Pending I.G.F.A World Record Snakehead caught in S. Florida

Congratulations to South Florida angler and my friend, Corey Nowakowski for a pending new world record Bullseye Snakehead catch. The fish was caught here in South Florida on a buzz frog. The fish was 37.5" long, had a 16" girth and weighed in at 12 pounds, eclipseing the current I.G.F.A. record of 11.8 pounds which was caught Asia.

61a5427a.png

Replies

• paranoid.androidparanoid.android Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    Beautiful coloring on that fish. Wish it wasn't caught in FL, though. Good job to Corey. :thumbsup
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    No Kidding,. I have caught snakeheads weighing 11+lbs & several 10lb fish on digital scale with pics. Never thought of contacting the IGFA. Was it weighed with a boga grip?
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,024 AG
    Isn't that a mudfish/bowfin or something new?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Captain Shane ProcellCaptain Shane Procell Posts: 371 Officer
    As the years go on I'am sure there will be many record breaking Bullseye Snakehead catches from S. Florida. Corey fishes more than anybody I know and targets big fish. I saw a picture of a 44" snakehead killed with a bow from the C-14 canal.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file