Boynton Offshore - 4-10-12 - FINS and WAHOO - VIDEO

Another day, another fishing adventure. Cleared the inlet shortly after 9 am and was greeted by super calm seas. There were already quite a few boats out there. Put out my spread and headed East. I had found some fins in 750’ the day before, so I figured I’d head back out there. There were scattered weeds, slicks and rips along the way.

rip.jpg

Saw some schoolies in 700’ but kept going looking for something bigger. And boy did I find it… a marlin jumping in 800’ :) I tried to get him on video or the end of my line but failed at both! Kept heading offshore. In 1020’ I saw a turtle just sitting there, so I turned in its direction, and I hooked up on the starboard long (ballyhoo)… a big dolly dancing in the distance. Then the portside long takes off too (squid pup). A double. I work the first one onto the gaff and into the box and end up flipping the second one.

fin1.jpg

fin2.jpg

Now I’m thinking cobia… so I turn back towards the beach, trolling on my way back. I spot a 2x4 with a couple of birds resting on it in 730’. I drive by it, and my portside planer pops (seawitch), and the rod starts bouncing. I reel it in and hand line the fish in, and it’s a wahoo – not too big so I just flip him!!!!

hoo.jpg

So now I scrapped the cobia hunt in favor of a king to complete the slam…. I put in at least an hour and a half looking for one, but I failed miserably again… :wink

Beautiful day offshore with my banana... LOL

ban1.jpg

ban2.jpg

HERE'S A QUICK VIDEO OF TODAY'S ADVENTURE...

Replies

• Get SumGet Sum Posts: 360 Officer
    WTG Paul, Haven't seen any post from you in a while, Vacation? Overhaul on the boat? Went back to work? Atleast you got the better (2) of the slam!
  • The NickoThe Nicko Posts: 475 Officer
    Good job Paul..... Nicceeeeee!!!!!!
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    Hey Jay...thx... was away for a bit... but I did post yesterday :) http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?48610-Boynton-Apr-9-2012-Putting-the-wife-on-some-FINS-VIDEO

Thanks Bart. Have you been fishing? Text me when you're around....
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
  • VenturesomeVenturesome Posts: 1,743 Officer
    great report paul...also nice seeing you at Ray's. hope you enjoyed the kalik gold. sorry i had to run out on you guys that day......
    2392.jpg
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    Sweet report and video Paul. Picking up right where you left off. Congrats!
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,040 Captain
    Paul you are the man, sure looks like you have it down pat. We are headed out with Jerry on the Lucky Us with high hopes and lots of hope. Thanks for the report.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • VindawgVindawg Posts: 801 Officer
    Nice job sir!
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,944 Captain
    Wow, another great report! You really know where to find the fish, congrats once again and really like the video!
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,779 Moderator
    Good job! Second productive day back. I enjoyed the report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • Dominic74Dominic74 Posts: 727 Officer
    Nice job Paul ! You are the man! Have heard from you in a while, figuired it wouldn't be long before you posted another stellar report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skeeterskeeter Posts: 80 Deckhand
    another great report, although im getting extremely green reading them everyday at work :mad
    youre really killing it the last few days
    Fishing is such great fun, I have often felt, that it really ought to be done in bed.
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,242 Captain
    Great job Paul, see you out there soon hopefully.
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,257 Officer
    Way to go Paul, you are on fire (again).
    Ready for next window...
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    emoney991@outlook.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,242 Captain
    From my gf: "OMG I'm super jealous you have no idea...with the banana on his boat & all!"

lol, keep up the good work.
  • cane1799cane1799 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    good job, nice report!
    Thanks guys. Really good to be back.

Skeeter - I guess I shouldn't report today's catch :wink
  • Offshore9393Offshore9393 Posts: 469 Officer
    That banana made me cringe. If you can do that good with a banana on board you can do twice as good without it.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,344 Admiral
    very nice!
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,428 Admiral
    Paul,

Beginners luck is all I have to say!!!! :rotflmao:rotflmao

Now, if you want to see how real fishermen do it, check out our post. :grin:grin

In the process of finalizing the video.

Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • Sea EraSea Era Posts: 491 Officer
    I've got to try the banana, congratulations Paul.
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,502 Captain
    Awesome catchin Paul. Keep those reports coming.
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • choppychoppy Posts: 282 Officer
    Nice job Paul. On my way out to the sword grounds, after i saw you ,in 1500 I saw a nice big Marlin jump as well. He was freight training southbound so I didn't even bother. Nice job on the hoo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @ rowerybo – thx Ryan. Good luck with the tourney. Is it still on with the expected weather?

@ Venturesome – good seeing you too Steve and thx for the beer. TJ has that effect on people … :)

@ isla21 – thx Travis. Have you been out lately?

@ Let’s Go – thx Bo. Not at as good as your catch for sure :rotflmao

@ Vindawg – thx Vinny

@ Latitudeajustment – just mostly lucky! :grin

@ Fi$h2nguyen – thx Long

@ Dominic74 – thx Dom. Had been gone for about a month. Fished Monday with my wife (http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?48610-Boynton-Apr-9-2012-Putting-the-wife-on-some-FINS-VIDEO), then Tuesday (this report) then Wednesday (had a day-saving hoo last 30 minutes of the trip --- oops sorry Skeeter :cool)

@ e-money – thx Eric. Sorry about your friend BTW. It doesn’t look like we’ll have a window by the 21st – but I’m ready too.

@ brianb – thx Newbie. Hey Darcie… don’t let Brian teach you about fishing!!!!!!!! :hairraiser

@ Offshore9393 – I’m telling you it works. Ask Capt. Andy Tasker!!!!!!

@ dpdash – thx Doug. Congrats on your double too! :hail

@ Plane Fish n – oh you’re just jealous Eric because Joseph can out-fish you …. :fishing hahaha

@ Sea Era - :banana

@ Alwaysforward – thx Jeff. Will do :wink

@ Choppy – thx Chris. Good seeing out there in the deep blue! :driver:
    PaulBoat wrote: »
    then Wednesday (had a day-saving hoo last 30 minutes of the trip --- oops sorry Skeeter :cool)

i hope you run out of bananas :machinegun.
    mondays are the only weekday im blessed enough to get on the water :fishing
    Fishing is such great fun, I have often felt, that it really ought to be done in bed.
    skeeter wrote: »
    i hope you run out of bananas :machinegun.
    mondays are the only weekday im blessed enough to get on the water :fishing

tsssk tssssk tsssk -- funny but not very nice :nono -- bad karma!

... very doubtful however........ :rotflmao

banana.jpg

Lots more where those came from!!!!!
    PaulBoat wrote: »
    tsssk tssssk tsssk -- funny but not very nice :nono -- bad karma!

... very doubtful however........ :rotflmao

banana.jpg

Lots more where those came from!!!!!

my jokes were are meant with love :banana,as long as you save some fish for me and the rest of us brave boynton inlet fishermen. i actually love reading your reports, while im at work :cry, and the pictures and videos are awesome. im working this monday but then have 4/20-23 off, hopefully the weather cooperates with me and i get out there before you catch them all :hail. if i notice that beautiful boat of yours ill try to come say hi, or just follow you to the fish:cool:
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,064 Captain
    Great job Paul!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    that's cool skeeter... happy to run the teasers for you :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file