Red Hot fishin 2/9/12

Had the pleasure of mating again today on the 55' Viking
(Primary business is slow, so papa has to eat lol)

The morning was slow, but the afternoon was EN FUEGO!!

[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=227398150683354&set=vb.100002395112645&type=2&theater[/video]

Ended up 4 for 6 on sails, (2 were tagged) and about 10 fins. (8 gaffers and a couple flippers.)
We also released several 5-10 lb fins for good karma!!
We also got 2 kings in the 20-30 class.

All in all a FANTASTIC day on the water, where we went thru 4 dozen gogs+
Got a couple pics, and also a brief video. (I will upload better vid later, pooped now)

[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=227381597351676&set=vb.100002395112645&type=2&theater[/video]
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
emoney991@outlook.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• OBX NativeOBX Native Posts: 131 Officer
    Quality fish there E! Nice size on those phins. :hail
  • skinneejskinneej Posts: 358 Officer
    Was today "Take a Taliban Fishing Day"? Just kidding... Nice fishing... What time did they start to bite?
    skinnej.jpg
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    Very nice E$..... wind supposed to die down a bit tonight... will be out in the morning... if you come down south hail me on 71....
    Is 71, the recreational fishing chatter in these parts? What channels are the more common ones for fishing chatter?
    skinnej.jpg
  • Key LimeKey Lime Posts: 360 Officer
    skinneej wrote: »
    Was today "Take a Taliban Fishing Day"? Just kidding... Nice fishing... What time did they start to bite?
    No, it was "take Tommy ****'s kid offshore day". Looks like e-money is a catchin' fool. :hail
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,428 Admiral
    Eric,

Awesome job AGAIN! :grin

Not a bad day at the office buddy.

Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • BearmaticBearmatic Posts: 576 Officer
    What day rough water and hard work bring in those fish, bet the charter was happy.:grin
  • soflah3soflah3 Posts: 589 Officer
    Another great day e$! Keep em' coming :hail
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    skinneej wrote: »
    Is 71, the recreational fishing chatter in these parts? What channels are the more common ones for fishing chatter?

71 is mostly used out of Boynton... I think the boys out of PBI use 68, 69, 72... I sometimes have it on scan thru those channels but when the chatter becomes non-stop and Sally the sailboat princess is telling Tammy the tug boat queen the step by step adventure from New Joyzee (no offense) to So. FL, I switch back to 71...
  • No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    Nice E

I've got those same Daiwa's. The 50 Hyperspeeds. Can't tell if those are 40's or 50's. My favorite reels. 7.0:1 high speed ratio. Smooth as glasss and awesome drag and lever.

What did you think about them?
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
    PaulBoat wrote: »
    New Joyzee (no offense)
    Why would I be offended? I'm from South Carolina... That makes me more of a southerner than you :)
    skinnej.jpg
    PaulBoat wrote: »
    71 is mostly used out of Boynton... I think the boys out of PBI use 68, 69, 72... I sometimes have it on scan thru those channels but when the chatter becomes non-stop and Sally the sailboat princess is telling Tammy the tug boat queen the step by step adventure from New Joyzee (no offense) to So. FL, I switch back to 71...
    Thanks for the info by the way... Just want to make sure I know which channel to yell on when one of you florida boys runs over my lines! :)
    skinnej.jpg
  • kingfish1224kingfish1224 Posts: 157 Officer
    :fishing nice fish
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Yar!
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,762 Officer
    Where was most of the activity?
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,257 Officer
    Nice E

I've got those same Daiwa's. The 50 Hyperspeeds. Can't tell if those are 40's or 50's. My favorite reels. 7.0:1 high speed ratio. Smooth as glasss and awesome drag and lever.

What did you think about them?

Paper Chaser I think they are FANTASTIC!!
    Compleat best of it was 110-130 off Breakers to Dodge Wall.

Best channel to listen in off Palm Beaches is 19.

Thanks all for nice words and sense of humor!
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    emoney991@outlook.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jah sonjah son Posts: 236 Officer
    e-money wrote: »
    Paper Chaser I think they are FANTASTIC!!
    Compleat best of it was 110-130 off Breakers to Dodge Wall.

Best channel to listen in off Palm Beaches is 19.

Thanks all for nice words and sense of humor!

Outstanding work! You guys were on fire! I got hammered by the weather and called it early. Guess I should've stuck it out.

I listen in on 19. Mostly charter and commercial fishing chatter.

What depth were the dolfin? Same 110-130'?
    Knowing is half the battle. The other half is violence.

9 out of 10 times alcohol IS the answer.
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,257 Officer
    Jah Son, there was a defined weedline in 110'. We were keeping our kite baits just off-shore of the edge.
    The dolphin and sails were in same depth, traveling South, and hammering schools of flying fish!
    emoney991@outlook.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockNReelerRockNReeler Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Nicely done...got to get out this week and see if they are still around!
  • brightlightsbrightlights Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Still crazy after all these years.........Good to see you still tearing it up....CHEERS!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file