Where's The Bait???

Replies

• GatorInPISoundGatorInPISound Posts: 543 Officer
    Im catching plenty of pinfish and doing fairly well with the white bait on the flats in Northern PISound now....fyi. Chumming heavy helps with with white bait....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Trust in the LORD and receive HIS many blessings....
  • PtsrhenryPtsrhenry Posts: 255 Deckhand
    Is there bait at marker 9 out side jug creek?
    RANGER BAY 2300
    I caught my bait not too far south of there.....
    Got out again today out of Pineland. The bait is still strong. You do have to chum heavy in order to get the white bait to come in. Plenty of threadfins and they did just fine in the live well all day. Temp was around 77 degrees all day......plenty of pins as well.
  • dbraves8dbraves8 Posts: 239 Officer
    What's the best recipe for chum
  • mb5322mb5322 Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    dbraves8 wrote: »
    What's the best recipe for chum

I personally use corn meal mixed with canned mackerel, mix it up in a plastic bag until a thick paste consistency, then toss large marble size chunks until you see em flashing around.
  • FishyTech215FishyTech215 Posts: 85 Deckhand
    I use pop-top 5.5oz cans of Twin Pet Cat Food with Salmon. Seems to work fine and is only $0.30 per can.
  • bayhawkbayhawk Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    im going out on sat. is their any bait up river? i will be fishing up around 75 bridge and would love to find some pin fish and white bait. i don't mind running a little ways. any around the 41 bridge maybe? any help would be great and i will post if i find any.
    :fishing
  • DoodidleDoodidle Posts: 141 Officer
    bayhawk wrote: »
    im going out on sat. is their any bait up river? i will be fishing up around 75 bridge and would love to find some pin fish and white bait. i don't mind running a little ways. any around the 41 bridge maybe? any help would be great and i will post if i find any.
    You can find pins around there right now, I havent chumed really for white bait cause I go out to the mouth for them out by the causeway and just follow the birds. I might be out near 41 bridge this week and I will let you know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh forgot to add, Has anyone found the fingers in the river? from cape bridge to 41 bridge?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jrimmer1987jrimmer1987 Posts: 70 Deckhand
    Any bait around Placida or Devilfish?
  • bullbaybullbay Posts: 126 Deckhand
    PLenty of big bait @ Devilfish...
  • motoelfmotoelf Posts: 80 Deckhand
    Maybe headed out next week. Anyone seeing any bait around picnic island in St James City?
  • ComandanteComandante Posts: 268 Deckhand
    5/26/2012. There are a good number of small Balao (probably 16 count) on the beach off of Venice. I put three dozen in my basket over the span of 45 minutes by walking the beach and throwing a 10 ft pichard net to passing schools. Did not have to chum to attract them.
  • SPSnappSPSnapp Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    What's the White Bait & Pinfish situation in Gasparilla Sound? Also are there good numbers of Threads along the beaches?
  • jrimmer1987jrimmer1987 Posts: 70 Deckhand
    White Bait everywhere on all flats! Threadfins scattered off the beaches because of this nasty wind we have had.
  • SPSnappSPSnapp Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Thank you kindly sir for the information.
  • rigdayrigday Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Any idea where the white bait is lemon bay, stump pass area???
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 Officer
    Any bait around Placida or Devilfish?

LOL. No. There is never any bait around Devilfish or Placida.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • SeeingRedSeeingRed Posts: 312 Officer
    Matlacha pass by tropical point was loaded with white bait the other day.
  • fieromanfieroman Posts: 230 Officer
    i launched out of tropical pt Wednesday. in the morning there was a bunch of white bait, most were a little small but a few were good size. the fish didn't seem to mind though
  • thorn8272thorn8272 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Just so you know I just started runnin a bait barge from the railroad tressel to redfish pass on the caloosahatchee. email me if you want a location timetable
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 Officer
    thorn8272 wrote: »
    Just so you know I just started runnin a bait barge from the railroad tressel to redfish pass on the caloosahatchee. email me if you want a location timetable

Do you sell live GOG's or live ballyhoo?
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • thorn8272thorn8272 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Sorry just live shrimp pinfish and crabs
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,787 Captain
    Thursday on a morning incoming tide several schools of palm size pilchards 100 yards inside of span B.
    thorn8272 wrote: »
    Sorry just live shrimp pinfish and crabs

I will be in the river around the midpoint at 5 pm if you are going to be around. I would like some jumbo's and crabs if you have them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fieromanfieroman Posts: 230 Officer
    the cape yacht club pier has been loaded with white bait
  • AaronMurnaneAaronMurnane Posts: 161 Officer
    i went to span c of the causeway and did not catch anything but a leatherjack.... and i went to picnic island on the side you see when coming from rumrunners or the river if you follow that channel, the tripods and a few other places and only seemed to get about 1 and a half dozen greenbacks and maybe a dozen pins... this took a long time even considering the fact i tried chumming for larger pins in some areas around 5-6 feet deep and didnt get anything and even on the side of picnic island i was talking about... any where abouts of the bait or anything i could do to do better or new places to go?
  • hawk123pihawk123pi Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    how much for about 200 BIG pinfish, heading to tortugas sunday morn from punta rassa.
  • motoelfmotoelf Posts: 80 Deckhand
    Any bait around St Jmaes City?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file