Meeeeeeshigan!

2»

Replies

• GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,631 Admin
    Calusa wrote: »
    Though I predicted the Wolverines would beat Va Tech, does anyone besides me think the Hokie receiver got a bum call on the OT touchdown? Looked to me like he had a fair catch, barely. Surprised me that the officials overturned the call on the field after watching the replay.

He sure did. And there certainly wasn't anything conclusive in the reruns to overturn the call on the field.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 Officer
    Been a Wolverine fan my whole life. I thought it was a good catch and didn't see anything to overturn it. He *may* not have had complete control over it, but it looked OK to me. That didn't cause them to lose the game though. They still missed the kick afterwards.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • walleyedanwalleyedan Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    worst call i have seen in bowl games this year
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    Larry Mac wrote: »
    No it was a catch. Or it should have been. A great catch Ground did not help him catch the ball.
    The entire basis for replay is irrefutable evidence to overrule a play on the field. It wasn't there.

Bingo.., watched this over and over and the ground had no impact. He even used his right shoulder(I believe) to keep the ground from impacting the catch/ball cause he knew that would be a factor in the ruling. Clearly seen.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,440 Admiral
    Well obviously the NFL has a different intetpretation of the ball touching the ground on a catch. Gronkowski made a great effort but the college ref in the Orange Bowl would not have counted it a catch.
    Obviously..., or they're blind. I wouldn't have counted it as a catch tonight either Larry.

He had the ball "encircled", but he didn't cradle the ball. The ground did...

No catch here..., at "me casa."
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    I know. Poor Tim got cheated, right guys? :rolleyes
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,440 Admiral
    BS. Calusa-- this post was nothing about TT. Simply pointing out discrepencies noted in calling receptions.
    I love Tim but also am a realist--plus the Pats have always been my favotite AFC ream.
    OK Larry, you're off the hook. :grin
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
    Calusa wrote: »
    I know. Poor Tim got cheated, right guys? :rolleyes

No one was ever on the hook chief.., ridiculous comment.

Simply a discussion of the catch.., that wasn't.

We're the wrong ones for you to call out since you seem to STILL Be "bitter" about your time away.

Get over it......
    Dream on, Mr. self important. I'll let you off the hook as well. :troll
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file