Jose Wejebe killed in a plane crash

Just heard his plane crashed. Don't know any of the details.

Replies

• Reef BanditReef Bandit Posts: 985 Officer
    Found out a little more. He was filming in Chokoloskee and was flying back. It happened over the everglades.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/apr/06/plane-crash-reported-everglades-city/
  • Captain Shane ProcellCaptain Shane Procell Posts: 371 Officer
    He was one of my favorites and one of the reasons I relocated to South Florida. He will be missed greatly. What a tragedy.
  • Gettin' Jiggy!Gettin' Jiggy! Posts: 203 Officer
    Horrible news. I learned so much from watching him since I was a kid. Never met him, but always dreamed of fishing on the Spanish Fly one day.
    Jose, you will be missed.
  • oldschoolmarceloldschoolmarcel Posts: 157 Officer
    I met him personally at Miami Sportfishing club recently and I was so impressed by his personality and how genuine he was. He was my inspiration for many years and I meeting him was a real treat for me. I am rarely impressed by celebrities but he impressed me very much. I'm in disbelief....What a loss to the fishing community. The Naples fire department said crash was not survivable. Geez... God speed to a heck of a fisherman and person. RIP Jose...
  • ClassifiedInfoClassifiedInfo Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    The Miami Sport Fishing Club would like to send our condolences to all of Jose's family and friends. It was a great honor having him in our club! He was a great fisherman and even greater person. Tight lines Captain!
  • JoeGiulJoeGiul Posts: 453 Deckhand
    Very sad to hear of Jose's demise. Another reminder to live each day to the fullest.
    Joe G.
    Lighthouse Point
  • copout@castawayscopout@castaways Posts: 5,779 Officer
    Very sad news. My wife & I meet him last November, he was truly a gentleman & so very down to earth. We talk as if we'd been old friends & in a way we were.

RIP :angel
  • corriccorric Posts: 148 Officer
    Wow! Unreal..... RIP. watched him all the time... Smooth guy!
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    RIP Jose
  • Mako_OneMako_One Posts: 216 Officer
    Just saw the news online regarding his death. It is such a tragedy to lose a person of his caliber. :angel
  • COBRACOBRA Posts: 247 Officer
    R.I.P Capt. I've always enjoyed your shows. If there's a Heaven, I know your hooked up by now.
  • onemulletonemullet Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    RIP Jose:angel
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    "Bro" RIP
  • Auburn1Auburn1 Posts: 36 Deckhand
    Terrible news. Jose really was a laid back, down to earth guy. Spent about 20 minutes with him at the Miami Boat Show a couple years ago as he gave me the E-ticket tour of his SeaVee. Hate to hear of his unnatural passing.
  • Native FloridianNative Floridian Posts: 702 Officer
    What a classy guy Jose was. As good as they come in my book. Rest in peace my friend. :angel
    P8260478.jpgPB300094-1.jpg
  • rodzrodz Posts: 660 Officer
    :angel R.I.P. Captain Wejebe :angel :USA
    I always enjoyed his shows - he was unique and will be missed.
  • alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,658 Captain
    This is tragic. A good guy with great passion and an intrepid spirit. This is really really sad.

***THE GUY IN MY AVATAR IS BLAIR WICKSTROM***

• pk911pk911 Posts: 234 Deckhand
    this is such a loss to the fishing community. I met him the boat shows a couple of times, always stopped to talk, great guy. He will be missed. Condolances to the family.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,052 AG
    I am so sorry to have heard about this tragic news.....
  • TailkillaTailkilla Posts: 202 Officer
    Great angler, great person, awesome spirit! Jose you will be missed by many. May you R.I.P. !!!!!!!
  • copout@castawayscopout@castaways Posts: 5,779 Officer
    There's a memorial service at IGFA on the 15th. More info is avail on the Spanish Fly facebook page.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file