
    No view but great food and service.
    John :USA
    2006 38 Luhrs IPS600, A true 38, the only one made with IPS!
    2001 23 Parker

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file