Mudhole Free Shipping Code!!!

I've heard pretty good things about mudhole.com for rod building and repair stuff and I thought I'd shoot a small order over there to see what they're really made of.

My first order started with some lure building supplies and a couple of replacement butts just to feel out quality and price effectiveness. The tiny order I made today would have been ridiculous to make if I hadn't found the FREE SHIPPING CODE online and it actually worked!!!

So all you fly tiers, rod bulders and DIY repairers out there enter "FREESHIPPINGPLZ" in the coupon code space while placing your next order and save a little cash!!!

I'll let you know about my few little items when I get 'em!!

Replies

• reel cowboyreel cowboy Posts: 565 Officer
    Great to know, thanks.
  • AlwaysAbuAlwaysAbu Posts: 472 Officer
    The code had expired, they are back to ripping us off for shipping again. I wouldn't mind paying shipping if it was the actual cost of shipping but they throw a little extra on.
  • Capt. Kevin BrotzCapt. Kevin Brotz Posts: 710 Officer
    double post, sorry
    We are Glad to Help!!
    Email_Banner.jpg
    Build A Better Rod!
  • tuna mantuna man Posts: 627 Officer
    You're gonna pay shipping, one way or the other, they have to pay it, either increased prices or a shipping fee, in the long run. They may have temporary deals, and thank them for it, but it won't last.Everyone expects the business to absorb everything, sorry, ain't gonna happen. I know I'm about 40 miles from them, I'd MUCH rather pay $10. shipping even on a spool of thread then drive there, close to 2 hrs, 4 gals gas @ $3.50 a gallon. I don't feel I'm being ripped off. I have received 3-4 orders from them. I'm a beginner, they are very polite and more than helpful. A-1 company in my opinion.
  • Capt. Kevin BrotzCapt. Kevin Brotz Posts: 710 Officer
    Looking for free shipping? As a way of saying Merrry Christmas, Get Bit Outdoors has extended Free Shipping for the Holidays with today being the last day!
    We are Glad to Help!!
    Email_Banner.jpg
    Build A Better Rod!
    tuna man wrote: »
    You're gonna pay shipping, one way or the other, they have to pay it, either increased prices or a shipping fee, in the long run. They may have temporary deals, and thank them for it, but it won't last.Everyone expects the business to absorb everything, sorry, ain't gonna happen. I know I'm about 40 miles from them, I'd MUCH rather pay $10. shipping even on a spool of thread then drive there, close to 2 hrs, 4 gals gas @ $3.50 a gallon. I don't feel I'm being ripped off. I have received 3-4 orders from them. I'm a beginner, they are very polite and more than helpful. A-1 company in my opinion.

X eleventy billion.

The boiler business ain't any different than any other business. I hear complaints about freight costs everyday. Not only do people expect you to survive on 3-5% profit but also throw shipping in as well. And you better be prepared to pay the shipping back if they decide they didn't know what they wanted or needed.

X eleventy billion.

The boiler business ain't any different than any other business. I hear complaints about freight costs everyday. Not only do people expect you to survive on 3-5% profit but also throw shipping in as well. And you better be prepared to pay the shipping back if they decide they didn't know what they wanted or needed.
  • thenewanglerthenewangler Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Well the shipping on the little order I placed was in fact free! Yeah it was a small order, just a couple butts and some jig heads, but it made that small order worth it for me. I don't know if it was a first timer thing, if I may have hit them on the right day, or they were just being cool, but the gesture that they showed through shipping my small order will keep me coming back. So the shipping cost absorbed on one order just bought them a return customer!!

Do I expect them to keep doing it? No. Is the code worth a try on smaller orders? Yes.
    TheNewAngler, glad to hear you had a great experience.
  • AlwaysAbuAlwaysAbu Posts: 472 Officer

I agree that they are an A-1 company when it comes to customer service and selection. I have enjoyed speaking with them and they are always prompt to reply to email inquiries. But I just ordered some guides, 2 spools of thread, a few brushes, and a foam grip that would have fit in a small sized USPS flat rate box but they send by FED EX and the shipping for those small items was $18.95 on a $123 order. I dont want free shipping or them to not make a profit, but that shipping cost is excessive.
  • scHAkscHAk Posts: 45 Deckhand
    AlwaysAbu wrote: »
    The code had expired, they are back to ripping us off for shipping again. I wouldn't mind paying shipping if it was the actual cost of shipping but they throw a little extra on.

I packed boxes for Mudhole for 4 years while in college. It's shipping and HANDLING and it's a PITA to count out 20 size 8 guides and label each ziploc bag they are put in. A $50 order can have 30+ items that all have to be pulled from the shelves, labeled, bagged and then packaged in a box. It is very time consuming.
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,235 Officer
    Exactly! No business can make a profit if they give away labor costs. If you order a rod blank and all the accessory items to build the rod, someone has to go to individual bins and pull each of those items, package and ID them and then pack for shipping. Even the "kit" rods are not prepackaged, there are too many variations that people ask for. Take a trip to Mudhole some time and gaze on their inventory; mind boggling that so many orders go out correctly packed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file