If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?

PullinlipPullinlip Posts: 576 Officer
I am thinking here. Kandui, Mentawai Islands.
A village in Ireland has lost their idiot.

Replies

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Right now... home to Ireland to see my mum and dad for St Patrick's.

Snapped while talking to them on Skype

BridieandLarry.png
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,673 Admin
    My bucket list is to take six weeks and drive around the Western sde of the NA. Continent and camp and fish. That would make a happy camper.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • wizfisherwizfisher Posts: 2,387 Officer
    So many places here in the U.S.A. That I would like to see. We did a cross country road trip last summer and might make it an annual thing. We have discussed a trip to the northeast for this coming summer, but need to work out details if we decide to do it. Our daughter (12 years old) said that she would like to vist all 50 states. She is more than half way already with 27 or 28. I'm too lazy to go in her room and look at her map made out of the magnets.

There are a ton of things I would love to see around the world as well.
  • mrblugilmrblugil Posts: 801 Officer
    Thats great Menzies,love um up while their here ,too soon they leave,mine both gone to a better place
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 Officer
    New Zealand. No doubt about it.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,387 AG
    i'd like to travel the Mediterranean by sailboat starting at the straits of gilbralter traveling east on the north shore and west on the south shore, hitting every country at at least three ports
    No political signature
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 Officer
    Griz wrote: »
    My bucket list is to take six weeks and drive around the Western sde of the NA. Continent and camp and fish. That would make a happy camper.

First on my bucket list is to make a bucket of money to finance the rest of the bucket list.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral
    Right now....Telluride.
  • johnDjohnD Posts: 6,378 Admiral
    Jigging for dogtooth off the coast of Madagascar in the Mozambique Channel...yeah, that would work..Then I would leave for Western Australia and throw poppers off the rocks for bluefin.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 Officer
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Right now....Telluride.

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Actually, now, you might want to wait until mud season is over.
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • coldaircoldair Posts: 11,498 Officer
    I would like to spend the rest of m life touring America and maybe hitch a ride to Ireland for a few weeks
    169304.GIF
  • PotholePothole Posts: 1,368 Officer
    I want to finish this out before I'm too old. All done on a motorcycle.
  • BucYouUp68BucYouUp68 Posts: 1,184 Officer
    Griz wrote: »

Done It, Born and raised out there. When you are ready, hit me up for info. I am now doing the East Coast Thang
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

BucYouUp68................OUT

5831474064_7809a5b1b4_o.jpg
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    mikev wrote: »
    New Zealand. No doubt about it.
    X2
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    I would like to fish in the Hudson river where Scully laid down the plane.
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • Ramblin' ReckRamblin' Reck Posts: 2,701 Officer
    The Big Island, Hawaii.

http://www.gohawaii.com/big-island/regions-neighborhoods/kau/hawaii-volcanoes-national-park

Oh, wait... I've already been there, but I would love to go again!

Being an avid Geology student, I've seen the mountains in the US. They just sit there. Beautiful, yet nothing happening. Kinda' boring.

I stood inside the USGS monitoring station on the rim of Kilauea and witnessed my first real seizmograph at work with it's ink pin on a circular graph. In fact, a bank of them receiving info from different stations around the area. The pins were active. Sometimes a blip. I was ready to call for the manager. That baby was alive!

We stopped on our trip around the ridge to talk to a survey crew. With Theodolites, they were taking daily measurements from targets on the "cap" of the crust. An unusual "bulge" in the cap could mean real trouble. Hell, I was a nervous wreck, and was glad to get my family out of there.

But, I had witnessed Mother Nature in all her Geological magnificence, and would go back in an instant. I would just leave my family back home for their own safety.

Sayin... :driver:
    AuthorHouse.com

Walk.gif
    Popeye wrote: »
    I would like to fish in the Hudson river where Scully laid down the plane.

Good Reef There, or did they take it out? I hear noodling used to be good there?
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

BucYouUp68 wrote: »
    Good Reef There, or did they take it out? I hear noodling used to be good there?
    With the water flow, the fish should taste like NY.

Mark Twain
  • NoeetticaNoeettica Posts: 2,230 Captain
    want to know about my Gheenoes Go Here

http://www.noeettica.com/
  • hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer
    Newark, New Jersey......
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    Will be talking to myself in sports....TA TA
    hebegb wrote: »
    Newark, New Jersey......

You Need Help my friend!!!!

hebegb wrote: »
    Newark, New Jersey......

Don't even...
    Noeettica wrote: »

Is that the Forbidden City?

If so, been there, done that.
    OSHA is gonna shut that freak show down! Is that here in FL. too?

Mark Twain
  • wizfisherwizfisher Posts: 2,387 Officer
    Pothole wrote: »
    I want to finish this out before I'm too old. All done on a motorcycle.

My map is very similar. Take out California and Michigan and then add Utah, Wisconsin, Maine, Vermont, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Alaska.
    Did some of ours camping, most on a driving trip last year, and Alaska on our honeymoon.
    Hope to fill it in one day too.
    Are those Chopsticks in that photo?

• Bottom LinesBottom Lines Posts: 1,101 Officer
    I travel a bunch for work. I've been pretty much everwhere in the US on business, but I have never been out of the Country (aside from the Bahamas which doesn't really seem to count because it was a short ride there on my own boat)...

My wife (and I) want to do something "special" for our 10th anniversary next summer. Hopefully this thread gives me some good ideas... She's thinking somewhere in Europe, but I'm open for ideas from you all who have been around! :shrug

Help a brother out!!!
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,315 Officer
    i don't know.
    If I have money then most of the world would be cool
    I travel a bunch for work. I've been pretty much everwhere in the US on business, but I have never been out of the Country (aside from the Bahamas which doesn't really seem to count because it was a short ride there on my own boat)...

My wife (and I) want to do something "special" for our 10th anniversary next summer. Hopefully this thread gives me some good ideas... She's thinking somewhere in Europe, but I'm open for ideas from you all who have been around! :shrug

Help a brother out!!!

Secrets Punta Cana. You can thank me later.
  • hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer

Help a brother out!!!

If you like great food, history and most un-American go to Italy

I was loving it, Rome is great if you get off the beaten paths, same with Florence....did Pompeii and some time up in the hills way off the beaten path

Food everywhere is phenomenal ....people are friendly and helpful

Loved it
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    Will be talking to myself in sports....TA TA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file