Homosassa 3/25 Reds with Joe and Billy

There are always a few guys that just seem to click when together on the water and today I had the pleasure of fishing with two of the best. Joe and Billy (both forum members) joined me this afternoon for a day pounding the banks for reds. With the strong high pressure and strong winds I figured we would go through the motions but really didn't expect too much. We hit the incomming tide for it's duration and found what shelter from the wind we could magage. The water was 79 degrees and stained with tons of mullet activity almost everywhere. We tossed soft plastics exclusively on light spinning tackle at the banks. The reds were eating but the balance of finesse and power was crucial due to the relentless winds. We all got some nice reds with Joe (as usual) putting on a clinic from the back of the boat. The end result was 9 reds in the boat, 3 lost during battle and a nice upper slot trout. The best part was goofing off with the "Boys" for the afternoon. It seems if we ever get really great conditions the redfish will be thick and egar to bite!
This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file