LWI-3/7 and 3/10 Bluewater Spearing Report

The last couple weeks have been awesome with cobia action. The cobia are thick right now on the bulls..... Find the bulls and you will find the cobia!

Morning started yesterday at 6am. We wanted to get some diving in before the front hit. Myself and 3 buddies headed out the inlet and it was very smooth ride to the cobia grounds.

I was getting stoked as the water looked real blue and we jump in and its 100 ft viz! Also a raging north current at 3.5 knots.

It wasnt long and the bulls where coming up to the flashers with cobia in tow. My buddy and I shot two nice one and then then other two buddies after missing a few and losing one to a bull landed theirs. We got out limit! We saw one wahoo too but it was deep and moving fast. We headed in Jupiter because the seas got real big and there was a storm building. Ended up waiting out the storm at the square grouper and drinking few cold ones.

Last week we got 3 off bull sharks so it has been a real good cobia run for us so far.

Great day out yesterday hope you all got out!

O also my buddy made a cool video of us last week shooting the cobia off the bulls. Hope you enjoy the video! Link: http://vimeo.com/37505965

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file