Ray's Baseball season long discussion

Replies

• wizfisherwizfisher Posts: 2,387 Officer
    That loss last night sucked. I thought for sure they were going to win.
    Hopefully they win today and keep the Sox under .500.

Go Rays.
    Rays win with a big 9th inning 2 run HR by Sean Rodriguez to take a 4-3 lead (final score) and put the Rays back to being tied for first with the Orioles.
    Red Sox remain under .500.

Go Rays.
  • T TopT Top Posts: 3,706 Captain
    They are holding very tough with a bunch AAA starters, Last half of the season should rock. The pizzer of it is, as the starters come of the DL who the hell does Madden send back down? That's a good problem to have!
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,688 Captain
    Matt Moore is not a big league starter. I know we are down a man right now with Niemann out, but Moore hasn't pitched a good game yet this season. I'd rather have Davis in the rotation than this kid
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,520 AG
    Yeah. moore isnt that good. He isnt under control. he is a rookie, but Davis would be a better fit.

Maybe he will get better
  • ChumbagChumbag Posts: 381 Officer
    AllenR wrote: »
    Matt Moore is not a big league starter. I know we are down a man right now with Niemann out, but Moore hasn't pitched a good game yet this season. I'd rather have Davis in the rotation than this kid

He can be good, but needs to be yanked as soon as he starts to loose control, which is more than I care to see.
    Back to #1 for the time being. They beat out the Orioles in a good series. Good offense that came around finally.

Now they have a series against those cheating Wankees. Hopefully no one gets a beer thrown at them in the dugout
    Yankees and Red Sox are creeping back towards the top and are only 1.5 and 3 games back, respectively.
    Let's hope the Rays can keep winning series' (<- that might not be right, lol) and stay in first place.
  • letsdeal1letsdeal1 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Hey Guys..

I would like to see them win the series.Awesome series against Toronto, with a few players I have never heard of before.

Go Rays.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral
    Passed my orioles!

**** it!

We'll be back
    I hate when the Yankees beat the Rays.
    Rays are now in third place, a game behind Baltimore and a half game behind the Yankees.

Go Rays.
    The bats just arent there. Then the errors are making the deficits worse

I think once they get behind a few runs, they just give up. Recently anyway
    Good sweep of the Marlins and staying in first place.

Go Rays.
    I'm headed down the street to the game tonight. Seeing the Mets should be kind of neat.
    I am interested in six tickets for the July 15th Red Sox game. Is Ticketmaster the best place to purchase them?
    Chumbag wrote: »
    I am interested in six tickets for the July 15th Red Sox game. Is Ticketmaster the best place to purchase them?

No, go to the stadium during the day. if you cant buy them at the box office, then Ticketmaster or Stubhub. They charge crazy fees but if thats what you have to do....

Or craigslist
  • joekat46joekat46 Posts: 1,815 Captain
    Just go to Fergs before the game. You will find face value tickets (+ or - a dollar or two) with no problem from the numerous street brokers. No reason to EVER buy a regular season Ray's ticket any other way. We've been doing it that way since 2007. Six seats together could throw a curve into this method. We usually only get three.
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,688 Captain
    Glad that series is over...
    Disgusting series. Mets fans are as bad as Yankees fans... oh wait, they are Yankee fans in mets shirts. Or maybe Rays fans in Mets shirts, that root for the new york teams only when they are in town

Hitting and stupid mistakes are kicking them out of 1st
    joekat46 wrote: »
    Just go to Fergs before the game. You will find face value tickets (+ or - a dollar or two) with no problem from the numerous street brokers. No reason to EVER buy a regular season Ray's ticket any other way. We've been doing it that way since 2007. Six seats together could throw a curve into this method. We usually only get three.

Thanks for the replies. I figured six tickets together may be the challenge.
    11-0 over the Marlins is a nice way to get stink off after the Mets series.
  • joekat46joekat46 Posts: 1,815 Captain
    Last night - 3 unearned runs - one appeared to be dogging it again. Be interesting to see if he is given a "day off" this afternoon.

Nice recovery this afternoon. Another shut out and nobody was taking it easy. Should have been a sweep but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    Pine tar on the glove... doh!!! Oh well, they won.

And it will be interesting to see how AAA-Durham does against the Nationals tonight :banghead

Who will be put on the DL next?
  • TB421TB421 Posts: 271 Officer
    rock_fish wrote: »
    Pine tar on the glove... doh!!! Oh well, they won.

And it will be interesting to see how AAA-Durham does against the Nationals tonight :banghead

Who will be put on the DL next?

Alot of pitchers have pine tar on their gloves. Especially during the summer when it's hot and humid. Like my boy Joe said, wait and see how many pitchers all across the league will be playing with brand new gloves now that they know teams will "tip off" the blue.
    TB421 wrote: »
    Alot of pitchers have pine tar on their gloves. Especially during the summer when it's hot and humid. Like my boy Joe said, wait and see how many pitchers all across the league will be playing with brand new gloves now that they know teams will "tip off" the blue.

Yeah. i think it was just the manager of the Nats using what he knew of Peralta to get him thrown out and give the Nats an edge. He just guessed and got lucky, then lost the game.
    Rays are losing way too many games lately. Falling back in the division.
    Hope they can start winning more than they lose and get back to the top.

Go Rays.
    It is just getting ugly. Too many utility players and too many moves, I think
  • pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Officer
    ****. Hadn't had a chance to follow them for 2 weeks. Awesome shape when I stopped, looked today. ****?!?!

Still though, GO RAYS! I have seen 'em come back from farther and much later in the season before. lol
    "Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" - Buddy McCoy :hail
    Swept
    by
    the....

Royals?

heyzeus, looking very sloppy all over
    It's getting ugly.
    It is baseball though and they can come back, but they need to make some sort of change soon.

Maybe they can play a good series against the Rays over the next few days.
    Go Rays.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file