cobia 2/23

ran south about 3 miles and found a few of these beauts in 35ft.
caught them on the XL DOA natural colored shrimp...(7" ??)

they're here, go and get em!
I am choice.
Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

Replies

• snake birdsnake bird Posts: 1,023 Officer
    nice cobs shark!

we did a recon mission last week and spotted 4 cobs. only got one to bite :banghead that straightened the hook :banghead
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    these cobes were free swimming. we saw probably 50 fish, all day, most of them under 20lbs though.
    I am choice.
    yea that's crazy for this time of year! but with all this warm weather its understandable

we wernt really targeting them, me and a few guys from work were just checking out the plane wrecks off st auggy. As soon as we arrived the lorance blew up with bait and within 5 mins we had cobs crusing on the surface :willynilly
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    warsaw for sure
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
    mods, please take care of this troll.
    I am choice.
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Nice one jimmy!
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    those cobia have weird FINS
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    thanks gt fish
    I am choice.
  • Devil DogDevil Dog Posts: 109 Officer
    Nice
    how far were you guys out? monday and friday look good weather wise:fishing
  • THROWING STONESTHROWING STONES Posts: 197 Officer
    Wow, Feb. Good job. Nice fish.
    basssman wrote: »
    how far were you guys out? monday and friday look good weather wise:fishing
    we were zig zagging from 20-60ft...3 miles south of the inlet
    I am choice.
  • Captain BrianCaptain Brian Posts: 336 Officer
    Oh boy, here we go. Stimulate our economy by spending more at the pump people. So is someone going to do a N.FL tarpon tournament now too? Why not do one for bull black drum too, right in the middle of spawning season? Smash em' al!
    brian.....what in the F&(x are you talking about?
    I am choice.
    Talking about the madness that is soon to be.....

Consider the floodgates opened. I'm actually surprised that your thread hasn't hit 1k views yet or 100 replies. Cobia make fisher people do crazy things. :willynilly
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,315 Officer
    I tell ya, I wouldn't open my piehole if i got the cobia on the first day they showed up.
    Cobia by their nature bring every huckleberry with a jonboat and a zebco into the ocean. In close, travel in loose schools, and you can find them, they bite good, and eat great.
    I can see telling people that the pompano or the mackarel are in...but cobia?
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    :rotflmaoI like this thread..
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    we were zig zagging from 20-60ft...3 miles south of the inlet

nice man! Finding them like that sure saves on the fuel cost
    What were you guys throwing? I've got the cobia itch bad and I think I've put together a crew together for Friday:machinegun
    http://www.hogylures.net/category/1033/14inch-Single-Pack/1.html
    Anyone try these in bubblegum yet?
    last year, bubblegum was a good one. chartreuse was also good.
    I am choice.
    Talking about the madness that is soon to be.....

Consider the floodgates opened. I'm actually surprised that your thread hasn't hit 1k views yet or 100 replies. Cobia make fisher people do crazy things. :willynilly
    i don't see what the big deal is....its just a cobia. if anyone who chases them around here had a clue, they'd run up to NC to catch an 80 pounder with ease.
    I am choice.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    I tell ya, I wouldn't open my piehole if i got the cobia on the first day they showed up.
    Cobia by their nature bring every huckleberry with a jonboat and a zebco into the ocean. In close, travel in loose schools, and you can find them, they bite good, and eat great.
    I can see telling people that the pompano or the mackarel are in...but cobia?
    looks like someone is a little upset they didn't find them first...
    I am choice.
    i don't see what the big deal is....its just a cobia. if anyone who chases them around here had a clue, they'd run up to NC to catch an 80 pounder with ease.

Or the Panhandle.
    or the panhandle :rotflmao

very true
    I am choice.
    Going out for cobia tomorrow with sharkatak, we'll let you guys know how it is.. cant wait
    i wasn't going to tell them, but i guess now they know. see you at 545 dude, i'm going to rig some baits and fill up the tanks.
    I am choice.
  • UnderslotUnderslot Posts: 370 Officer
    just bacause you can find them doesn't mean you can catch them. Half the people "fishing" for them do nothing but get in the way of the people that can actually catch them. Calm down... there are plenty of Cobia to go around.
  • brad safreedbrad safreed Posts: 562 Officer
    Funny you should say that, Underslot. I saw countless boats running right past rays and giant pogie pods last year without even spotting them. The best is when people stop and throw at the bat rays.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 Officer
    Tell your sister to call me.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • UnderslotUnderslot Posts: 370 Officer
    running past is ok, but seems like last year the same POS boat would run up on me as soon as I stopped and jack my fish. Worst part is he never stuck one... just scared them away. You know its bad when even my wife is pissed off.
  • dlagatordlagator Posts: 780 Officer
    I've read everybody fuss and moan about the Cobia season on here fore the past 3 years...I've enjoyed fishing for Cobia the past 3 years (with success) and never once pulled up on somebody else fishing a ray or bait pod and never had anybody do it to me...of course I don't get out that much so maybe I'm missing the mayhem. Most people do not want to run far from the inlet, that's why I always run about 10-15 miles north or south because it's seem much less crowded...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file