Kids and Captains

In my other life I own a small business in Olde Naples. A lot of our clientele know my wife and I fish so we get a few requests for fishing guide recommendations.

We know a few Captains, but for the most part, they're not fans of fishing with kids. A couple we knew that were have moved or quit the business.

Any Captains on here that cater to families? If so, drop me a note or a website and a little info and we'll pass your information along.

Thanks

fltsfshr

fltsfshr@comcast.net
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

  • 10kman10kman Posts: 277 Deckhand
    fltsfshr wrote: »
    In my other life I own a small business in Olde Naples. A lot of our clientele know my wife and I fish so we get a few requests for fishing guide recommendations.

    We know a few Captains, but for the most part, they're not fans of fishing with kids. A couple we knew that were have moved or quit the business.

    Any Captains on here that cater to families? If so, drop me a note or a website and a little info and we'll pass your information along.

    Thanks

    fltsfshr

    fltsfshr@comcast.net
    I'm in a fishing club that listens to fishing guides
    every month.Stacy Mullendore out of Goodland is a easy going kind of a guy that several
    in our club have fished with.
  • fltsfshrfltsfshr Posts: 292 Officer
    Yes I've know Stacy for years. Nice guy. I met him through Mark Ward when he had everglades angler. We used to send all our referrals down there.

    Thanks for reminding me.

    fltsfshr :fishing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 938 Officer
    x2
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • JSTickumJSTickum Posts: 408 Deckhand
    Bigsharkfishing.com , fishes out of 10k , Chris is a great guy and a family man , big sharks , tarpon , reds and snook , he will put you on fish
  • rgarryrgarry Posts: 86 Deckhand
    Jesse Karin is great with kids. My kids love fishing with him.
    Www.madsnookin.com
  • IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    rgarry wrote: »
    Jesse Karin is great with kids. My kids love fishing with him.
    Www.madsnookin.com

    Jesse needs to get his "not quite as large as it used to be" *** back on this forum! He is a great guy for sure.
    P1000022_2.jpg
  • reelgrimmreelgrimm Posts: 445 Officer
    I know what you mean. Some captains can be grumps with kids. Although I can't make a recommendation, I do suggest that you call the guides and feel them out over the phone, sort of interview them. You can mention you are bringing your kids and see how they respond. good luck
  • rgarryrgarry Posts: 86 Deckhand
    I think we lost a lot of members when the site crashed. I know I went from visiting everyday to not visiting in over a year. I loved reading Jessie's post
  • IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    rgarry wrote: »
    I think we lost a lot of members when the site crashed. I know I went from visiting everyday to not visiting in over a year. I loved reading Jessie's post

    Jesse, Peter, Jerry Kernan, Aron Blaisdell (s/p). We lost all of those guys and several others in the crash. I have spoken to a few of them, but they just haven't come back. We just have to keep working to improve our reports and increase the number of those reporting!
    P1000022_2.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file